Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vicereine

my face is darker, not lighter than my body

When I read about foundation, usually it says the face is lighter than the body (or neck specifically)...well I'm the opposite, my face is a bit darker and pink in some areas (like sides of nose/cheeks), my body is very white.

Last time I bought foundation, I had 2 shades picked out, the cosmetics woman tested both on me, and while the lighter one matched my skin tone more, the slightly darker one looked better...she just said I have to be careful with blending on the sides of my face. I think it looked better because my face is still pink with the light one, the darker one covers it more.

But I don't want to have a tan-ish looking face and a white neck lol. I thought that lighter would be better to hopefully even out my neck and face but I like the redness coverage of the darker one.

I am going to be ordering more samples of EDM, the last ones weren't quite right...however I noticed the same thing as with the liquids, the lighter one still showed pink, the darker one covered that better, but more noticeable near my neck.

Any suggestions? I thought about blending onto my neck, but think it might look terrible as it's very pale? Or what about using 2 shades? Or maybe use the green foundation to reduce redness? The beige looks nicer though :P if only the rest of me was that colour.

i think you may have a problem with coloring.... i'm not sure though. are you warm or cool? everyday minerals has a foundation guide to help you. i think you may be getting a neutral or cool shade when you really need a warm one. in my personal opinion, i'd rather match the rest of my body if it was lighter than matching the coloring of my face.

I have a similar problem although I'm not as fair as you. My skin has a lot of yellow in it, but my face looks much darker than my neck because I have a lot of red in it. (It looks ruddy compared to the rest of me.)

I use a combination of silk powder and EM's Sunlight Concealer on my face as a primer to tone down the redness, and then I use a foundation that most closely matches my neck... which I think is either Golden Fawn or Golden Light, I haven't decided yet.

You may want to try using Sunlight or Intensive Light concealer on the areas that are more pink, and then applying your foundation in a color that matches your neck.

I looked at the concealers to see if there is one that's lighter but neutral or yellow toned, but the Intensive Fair concealer looks too light to me... so I'd stick with Sunlight or Intensive Light.

You may also be able to conceal with the Light Golden Fair foundation. That one is very ivory colored to me. Or perhaps a different foundation. I would make sure it doesn't have any pink in it. Look for a yellow tone to correct the pink.

Of course they have the mint concealer also, but I've never tried that because I've read it makes your skin look kind of brown and is difficult to cover.

HTH. :)

I used to have the same problem as you. Because I didn't wear anything on my face during the summer, it got more tan than the rest of my body--well, with the exception of my feet. What I did is I tried to match my foundation with my neck. Since EDM has natural SPFs, my face now is lighter than my neck--but I still would try to match foundation up with my neck.

I use a combination of silk powder and EM's Sunlight Concealer on my face as a primer to tone down the redness.

This is really an excellent idea! I'm going to try that, thanks :D

GG - I can't believe how much better and happier my skin is using the silk powder as a primer... and since I didn't want the white color and have a lot of red in my face, adding the Sunlight just made a lot of sense. Now I don't have to use very much foundation to get a flawless complexion. Please let me know how it works for you. :)

I use a combination of silk powder and EM's Sunlight Concealer on my face as a primer to tone down the redness.

This is really an excellent idea! I'm going to try that, thanks :D

GG - I can't believe how much better and happier my skin is using the silk powder as a primer... and since I didn't want the white color and have a lot of red in my face, adding the Sunlight just made a lot of sense. Now I don't have to use very much foundation to get a flawless complexion. Please let me know how it works for you. :)

I have the tinted silk dust, we'll see if it works as well. I'm going to try it today in the evening (I have a blind date :D)