Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert

Papaya Soap ... Wow

A few years ago there was a thread on this forum about papaya soap. I bought a bar back then and really liked it, then gave up on it 'cause the acne.org member who was selling it (Curryboy) ran out of supply. Well, recently I found another brand of papaya soap from the Philippines. It's called Likas Papaya Soap. I've been using it for almost three weeks and my skin is clearer. It's gentler than Curryboy's soap but still exfoliates well. I actually like it better 'cause I can use it everyday; Curryboy's soap was very potent. Papaya has an enzyme that eats dead skin. The red marks on my face have faded, and I swear the rolling scars are less noticeable.

It's mildly drying, and so after three days I take a day off, then start again. I might try every other day and see how that goes.

The soap lasts a long time. I love it.

Here's the Papaya thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...53&hl=likas

A few years ago there was a thread on this forum about papaya soap. I bought a bar back then and really liked it, then gave up on it 'cause the guy who was selling it (Curryboy) ran out of supply. Well, recently I found another brand of papaya soap from the Philippines. It's called Likas Papaya Soap. I've been using it for almost three weeks and my skin is clearer. It's gentler than Curryboy's soap but still exfoliates well. I actually like it better 'cause I can use it everyday; Curryboy's soap was very potent. Papaya has an exzyme that eats dead skin. The red marks on my face have faded, and I swear the rolling scars are less noticeable.

The soap lasts a long time if you only use it once a day. I love it.

Here's the Papaya thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...53&hl=likas

I bought two bars here: http://www.naturalbeautysystem.com/likas-papaya-soap.html

Fast shipping.

This one is probably stronger and more suitable for scars. It might be Curryboy's soap:

http://www.vimnvigor.com/catalog/product_i...?products_id=40

Edit: Yes, I've confirmed that the second soap is the strong one that Curryboy sold. He bought it in Hawaii and sold it on eBay. It's called Cristy's Wild Papaya Tingle Soap. It is not for the faint of heart. You shouldn't leave it on your face for more than a minute or so. If you use it everyday, you will probably get visible peeling, which is desirable for scars. The Likas soap is much gentler--good for daily exfoliation and a soft, clear complexion--and can be left on the face for three minutes. So, both soaps are good. It just depends on what you're trying to correct.

Would you mind posting the ingredients on the box? I've used other products with papaya and really liked them - but can't seem to find any info on the Likas.

Ordered 5. I wonder if it'll have oil in it? I should hold up to that alright now, but wouldn't have been able to before.

Looks very promising, in any case. Thanks for the links.

Would you mind posting the ingredients on the box? I've used other products with papaya and really liked them - but can't seem to find any info on the Likas.

Another potential source for Curryboy's soap is Clark's Nutrition, as a special order. This is from the original papaya thread (it's from four years ago and so it's dated):

-----

We do carry the Cristy's Wild Papaya Tingle Soap in a 3.5oz for $4.99. You can order this product by either calling our 1-800 number or by emailing us your information of name (first, last), shipping address (we send all products by UPS) and credit information. I hope this is a help to you. If you have any questions please feel free to send me and email or give me a call.

Tina Vazquez

Administrative Assistant

Clark's Nutrition

4225 Market St

Riverside, Ca 92501

(909) 686-4757

(800) 251-8996

www.clarksnutrition.com

-----

I'm sending them an e-mail to see if it's still available, as it's not on their website.

I used likas papaya soap about 3 years ago, it done absoloutly nothing for my redness or my acne or my scarring, all it done was give me dry skin. It's crap if you ask me.

How long did you use it??

If your scars are severe, then papaya is not for you. Papaya is primarily an exfoliator and wrinkle reducer, if used consistently. It will also lighten and eventually remove red marks and sun spots, and may soften shallow scars.

Be VERY careful with this stuff. If you have any active acne or dry skin it can take the skin off prematurely and actually cause scarring. It is ONLY for those with no skin issues whatsoever!

Yes, your acne should be under control before using papaya aggressively, although Likas is so mild that I doubt it would harm you. As for Cristy's Wild Papaya Soap, it should definitely not be used on problem skin.

Also, don't mix papaya with benzoyl peroxide, Retin-A, Tazorac, lactic acid peels, etc. If you do, you won't like me very much. :D If you use these other products, wait a full 48 hours before using the soap.

Be VERY careful with this stuff. If you have any active acne or dry skin it can take the skin off prematurely and actually cause scarring. It is ONLY for those with no skin issues whatsoever!

How long did you use it??

If your scars are severe, then papaya is not for you. Papaya is primarily an exfoliator and wrinkle reducer, if used consistently. It will also lighten and eventually remove red marks and sun spots, and may soften shallow scars.

Yes, Likas is mild. Try using it every other day at first. Your skin will be soft and smooth after the first application. Get it really sudsy and leave it on your face for a couple of minutes.

Does this apply to Black Licorice soap also? (Which is better of the two for hyperpigmentation?)

Robert, i used the soap for about 11 months i went through 2 bars anyway, it has no effect at all on my skin, apart from make it drier, it certainly didn't lighten my red marks or soften my scarring lol, it's only a bar of soap afterall.

I'm sorry it didn't help you. But from what I've read of your condition, your scars are too severe to be helped by papaya.

It has lightened my marks in only three weeks, so evidently my skin is different from yours. My skin is also baby smooth now.

I wouldn't call it "only a bar of soap," as most soaps don't exfoliate the skin. I used "Ivory" soap yesterday, and Likas today, and there is no comparison. Likas is even lightening some bad acne marks on my right shoulder.

Yes I do, but it is from one of the E-Bay members I'm hoping to buy from this week. http://stores.ebay.com/A-Shopaholics-Barga...g-Products.html

The feedback for this Bleach Whitening Kit is outstanding. ALL positive input.

The creme in this kit also seems like it actually works due to the Kojic acid in it. I think Shiseido uses Kojic Acid in its expensive whitening cremes also.

What the hell is it if it's not a bar of soap??? lol, this place cracks me up at times, soap will not rid you of anything except, dirt. FACT!

Also i used the soap to wash my face before i got the dermabrasion that completely fucked up and scarred my face and left me with hypopigmentation. man if you guys seriously start believing a bar of soap will soften scarring and rid you of red marks then you are more gullible than i ever thought possible.

What the hell is it if it's not a bar of soap??? lol, this place cracks me up at times, soap will not rid you of anything except, dirt. FACT!

Also i used the soap to wash my face before i got the dermabrasion that completely fucked up and scarred my face and left me with hypopigmentation. man if you guys seriously start believing a bar of soap will soften scarring and rid you of red marks then you are more gullible than i ever thought possible.

Yeah people like you crack me up all the time. This isn't ordinary soap that you scrub all over your body to clean "dirt". As you said, you have used this soap before and left you with hypopigmentation, does ordinary soap do that to your face? And I can probably bet you that you left the Papaya soap suds on your face for a timespan of more then 2mins which you're not suppose to due to its strong exfoliation. That's what caused your hypopigmentation. No one said that a bar of soap will removed any discoloration on your face ALONE. With other products in hand, yes it will help remove discolorations. Also, in your first post you said using this product gave you drier skin, you probably used it again causing your skin to peel prematurely and cause more scarring. As Anna has said.