Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Constantine

Tell me about psyllium husks

Benn having trouble emptying my bowels recently, not as regular as I once was despite eating a ton of fruit and veg for some reason.

Do pysllum husks really work in keeping you regular, clearing your colon, allowing you to eat anything without worrying?

Who has some expereince of this?

PH constipates me even if i drink 2+ litres of water. my digestion is pretty messed up at the moment. haven't had literally any bowel movements in the last two days.

anbody else made the similar experiences?

also it didn't improve my skin:(

That guy from second opinions (Glennarts link) looks like a hardcore carnivore... hes got some good points, but goes very far by saying survival without animal protein is impossible.

But to stay ontopic, Psyllium doesnt give me much gas problems... I dunno if its such a good cleanse as it is said to be though...

It cant be good if you take it everyday and it doesnt allow you to eat everything you want without negative effects. What it does do when you take it with a high GI food, is raise the glycemic load, so it slows down the rate of absorption, which is good.

What it does do when you take it with a high GI food, is raise the glycemic load, so it slows down the rate of absorption, which is good.

I'm confused. I know it probably best to get fiber through food, but if were to take a fiber supplement, is pysllium husk okay or not?

I'm confused. I know it probably best to get fiber through food, but if were to take a fiber supplement, is pysllium husk okay or not?

Thank you Wynne. I had been taking it and noticed a definite improvement in digestion but after reading one of the above posts I stopped. I am going to start again.