Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BdotMan

Is this a silly thing to do?

At the moment, my regimen consists of...

• Drinking loads of water everyday
  • Trying to eat quite a bit of fruit & salad
  • I cleanse my face once a day (at night) with Clean&Clear Deep Cleansing Cream Wash
  • I've stopped masturbating, and am trying my best to resist!

The thing is, I have blackheads around my nose area and wanted to get rid of them because they're starting to annoy me. The cream wash isn't helping them but I was wondering whether I could use any of their blackhead products ALONG with the cream wash or would it be silly and could have harmful effects? I'm sure C&C have a blackhead scrub but I was wondeirng how often I should use it and whether I can use it like straight after the cream wash stuff?? :doh:

If you use the Wash in morning and the Scrub at night, there shouldn't be a problem. If you're going to do it, you better you the Wash in the morning, when your skin is most sensitive~ :)

I don't see why not. Go for it if you want to.

But personally I stay away from scrubs/abrasives, they can cause micro-lacerations in your skin making things worse. I would recommend a nice peel or glycolic acid (AHA), though not if you have sensitive skin...

Um, why in the world would try to resist masturbating. Stopping it all together can be harmful, you can just limit it.

Ive seen no studies that relate acne to masturbation. I dont think it makes any difference and many people would agree.

Also, you could add exercise to that list, if you dont do so already. It increases blood flow to your skin and sweating cleans out pores. And its pretty awesome for your health in general too.

At the moment, my regimen consists of...

• Drinking loads of water everyday
  • Trying to eat quite a bit of fruit & salad
  • I cleanse my face once a day (at night) with Clean&Clear Deep Cleansing Cream Wash
  • I've stopped masturbating, and am trying my best to resist!

The thing is, I have blackheads around my nose area and wanted to get rid of them because they're starting to annoy me. The cream wash isn't helping them but I was wondering whether I could use any of their blackhead products ALONG with the cream wash or would it be silly and could have harmful effects? I'm sure C&C have a blackhead scrub but I was wondeirng how often I should use it and whether I can use it like straight after the cream wash stuff?? :doh:

Actually, there have been quite a few studies on the effects of masturbation to the body. You'd be surprised how much CHRONIC masturbation can mess you up. Poor vision, loss of memory, depression, ED, premature ejaculation and others. It also increases your androgen level which is directly related to the amount of sebum produced which means that, in SOME people, it can aggrevate acne. You also lose zinc and other minerals every time you ejaculate. Personally, I am one of these people. Going 2 weeks without masturbation did a wonder for my skin. When I go back to it, I wake up with a very slight stinging sensation in my face and much more oil on my skin. Most say it's a myth, but I am a firm believer. It won't hurt to try. Don't let anyone tell you it won't help until you try it. Just a week without masturbation might help your skin, but even in that short period of time you'll notice a quick change in the amount of oil on your skin once you return to it. Like I said, this might not apply to everybody, but it's worth a shot. Go ahead and google "side effects of OM(over masturbation)" or something along those lines. All of it is backed by a bunch of scientists using words I don't understand, but the info is out there. Good luck

No offense, but your post made my day. Unless your religion frowns upon masturbation and the guilt contributes to stress (or perhaps God is punishing you with pimples), there is absolutely no connection between masturbation and acne. Also, contrary to popular myth, there is absolutely no harm in not masturbating at all, either. pacificmx45, I'd like to see the citations for all of these adverse effects you're talking about.

About your current routine, I'd suggest gently cleansing in the morning, as well, especially if your face is oily. For blackheads, no amount of scrubbing in the world is going to help. The only way to get rid of and prevent them is to get the flow of oil from your pores back to normal. Salicylic acid or beta hydroxy acid is a chemical exfoliant that can penetrate pores (unlike alpha hydroxy acids) and exfoliate inside to unclog them. It also has some anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Products containing it must be at a pH of 3-4 in order to be effective, however, and most over-the-counter BHA products are not. For example, BHA in a face wash is useless, not only because the product's pH is too high, but also because you're rinsing the BHA off your skin before it has a chance to work. Two good products available from the drugstore are Clearasil Daily Blackhead Control Pads with Sea Salt, and Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Treatment. Paula's Choice (available online) also makes very good BHA products.

Also, I'd suggest a benzoyl peroxide treatment if you have trouble with any other forms of acne. While BP isn't a big help with blackheads, it's the best OTC treatment for pimples and cysts. At the drugstore, my favorite is Stridex Power Pads. The 2.5% gel here seems pretty good, and again, Paula's Choice makes very good BP products. (I'm not a PC sales rep or anything, but hers is the only skincare line I really trust to consistently turn out well-formulated products without a bunch of hype.)

Eating lots of fruits and veggies is a great decision to make, for your whole body. You probably won't see immediate results in the condition of your skin, though. The immune system boost MIGHT help your body fight off the bacteria that cause acne, but this has never been shown in scientific studies. The antioxidants are likely good for your skin in the long run, though.