Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blonde_boy

BREAK-THROUGH TREATMENT THAT WORKS!

Okay the key to this is patience, if you don’t have patience, I suggest you don’t even bother reading this, as I can tell you now, it’s not going to work for you! Sorry to sound mean, but it’s the fact to this regimen!

So what’s the breakthrough? And how does it work? That’s what you want to know right? Well here it is!

Steam steam steam!& what I like to call EMM (ex foliate, mask & moisturize)

but before i go into the details of how to use these key components to correctly maintain healthy skin ill inform you with some background knowledge for a better understanding in how it works and how you might like to alter this for your own personal regimen!

What is steaming?

Steaming is the exposure of skin to warm, moist steam from recently boiled water, be it from your kitchen,

your bathroom, facial sauna or at a gym, but do not i repeat do not used a flannel soaked in hot water! firstly the warmth in the steam will cause your blonde vessels to dilate which then causes the opening of the oil glands and pores whilst also increasing blood circulation, the reason i do not recommend a flannel as it suffocates over this skin not allowing fresh oxygen to bypass the skin and penetrate into the skin.

The exposure to the heat produced from the steam, causes your blood vessels to dilate (expand) thus causing extractions in all areas of the skin layers, cells etc .. So this is already increasing the amount of blood being circulated! So far 1 benefit for the skin!

Due to the expansion in blood vessels and heat, your good old nasty sebaceous glands and pores expand as well to allow more oxygen into the body to cool you down, but we don’t want to be cooled down, because the longer these pores are open the better!

As the improved circulation results in the beneficial delivery of oxygen, water and essential nutrients to your skin.

So as the steam penetrates deep into the pores of your skin it makes it easier to remove these plugs later on in your regimen, ie exfoliating, facial mask or just a normal cleanser, so your end result is a deeply cleansed, re hydrated healthier glow.

But why haven’t people successfully cleared their acne with this regimen before?

There is one main factor contributing to their unsuccessful attempts!

WATER WATER WATER! Friend or enemy?

Many of us know about all the harmful stuff in natural water, as it sits in water stations made hundreds of years ago, and comes all the way to your house and out of your tap in an old rusty pipe, think about it, how old is your house? If its older then 50 I can guarantee that all the pipes are full of rust as they didn’t use stainless steel bonding agents to metal some 50 years ago, maybe you live in a new house? But how far away is your water coming from? Let me tell you know, unless it’s a street away, its filled with harmful parasites and god knows what else, I wont go into details. Maybe you have filter, filters do nothing but removes what is floating or mixed witht the water, but the harmful materials are soluble and has been dissolved into the water, an cannot be filtered. Sorry to say to all of you who think your smart because you installed a filter to your tap and consider your self healthier, the only way to remove these parasites and harmful additives is to bring the water to a complete forced boil on the stove, not in a kettle. As the kettle cuts off at boiling temperature (100 degrease Celsius) but on the stove you can force the boil to about 110 degrease without causing to much of a mess. So boil your water on a stove in a pan or or pot and when it vigorously bubbles and boils, don’t turn it off, count to 30 and only after 30 seconds of vigorous boil, everything is dead gone zill BAM! You have 100% pure water, but you cannot use this steam ur face as the harmful products are still coming off in the steam. So let it cool down, it doesn’t have to be cold, but cold/warm enough for you to stick your hand in it and be able to tolerate it. Now this is where the regimen begins!

what you will need :)

* Pre-boiled un-contaminated water

* Sink,basin ( i don't recommend bowls or pans)

* 2 Towels

* Pot/Pan & Stove

* Choice of ex-foliating scrub or normal cleanser

* moisturizer

* Facial mask (highly reccomended but can be done without a mask)

* patience.

what to do

being with boiling your water again in n the pot/pan on the stove. not a kettle. :)

just to normal boiling point, not forced boiled like in the beginning

whilst this is boiling prepare your skin or basin

so rinse it with warm water no soap to remove any germs or dust in the sink.

then put the plug in it to stop water from escaping,

when the water has boiled poor it into the sink carefully (the reason i use a sink

and recommend a sink or basin is because there fixed and unable to be nocked around

thus preventing burns and injuries)

now drape a towel over your head like a "tent"

then place your face over the steam,

for your first time i recommend 5 mins as it will be hot

and hard to breath.

your face should be covered with water and be dripping your face will appear

red and flushed

and your problem areas will look worse

now after immediately after steaming ex foliate or use your favorite cleanser

but do not scrub, use gently as ur pores are open you don't want to over do it

or damage your skin i recommend 2 minutes of gentle washing

then rinse your face with warm water (NOT COLD! it will close ur pores)

now you can do this step of skip it. apply a mask immediately as it will

reach deeper as the pores are open and blackheads and impurities are open

and able to be removed, use your mask for its recommended time usually 10mins

then wash of with warm water until your face has no more product left on it.

when your completely satisfied your skin is clean of product splash cold water

on your face for about 5 minutes as the cold will contract the pores and tighten ur skin

again, then pat your face dry with a towel, right now your face should be tight

and weird now apply a generously amount of moisturizer :)

the redness,swelling and problem areas will fade after

10 mins

and after 30 mins you will have a healthy glow

do this every second night and remember not to skip the moisturizer

as you will over dry your face and damage it!

PLEASE POST ANY QUESTIONS & ILL HAPPILY ANSWER THEM! :)

some people see improvements within a week others take 2-3!

TIPS

1. dont place your face to close to steam as it will burn

but you dont want it to far away you dont feel anything

2. never forget to moisturize

3. for maximum results use your topical benzyol peroxide after all steps

as the regimen will increase the effectiveness of the bp

4. remeber that it takes patience.

but half an hour a night is worth

the days of beautiful clear skin :)

If this is such an amazing breakthrough treatment (Everyone knows about steaming btw), why in your signature do you say you use all that extra stuff, BP and all.

Alex

If this is such an amazing breakthrough treatment (Everyone knows about steaming btw), why in your signature do you say you use all that extra stuff, BP and all.

Alex

you know what, half an hour every other day really isn't that bad.

i might give this a shot.

however, if you go on vacation you're probably screwed. most hotels don't have a stove you can use.

This is something anyone can add right into their regimen of choice... no switching products around... just taking a little extra time during the week! The part I like best is using a sink for safety. And you're right, so many steaming methods have you placing that bowl of VERY HOT water on a table, which can easily be knocked over with the towel if you're not careful. So even if you placed the entire pot of hot water into your skin instead of dumping the water in, you are still being safer than placing it ON the table - a great suggestion! :clap:

Okay the key to this is patience, if you don’t have patience, I suggest you don’t even bother reading this, as I can tell you now, it’s not going to work for you! Sorry to sound mean, but it’s the fact to this regimen!

So what’s the breakthrough? And how does it work? That’s what you want to know right? Well here it is!

Steam steam steam!& what I like to call EMM (ex foliate, mask & moisturize)

but before i go into the details of how to use these key components to correctly maintain healthy skin ill inform you with some background knowledge for a better understanding in how it works and how you might like to alter this for your own personal regimen!

What is steaming?

Steaming is the exposure of skin to warm, moist steam from recently boiled water, be it from your kitchen,

your bathroom, facial sauna or at a gym, but do not i repeat do not used a flannel soaked in hot water! firstly the warmth in the steam will cause your blonde vessels to dilate which then causes the opening of the oil glands and pores whilst also increasing blood circulation, the reason i do not recommend a flannel as it suffocates over this skin not allowing fresh oxygen to bypass the skin and penetrate into the skin.

The exposure to the heat produced from the steam, causes your blood vessels to dilate (expand) thus causing extractions in all areas of the skin layers, cells etc .. So this is already increasing the amount of blood being circulated! So far 1 benefit for the skin!

Due to the expansion in blood vessels and heat, your good old nasty sebaceous glands and pores expand as well to allow more oxygen into the body to cool you down, but we don’t want to be cooled down, because the longer these pores are open the better!

As the improved circulation results in the beneficial delivery of oxygen, water and essential nutrients to your skin.

So as the steam penetrates deep into the pores of your skin it makes it easier to remove these plugs later on in your regimen, ie exfoliating, facial mask or just a normal cleanser, so your end result is a deeply cleansed, re hydrated healthier glow.

But why haven’t people successfully cleared their acne with this regimen before?

There is one main factor contributing to their unsuccessful attempts!

WATER WATER WATER! Friend or enemy?

Many of us know about all the harmful stuff in natural water, as it sits in water stations made hundreds of years ago, and comes all the way to your house and out of your tap in an old rusty pipe, think about it, how old is your house? If its older then 50 I can guarantee that all the pipes are full of rust as they didn’t use stainless steel bonding agents to metal some 50 years ago, maybe you live in a new house? But how far away is your water coming from? Let me tell you know, unless it’s a street away, its filled with harmful parasites and god knows what else, I wont go into details. Maybe you have filter, filters do nothing but removes what is floating or mixed witht the water, but the harmful materials are soluble and has been dissolved into the water, an cannot be filtered. Sorry to say to all of you who think your smart because you installed a filter to your tap and consider your self healthier, the only way to remove these parasites and harmful additives is to bring the water to a complete forced boil on the stove, not in a kettle. As the kettle cuts off at boiling temperature (100 degrease Celsius) but on the stove you can force the boil to about 110 degrease without causing to much of a mess. So boil your water on a stove in a pan or or pot and when it vigorously bubbles and boils, don’t turn it off, count to 30 and only after 30 seconds of vigorous boil, everything is dead gone zill BAM! You have 100% pure water, but you cannot use this steam ur face as the harmful products are still coming off in the steam. So let it cool down, it doesn’t have to be cold, but cold/warm enough for you to stick your hand in it and be able to tolerate it. Now this is where the regimen begins!

what you will need :)

* Pre-boiled un-contaminated water

* Sink,basin ( i don't recommend bowls or pans)

* 2 Towels

* Pot/Pan & Stove

* Choice of ex-foliating scrub or normal cleanser

* moisturizer

* Facial mask (highly reccomended but can be done without a mask)

* patience.

what to do

being with boiling your water again in n the pot/pan on the stove. not a kettle. :)

just to normal boiling point, not forced boiled like in the beginning

whilst this is boiling prepare your skin or basin

so rinse it with warm water no soap to remove any germs or dust in the sink.

then put the plug in it to stop water from escaping,

when the water has boiled poor it into the sink carefully (the reason i use a sink

and recommend a sink or basin is because there fixed and unable to be nocked around

thus preventing burns and injuries)

now drape a towel over your head like a "tent"

then place your face over the steam,

for your first time i recommend 5 mins as it will be hot

and hard to breath.

your face should be covered with water and be dripping your face will appear

red and flushed

and your problem areas will look worse

now after immediately after steaming ex foliate or use your favorite cleanser

but do not scrub, use gently as ur pores are open you don't want to over do it

or damage your skin i recommend 2 minutes of gentle washing

then rinse your face with warm water (NOT COLD! it will close ur pores)

now you can do this step of skip it. apply a mask immediately as it will

reach deeper as the pores are open and blackheads and impurities are open

and able to be removed, use your mask for its recommended time usually 10mins

then wash of with warm water until your face has no more product left on it.

when your completely satisfied your skin is clean of product splash cold water

on your face for about 5 minutes as the cold will contract the pores and tighten ur skin

again, then pat your face dry with a towel, right now your face should be tight

and weird now apply a generously amount of moisturizer :)

the redness,swelling and problem areas will fade after

10 mins

and after 30 mins you will have a healthy glow

do this every second night and remember not to skip the moisturizer

as you will over dry your face and damage it!

PLEASE POST ANY QUESTIONS & ILL HAPPILY ANSWER THEM! :)

some people see improvements within a week others take 2-3!

TIPS

1. dont place your face to close to steam as it will burn

but you dont want it to far away you dont feel anything

2. never forget to moisturize

3. for maximum results use your topical benzyol peroxide after all steps

as the regimen will increase the effectiveness of the bp

4. remeber that it takes patience.

but half an hour a night is worth

the days of beautiful clear skin :)

Wow, I'm really confused about steaming.

This is what the acne.org site says:

"We know that people who live in hotter and more humid climates have more incidence of acne and more severe cases. This may be due to the skin slightly swelling in these hot temperatures, thus making it easier for follicle walls to stick together, causing a plug and an ensuing pimple. Any disruption to the skin may cause follicle wall breaks as well, which can lead to inflammation. Steam rooms and saunas approximate this type of hot and/or humid environment. You may want to limit your exposure."

So yeah, I'd really like to know if steaming is a good or bad thing.

"We know that people who live in hotter and more humid climates have more incidence of acne and more severe cases. This may be due to the skin slightly swelling in these hot temperatures, thus making it easier for follicle walls to stick together, causing a plug and an ensuing pimple. Any disruption to the skin may cause follicle wall breaks as well, which can lead to inflammation. Steam rooms and saunas approximate this type of hot and/or humid environment. You may want to limit your exposure."

See that's the insidious nature of acne. What works well for some is a nightmare for others. Yet still what works today for a person might not work anymore next week or next month. If steaming works for some, that doesn't mean it's guaranteed to work for others. But it MIGHT work. That's what makes this so frustrating because you literally have to try things to see if those suggestions work for you because every individual seems to react differently to different products. Then add into the equation the change of weather, diet, stress, hormones, I could go on and on. In another post someone mentioned they had success with using sea salt in their pot of hot water to steam with. So I think just as you have to see how your skin reacts to particular products/meds, you could see how steam works for you or see how it works for people with your similar skin type... unless you wanna take a poll here and go with whichever one gets the most votes! :) Good luck if you decide to give it a try!

"But I guess you can't really tell from just one treatment. gah it's annoying because it's hard to know what's working and what doesn't, and you don't want to waste time trialling a method that you're not so sure of."

I totally agree with you. Today I just thought it would be great if we were able to go to a place, like a weight-reduction clinic but for skin, and they would be able to pinpoint the exact cause of an individual's skin problem, then correct it without us needing to trial everything.

Also, remember to read on the steam method using sea salt. That might incorporate two things people have been finding success with into one treatment! :cool: But I think since you will continue to use your current treatment products with this method, it might just make it more like I thought it did for me, kinda like a facial. So don't worry, just observe how your skin is doing with it.

I'm pretty neutral on this issue because I've never used it for enough days in a row to critique. I occasionally use it after cleansing and before treatment products, and I think it does give a nice facial-type feeling. So let us know how you like it and gooooood luck!

oh, i think i'll stay with my neem oil. ^_^

i do feel some steam in my face while cooking and it really hurts my cheeks, i really dont like the feeling of it.

I completely agree with no mercy.

humid climates i always have troubles with, BUT I always find that saunas and steamrooms are great.

every time I sit in a steam room after lifting, I really feel like Im sweating out toxins. once I get out of the steamroom, I wash my face just with cold water then go home. I feel so clean all over my body, its undescribable. I love steamrooms

last I heard it wasn't recommended that you do anything that can get your blood circulating more

coz it'll only make the infection spots bigger and more obvious, since more blood is going to fight the infection now

but steaming on the other hand I don't know, surely everybody has something that works for them

okay sorry everyone for not responding within the past few days. ive been on holidays and let me tell you know, i read up above someone said it would suck if you were on holidays as it will through your whole regimen off! an it has i have 3 pimples an one small cyst forming! its dreadful. im thinking of ordering boiling water from room service tonight because when i get back i have a major event 3 days later.

- answers to some of your questions

- steaming might possibly heart your eyes, but seeing as i wear contacts i close my eyes

to protect my contacts and my eyes. i suggest you close your eyes. also if you sweat it wont sting your eyes

- yes humid climates experience more acne break outs from being in the constant humidity and the water in the air because it has there pores open throughout the day, so what ever is in the air or the enviorment their in, i.e dirty working enviorment or a pub with cigarettes its just more toxins for the skin.

thats why i recommend splashing the cold water after to tighten and close those pores.

- steaming your face alone does not cause infection if you do it as advised, infection occurs only if you pop, squeeze, prick or whatever you do to burst a pimple or remove a black head. the reason you shouldn't do this is because your pores are open an larger its easy for the bacteria to spread and get down further causing more breakouts, infections and inflammatory

also doing this can cause scars, so dont pick scratch or pop ur face, you would much prefer to have a big puss pimple for 1-3 days then a deep scar for life time, right?

- also steaming is a good thing, to whoever think it may be harmful or non effective

just Google it, "steaming ancient remedies" i wont bombard you with information and have hypocrites accuse me of false statements. find the info its easy as done in 2 mins.

* Ancient indians belived that steaming of the entire body would remove and cure any illness and used this frequently when any one because ill, this is proved by modern science and studies because it removes the toxins from the skin, and improving blood circulation etc etc read google.

:)

you can use oils as different oils have different effects on skin :)

here are some commonly used one's

more can be found on google.

Oils for oily skin:

Oil of Fennel, Rosemary, Lemon

Normal skin:

Lavender oil, Lemon oil

Dry, sensitive skin:

Oil of Chamomile, Lavender oil

Mature and skin damaged by the Sun:

Lemon oil, Oil of Patchouli

Acne prone or inflamed skin:

Tea tree oil, Lavender oil, Chamomile oil, and Eucalyptus oil

i recommend every one steam for 1 week and tell me if you see a difference :)

might not be 100% but it will improve over time :)

let me know your results

I've been steaming my face for the past few days and it does seem to help, or at the very least, give my skin a nice glow.

I have noticed a reduction in redness and acne.

I rub my face with jojoba oil prior to steaming so that it gets into my pores.

Seems to work well! I'll let you know how it works out!

I tried this one regimen where you mix olive oil and castor oil together, apply it to your face, steam your face for a few minutes, wipe off the mix, rinse face with cold water. It makes your face look/feel amazing though it's still a tad bit oily afterwards, but it's not bad oil. However, doing this alone won't get rid of your acne.

Be careful with the steam, a couple of girlfriends as well as myself, have broken capillaries (they are veins raised to the skin Sufis) from using just steam, now we have to use mineral cover up on them, not so good if you over do it.