Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maybe Someday

Back To Nature?

I went to a doctor for Birth Control about a month ago, and he gave them to me. And he also prescribed Clindoxyl. I have to say it, even though I've said it before, BP really scares the living shit out of me. It really does. I tried it for about three days and chickened out on it. Yes, I got the rash side-effect... I got a rash on my jaw, that you couldn't see, but that itched really bad. DX

Now I feel backed up against a wall. It's the only prescribed medication I have, and feel it's my only hope if I want clear skin THIS year. It's all or nothing now... I just hope no one is too hard on me for using a product with BP when I said BP sucked. I'm scared of how my skin will react.

Day 1 (official)

I've decided to make this Day 1, because I used the product yesterday and it's not you can actually see anythng happening the night you use it... Yesterday should have been Day 0 I guess... O_O

Yeah... I didn't have a cleanser, so I just gently passed water on my face. I might not even bother cleansing in the morning, as long as I do it at night. I'm going to have to go to the store later...

Results: yeah, yeah, I know it's only the first day but this is what I've observed: One skin colored bump has shrunk. One has grown. A very annoying bump has disappeared. One formely dried-out zit seems to be filled with a bit of liquid on my forehead, it sort of hurts. X_X My skin hasn't reacted badly to the BP yet, which is nice... I still don't know weither I want to use Keri to moisturise or my Sweet Almond Oil... Advice?

I think the reason my skin was peeling off so much last time was because I kept using Tea Tree. My skin reacts well to Tea Tree, I can even use 100% concentration with no downfall... But maybe I shouldn't use it with Clindoxyl...? I'll try it like that. This gives me a little hope. I might try the aspirin mask later this afternoon. If my skin starts peeling though, it'll be the last time for a while...

Yay! I finally bought a cleanser and a moisturizer! I put it in my Signature~ I already had a moisturizer, but I wanted it to match my cleanser... Lol... The moisturizer feels really nice... I'll update tonight when I use the cleanser. I feel so good about this! ^_^

Now I just need to find a good way to take off makeup without a toner...

EDIT: I used the cleanser at around 4 PM because I just couldn't wait for evening. As a result, I decided to not cleanse before using my Clindoxyl. I took a shower not long ago, so i took it as clean enough. =P I'm going to put my moisturizer on soon~

Day 2: Yay! My mild acne is already starting to fade. ^_^ It's working WAY better this time without the extra drying affects of Tea Tree oil and that Acne-Aid soap that the doctor gave me by saying "it'll make it EVEN better," my ass. None of my acne is really "gone" (maybe a couple spots that I didn't notice too much disappeared, similar to the ones yesterday). But the "bigger" acne I had is starting to fade, which is nice... I was thinking of not using my cleanser in the morning, but I actually might try today... I'm thinking it'll strip some of the dead skins off, then I'll moisturize with my Aveeno~ My flaking is really not so bad.

Hmmm, the cleanser seems to make my acne "tender" if that makes sense. O_O I'm not that worried, it happened with the last cleanser I had too. I kind of think it's necessary to cleanse in the morning, the clindoxyl leaves a thin strip of "Something" on my skin in the morning. I think it's better to not leave it sitting there all day... Anyway, my skin feels soft.

Night 2: The zits on my forehead still look tender... Hmm, I think this is making makeup look suckish on me, too. D: I know I'm updating a little too much for nothing, but I'm still not sure if my skin will take the BP... Or maybe it's because I'm going to be hitting the 3 Day mark tomorrow and that's how many days it took me to quit one month ago when I first tried it. I just hope my skin stays stable or gets better this week. I wouldn't be able to stand a breakout this early on... ;__;

I'm going to apply the medicine in a couple moments, I'll try to be gentle...

EDIT: I did and it buuuuuuuuuurned. I put on the moisturizer and it still buuuuuuuuuuurned. I just hope my skin will look alright tomorrow. It was burning last night too, but my skin looked fine in the morning... :D It's actually keeping me up at night, though...

There is a way that you might be able to gradually get your skin used to the BP. My acne clinic has all their clients do this when the first start using BP. For the first 3 nights, you leave the BP on for 15 then wash it off and do the rest of your evening skin care regimen. The next 3 nights, same thing but leave it on for 30 min; next 3-4 night leave it on for a hour, then the next few nights leave it on for 2 hrs. It should take about 2 weeks to work up to leaving it on all night. My skin was able to get adapted to 10% BP using this method. It really works great!

Thank you. ;___; I'd rather use it as my doctor precribed, but if I see that my skin really can't handle it, then I'll do it... I've had the medication on for about 40 minutes now and the burning is less bad...

After about an hour, the stuff doesn't seem to hurt as much anymore (basing it on previous nights). But every now and then, I feel it burns on certain areas... Pretty much only my cheeks and sometimes the bottom of my chin burns a little every now and then... It feels like a sunburn. O_O

Day 3: My skin still ins't really flaking too much, definetely not peeling at all. The blemishes on my forehead don't seem that different from yesterday, but the ones on my cheeks look better. Which is nice, since that's the part of my face that always burns the most when I apply Clindoxyl. My face was a little red last night, but it's seems like the tone is much more even today. My third day experience is a lot different than it was a month ago, my skin isn't bumpy like I remember it being. I really think the cause of the aggravation was the mix of Tea Tree, Acne-Aid Soap and the BP in Clindoxyl, it was just too much. X_x My skin fairs quite well with BP, I've come to notice, as long as that's the only harsh thing I use. I guess it makes sense if you consider that my skin can also handle pure Tea Tree aslong as it's also the only harsh thing...

A part from that, there are little (barely visible) skin colored bumps on my jaw line area. They were there before, but they kind of ich now. X_x Owie-ie...

EDIT: Yeah, I definetely have more bumps on my jawline now. The bumps rarely ever turn into zits, but I'm still scared. My cheeks look nicer, though. O_O My forehead did get a little worse on Day 1, but it's starting to get better now... Purging? Ummm... =/

Day 4: My cheeks are healing up nice. Still no more flakes than yesterday, so very little. There's another zit that seems to be coming to a head, there's one that already is (but I just don't know, am I supposed to take it off???). I have a lot of tiny bumps on my jawline. :( They scare me a bit... I also feel a little bump on my nose (which is pretty much the clearest part of my face), I just hope the little bumps wont turn into big bumps... This always seems to happen with me, one part gets better but a couple parts get worse. I won't give up though... :(

Day 5: My cheeks look almost clear now, even the little persistent skin colored bumps are going away. My forehead is also better. The active spots are all dried out now, but I don't know weither I should let them flake off... I think I'll wait for a couple more days. My skin isn't any more flaky than on Day 1. Well, maybe except for my upper nose area...

Downs: I have a little bump on my lip, and a small clear bump on my nose. I'm not sure about my lip, but my nose will definetely see a nice little zit in a couple days... D: I guess my results are mixed, I can see two new spots forming on my cheeks, but I don't know if those will "erupt" or if that's as bad as they're going to get... But I need to give it more time, I guess...

P.S. I'm sticking to washing my face with nothing but water in the morning. Less irritation the better, right? I think I'm also going to stop wearing makeup... I think it's causing the "breakout". O_O I thought maybe it was the Aveeno moisturizer, but why would it do that? Anyway, I don't think I look good with makeup at my school under those fluorescent lights. Anyone else notice how much those lights suck? D:

Day 6: Nothing really new to report. A little dryer, but that's because I overwashed MAJORILY yesterday, because my makeup looked like crap and I kept reapplying it. :blink:

The bump, or should I say two bumps on my nose scare me a little... They're barely visible NOW, but I'm afraid of what they'll turn into. ^_^;; That's about it for now. I have a three day weekend coming up, so that should be fun...

Day 7: OH NO!!! Lol, just kidding. ;P

Actually, nothing new has happened... I tried taking off the blemish that had dried up, because I thought it was ready to flake off, but it started bleeding. @[email protected] But anyway, it's okay now, just a little red dot. Other than that, flakiness has gone up a LOT. I overwashed my face a couple days ago, and it's only now recovering... I'll keep things updated, but I don't think things will change much for maybe a couple more weeks...

I have to be happy with something though: this is the LONGEST time I've ever stuck to a Regiment! :D Well, it's true that this is only my second Regiment (if we don't count the Clindoxyl I quit a month ago). I'm pretty proud just for that. ^_^

Evening 7: Blah, my complexion looks so uneven... And I also have more skin colored bumps than before I started and I don't know if it's because of the makeup or the medication. The bumps and the uneveness didn't come all at once, but I've only noticed it today. My cheeks are also doing a little worse, my forehead is doing a tiiiiiiny bit better.

I guess I have to keep holding on. But it's deppressing. D:

Day 8: I don't really know what to say... My nose is much worse than when I started, even if it's only skin colored bumps. D: The flakiness... Uhh, well, it's gone done around the chin and mouth. But now it's more of light flaking EVERYWHERE on my face. Easily controlled with moisturizer.

Day 9: It seems my skin gets worse with eveness and those annoying skin-colored bumps every day. There's also two inflammed zits on my cheek, one of which is thick... Is that a cyst?! I hope not, I've never had one before... ;__; It's not big, but it feels like a red ball that's half-stuck in my skin or something... Scary. Is this normal for the first week of Clindoxyl? Does it get better from here? Help... XP

Day 11: Nothing too new to report. Flakiness is giving me a lot of trouble now... It seems that the Clindoxyl makes my face more and more sensitive every day. I went back to my Keri lotion, because Aveeno took away my "glow" (sort of, "glow"). I don't use a cleanser anymore, just wash my face with hot-ish water before applying medication. In the hopes to stop flakiness! I'm so surprised that I've stuck to this so far... The reason is sort of dumb: when I go back to my doctor in a month (the one who gave me the Birth Control pills and Clindoxyl) for more BC, I want him to see that I tried. Even if my acne becomes worse, he can't saw that I'm to blame for it. :D

Day 12: The two skin-colored bumps on my forehead are coming to a head. Now they just look like regular pustules, so hopefully the healing will be faster from here on out. It makes them look worse for now, but I'm just glad they're finally reacting. One of the zits on my cheeks is also doing the same thing, but slooooooooower...

Day 14: ... The flakiness has died down once again, it's like a rollercoaster! The blemishes (noticed how that's just a pretty word for ZIT?) I have on my cheeks SEEM less inflammed and are definetely a little smaller (they're a little resistant). The ones on my forehead are making progress, and my jaw-line is less ichy and bumpy (finally...!). The flakiest part of my face is now my upper forehead... So far so good, two weeks in.

Lol, it might be a weird comparaison: but I almost feel I'm driving a ship and I don't know if I'm going to crash into something. :D The sea looks clear so far, but I have no idea what's below the surface.

Day 15: my skin texture is evening out. Pretty much the way it was before starting, except with less skin-colored bumps. My face is a little red in some areas though... -Shrugs- I'm liking this product so far, and tip my hat to my doctor. For now. Don't want to be too optimistic. The bumps on my forehead are popped. I decided to pop them with a needle because the pus has been sitting there for awhile and wasn't making much progress... Nothing disastrous came from popping them, but my forehead is red. Owie... I put alcohol on it afterwards and Tea Tree Oil. I didn't put too much, because Clindoxyl + Tea Tree = major flaking. But it went okay. My cheeks are also doing better... Sloooooooowly... But surely. ;P The flaking is doing much better since I've replaced my cleanser by simple hot water. I do have to note that now that I have my period, a tiny pustule formed on my nose.

Day 19: Wow, it's really been that long? I do have a comment about the quality of this product: it works well, but I HATE the thin film the medication leaves behind. It flakes off as I sleep and it's icky and rubbery... Uhh. Anyway, things are still looking good. The bumps on my cheeks are almost gone, and on my forehead too. My forehead has lots of red marks though, so does my chin (well, only two, but they've been there for months...).

Day 20: Wah, I got my graduation photos from my school today... I hate that I can see my acne on the photo. DX They didn't edit it at all... *Cries* It makes me wish I had used this product sooner, my face looks so much better than it did then...

I take back the bad stuff I said about BP. It's been a big help (I'm sure the clindamycin in Clindoxyl helped a lot too, though...), and my skin isn't as sensitive to it than I was worried it was going to be. I love you, BP. XP

Day 30: Running looooooooow on Clidoxyl. D: I'm going to have to get a refill or something. I also ran out of Keri, so now I'm using Complex 15. It's really really good... It stings very little, it's not thick at all, it has no fragrance. Actually it's better than Keri. I've been using it for a a week without any problems. I might switch to Eucerin during March break, but that's pending. Complex 15 doesn't moisturize AS well as I'd like sometimes. It's still pretty effin good though. Not really any new acne. By not really I mean... Well, there's this weird thing that appeared on the top part of my nose. It looked like a scratch, but it's going away now...

Day 34: My forehead acne keep coming and going... it's frustrating. I also have a new one on my chin, which to me, is even worse.

It just reveals to me that when I stop, it will all come back...

Day 35: I've decided to add something new to my regimen: The Oil Cleansing Method. I'm using it as a long term thing for when I stop Clindoxyl. But the thing is, I don't want to only start when I stop Clindoxyl, because I don't want my skin to react suddenly. If I do a long term beneficial natural thing then maybe my skin won't erupt when I come off Clindoxyl... And I'll try to stop gradually the Clindoxyl. So I'm now doing the OCM with Castor Oil and Extra-Virgin Olive Oil in the morning and before putting on Clindoxyl. I did it yesterday, and it went well. I've stopped using moisturizer, I don't need it with Olive Oil. :D I used to have to apply moisturizer before and after Clindoxyl. But with doing the OCM before Clindoxyl, my face doesn't get dry so I don't need further moisture. Nothing really new to report with the OCM, just started...

Day 36: I've decided to switch from Extra-Virgin Olive Oil to Sweet Almond Oil... It's on the same comedogenic scale as Olive Oil, and it feel lighter... It smells better too. Anyway, I don't know if I'll go with Jojoba Oil eventually... If Sweet Almond works, I don't really need to. I'll just wait and see... I also noticed that when I put Extra-Virgin Olive Oil on my skin, my eyes and my nose get red and blotchy. Castor Oil doesn't seem to be the cause, because I put some on a little while after without Olive Oil and everything seemed okay. Almond Oil doesn't seem to irritate my skin either.