Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrznKing

Does SPF really protect against future aging?

I use an Aveeno Daily Moisturizer and it's great. Leaves my skin perfect but the only bad thing is that it has no SPF. All other moisturizers Ive tried don't moisturize enough or leave my skin greasy.

Should I still search on for an SPF one or is SPF protection overrated? Summer I understand but I'm talking about sunlight in spring or winter weather.

I use an Aveeno Daily Moisturizer and it's great. Leaves my skin perfect but the only bad thing is that it has no SPF. All other moisturizers Ive tried don't moisturize enough or leave my skin greasy.

Should I still search on for an SPF one or is SPF protection overrated? Summer I understand but I'm talking about sunlight in spring or winter weather.

since you've just finished tane i would definetly use a moisturizer with spf. it will protect your skin from the sun and will offer moisturization depending on where you live. if you want to stick with aveeno i know they have a wide range of products. you may want to go to drugstore.com and check out your options.

Yeah Aveeno I like best. So I guess I really need SPF lol. Is 15 good enough for 5-6 hours in the sunlight? Fall/Spring time weather.

Unfortunately, you're always at the mercy of UV rays, even on cloudy days. I suppose SPF 15 is okay for every day during the fall through spring seasons, especially if you don't go out often. But SPF 15 is weak and wears off easily after a couple hours so it's not really much of a help when you really need it to work. It's best to apply sunblock a few minutes before leaving the house. I have an SPF 30 sunscreen and I plan to use that again in late spring and summer.

Ok...So I should buy a good moisturizer with SPF 15 for now but when summer comes SPF 30 :)

I have a sunblock that's SPF 30. When I apply that, should I still apply a moisturizer? Or should I get a moisturizer that has both...(moisturizer and SPF)