Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

What about SUSHI?

I always wonder about sushi.... I LOVE it... and it's good on a gluten free diet... but what do you guys think of it? Good?? I think I am going fo sushi for lunch today....

Hmmm... I went for sushi with this new guy I'm dating and I order tuna with brown rice and a ginger salad and miso soup. Well the dumb waiter brought me white rice instead of brown and I didn't wanna look too picky so I just ate it sparingly. I also used the soy sauce. I think it didn't go over so well for me because I now have a ton of bumps all over my chin and jawline.

Maybe too much salt? It was either that or the long island ice tea I had the night before. I don't know, try it and see what happens!

Sorry if this post sounds like mumbo jumbo, I am still trying to figure out with triggers my skin.

Hmmm... I went for sushi with this new guy I'm dating and I order tuna with brown rice and a ginger salad and miso soup. Well the dumb waiter brought me white rice instead of brown and I didn't wanna look too picky so I just ate it sparingly. I also used the soy sauce. I think it didn't go over so well for me because I now have a ton of bumps all over my chin and jawline.

Maybe too much salt? It was either that or the long island ice tea I had the night before. I don't know, try it and see what happens!

Sorry if this post sounds like mumbo jumbo, I am still trying to figure out with triggers my skin.

The sushi rice contains a lot of sugar (they actually add white sugar and vinegar to it), and so do the Japanese salads. those of you who avoid iodine should avoid sushi since the kelp contains a lot of it. my bf loves sushi we used to go like once a month to a sushi restaurant, it has one of those turning tables, and you can pick what you want to eat. somehow I don´t feel like eating ONLY raw fish and other seafood, altough it´s tasty... also, they put too much salt on it, I spoke to a Japanese girl that was studying spanish here and she said the food is waaaay too salty, too oily, too cooked and just too much for anyone to be healthy. since the restaurant is owned by the Chinese maffia they make it differently than the Japanese.. (I live in Spain)

Ewwww they add sugar??? grosss... I am going to starve today!!! there is nothing I can eat at my work that will be gluten free!!! I'm screwed :( do you really think sushi one time is going to be that bad?? Ugh I hate restaraunts and their stupid little unhealthy short cuts.... bunch of bastards... makes me mad.

WEll I just ate about 6 california rolls and a hard boiled egg and a salad with balsalmic vinegar and canola oil... (the only good things I could find in my building cause I didnt bring my lunch today).... I am nervous abotu breaking out now :(.... but I was hungry!!! Damnit!!

WEll I just ate about 6 california rolls and a hard boiled egg and a salad with balsalmic vinegar and canola oil... (the only good things I could find in my building cause I didnt bring my lunch today).... I am nervous abotu breaking out now :(.... but I was hungry!!! Damnit!!

Haha there are just some foods I refuse to give up....Sushi is one of them. I eat chinese/japanese like theres no tomorrow and sadly if thats whats causing my acne...well then bring it on, haha.

It does contain a lot of iodine - due to the seaweed, fish and soy sauce. I love sushi, but I don't eat it anymore because of the high iodine content. Its just not worth risking a breakout for me!

I'm not really into Chinese/Japanese food.. But I do love me some lemon chicken and chaming (sp?)..

I'm not really into Chinese/Japanese food.. But I do love me some lemon chicken and chaming (sp?)..

Well, I'm not a fan either. I just have some rolls like once a month or even less. The only thing that bothers me is rice in them. I kinda following a low carb diet :cool:

Lemon chicken?? Hmmm.. never tried that one before :)

Sweet chicken is definately not for my :) I like spicy, but I quit spicy foods long time ago (stomach problems..) A can't stand how mexican bread smells (corn stuff or whatever :sick: )

It does contain a lot of iodine - due to the seaweed, fish and soy sauce. I love sushi, but I don't eat it anymore because of the high iodine content. Its just not worth risking a breakout for me!

Sushi used to be my favorite food. I even learned to make it at home. I really don't care for it that much now. Cooked salmon or a steak sound more appetizing to me. :)

Anyway you can just use soy sauce and wasabi in other recipes - that's where the flavor comes from.

For example fried salmon with wasabi and soy sauce is really nice.

Or you can make a sallad with cucumber, avocado, salmon(cooked or raw), shrimp, crayfish tails or crab meat, honeydew melon and a little lemon. Then use soy mixed with wasabi as a dressing. This is just off the top of my head but you get the idea.

It should be noted that soy sauce alone can be a problematic food, especially since it can contain gluten!

I'm not a big sushi fan, but I think it can be healthy for you if you consume it in moderation. There are literally hundreds of sushi dishes that exist in the world, and tons of them don't have to be made with refined white rice, sugar, etc.

Try some sashimi :) .

PS: Wasabi in a tube is the work of the devil.