Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

there was 2 big pimples on my left and right cheek and i just couldnt help to pick them :(

i knew it was bad but i hated that i had that big two zits on my face and now that i'm done picking them i feel very bad, it looks as its worse than before

how do u guys not pick ur zits? dont u get the urge to pick it hoping it'll go away?

to me it feels like if i pick it it'll go away, it kinda does but it messes up my face and it looks all red n stuff

wow i can so related. The big problem is sometimes picking or popping pimples do help. However this is my rule. I feel the zit and gently press against the sides if it does not give and nothing is coming out are about to I stop because I figure its not ready yet. I know this bad but I can not help it so i figure that is one way to satisfy my urge to pick without doing as much damage

I pick mine all the time. I personally think you should pop a big inflamed zit, as long as you do it right. Just make sure you do it when it's ready. And if you look at your face all the time, you'll definitely think it's worse than it really is.

Well, I think it's the sense of relief that you get when you pop a zit. When a zit is on your face, it makes you feel anxious because of how it looks. When you pop it, you feel relieved because you are purging yourself of this hideous thing. And sometimes when you do so, the lesion becomes smaller and the white pus is gone, improving its appearance. So the short term gratification motivates you, even though in the long run it might be the cause of scarring. This instant gratification also makes us want to try our luck with those 'untouchable' zits, which end with horrible results.

I have the urge for popping zits too. Most of the time i try to lightly squeeze those 'mature' zits. If they won't budge I will force myself to stop. If I feel like I have to do something about, I spot treat them with a little medication. However the best thing is not to do anything to it. I have enough years of acne to train my discipline in this matter.. Haha.

Peteyboy is right, discipline is key - drive yourself to leave your face well alone.

Make up helps, even for males! Rather than focus on purging yourself focus on covering the spot. Its going to be easier to cover when un-assaulted thats for sure.

I dont think there is a problem with getting rid of large inflamed pimples. I always pick at mine, but only when i know i can. I just rub the area with warm water to ease the skin and soften it. Then i just ease out the pus, when its gone i put some vaseline on it, for me the vaseline helps ease the redness.

See, this is what I have never understood. I pick at my fingers, bite my lips and bite the skin off my lips... But I don't pick at my zits, I think it's sooooooooooo painful. X_x It really hurts so much for me. So I just don't do it.

when i have a zit that im trying not to pick at i put queene helene's mint julepe mask on it.

it's bright green and covers it completely. ..and not to mention i always feel like it's drying it right up.

this helps me soo much because if i mess with it, i have to keep reapplying the cream, and also the green kinda helps cover it up, so if i DO look in the mirror i dont see the zit and get so tempted.

btw, the mask is only about 3 dollars at walgreens or your local drugstore.

good luck :)

Spot treating MAY help. I am not very sure about this. I think it's more of a psychological thing. Nothing feels worse than being helpless, and most of the time it is this helplessness that compels people to do something, even silly things.

Spot treating may not help, but it's not as bad as picking nor squeezing, and it relieves the anxiety from not being able to do anything.