Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaLa2006

trying the regimen 1 more time!

Okay..I tried this regimen like.. a year and a half ago I want to say?? I was on it for a lil more than 2 months..but I wasnt seeing GREAT results and my skin was SOO dry! It was weird b/c I have been using 10%BP since I was in middle school! And I started the regimen my senior year of high school I do believe? I dont member exactly. But anyway! I still have a lot of the cleanser from that long ago..is it still okay to use?? I just bought BP off the site a month ago so thats okay..and I got the moisturizer at the same time. The reason I am thinking about trying the regimen again is b/c I am going to add AHA to the regimen. [i think it was Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion I heard good reviews about]. SInce my skin was soo flaky and dry when doing the regimen, i am hoping the AHA will help w/ that. [yes i tried jojoba oil..broke me out bad!]

Is there anyone on this regimen that also uses AHA w/ it?? Thank you!! = ]

EDIT: while i was on the regimen i was not exfoliating..i think that was the problem!

honestly, maybe part of the problem is the soap. i used dans soap for a month and it dried me out SOOOO BAD. once i started using cetaphil antibacterial bar soap it was much better....

the key thing to a succesful regimen is the irritation part. good luck, and drop that soap

Hmmm.. alrighty. I thikn I am going to buy that AHA on drugstore.com. I am also thinking about getting some Omega 3 [?] vitamin pill stuff..and zinc [?]. I think those were the 2 things that Dan said could help [on the acne.org site]. I am not for sure though. Of course I will check it out before I buy it!

Idk what cleanser I am going to use. I have sooo many! haha. It seems like no matter what cleanser I use it dries my face up like crazy.

i had that problem with cleansers too.... i now use a cleansing oil that doesn't dry my face out and a hydrating cleanser from mac. other soaps that didn't dry me out were kiss my face olive oil soap, zum bar goat's milk soap, and cetaphil gentle cleanser. everything else i've tried has dried me out, even dan's soap. kiss my face and zum were pretty good at removing make-up but cetaphil sucks.