Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
resistanceisfutile

40 mg a day. 1.5 months in, still breakouts , help!

I've been taking accutane for 1.5 months and i had my IB in the first month then it started clearing up good, now its crap again and only chin is extremely red, not the rest of my face, plus i keep getting those little red pimples around my cheeks which is annoying too because i can't shave (cuz i don't want to infect or annoy the acne), anyone else having the same types of problems, please help because i just don't want to go out or see anyone due to the condition of my skin :(

I've been taking accutane for 1.5 months and i had my IB in the first month then it started clearing up good, now its crap again and only chin is extremely red, not the rest of my face, plus i keep getting those little red pimples around my cheeks which is annoying too because i can't shave (cuz i don't want to infect or annoy the acne), anyone else having the same types of problems, please help because i just don't want to go out or see anyone due to the condition of my skin :(

Give it time. You'll be A-OK.

Don't go scaring people! I wouldn't even worry then...your treatment will be for at least 4 months presumably, and many people don't stop breaking out until the end, or even after finishing :)

I'm on 40mg per day and things are slowly starting to look up but nothing happened fast. Patience is the key with this drug it would seem.