Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erin25

If diet is the problem, why is my fast food eating brother clear?

I'd like to believe that a polluted liver is the reason I am getting acne. I am very close to doing a liver cleanse this weekend. However, I can not ignore the fact that many very unhealthy people that I know, who eat junk every day, have crystal clear skin. Yes, they are obese but they do not have acne.

if it was a choice between being obese and having acne which would you choose? What kind of fast food are they eating? Is it mostly burgers and burritos, or is it mostly shakes and brownies?

Some people eat a lot of sugar and don't get diabetes, does this mean that diet has no effect on diabetes?

I believe it's because they aren't genetically inclined to develop acne - just as some can eat unhealthy diets and not develop heart disease. Unfortunately, you are prone to acne, so you have to be extra cautious in how you treat your body, just as those who are easily prone to gain weight must watch their food intake. I know people who have seriously "tried" to gain weight by eating lots of fast food, and they were still as skinny as a bean pole. Not everyone can eat like that and stay thin - genetics plays a large role. Another example would be someone who spent much time in the sun during their lives but ended up with beautiful skin in their old age - it had nothing to do with the sun and all to do with good genes (and other factors too of course, like diet and skin care). I hope that makes sense? :)

Don't worry though, being prone to acne doesn't have to be a problem once you learn to control it. For some, it might be something as simple as adding more fruits, vegetables and greens to their diets and cutting back on dairy, fried foods and processed junk. I don't know what your situation is, but I hope things start to fall in place for you soon. :)

I believe it's because they aren't genetically inclined to develop acne - just as some can eat unhealthy diets and not develop heart disease. Unfortunately, you are prone to acne, so you have to be extra cautious in how you treat your body, just as those who are easily prone to gain weight must watch their food intake. I know people who have seriously "tried" to gain weight by eating lots of fast food, and they were still as skinny as a bean pole. Not everyone can eat like that and stay thin - genetics plays a large role. Another example would be someone who spent much time in the sun during their lives but ended up with beautiful skin in their old age - it had nothing to do with the sun and all to do with good genes (and other factors too of course, like diet and skin care). I hope that makes sense? :)

Don't worry though, being prone to acne doesn't have to be a problem once you learn to control it. For some, it might be something as simple as adding more fruits, vegetables and greens to their diets and cutting back on dairy, fried foods and processed junk. I don't know what your situation is, but I hope things start to fall in place for you soon. :)

Same thing for people who drink and smoke till the day they die - at the ripe old age of 105, lol. There always anomalies. There's just something we don't know, I guess.

Yeah that's true and sorta makes me feel better. I know I can eat whatever I want and not gain weight, I wish it could be true for not getting acne.

Diabetes runs in my family, so I am more inclined to be affected by consuming sugar. It seems that I get acne when I eat sugar. Maybe that is my bodies way of warning me :think:

Poor diet doesnt cause acne directly. Acne is a sympton of the damage a poor diet does to the body, people get different symptons.

My brother doesn't, I do.

My brother doesn't have hormonal imbalances/problems, I do.

Everybody's body is different.

Maybe he does have hormone imbalances, but the hormone receptors in your skin are over-sensitive and his are not. I think that's the genetic aspect which give us acne. The smallest imbalances give us acne.

diet makes acne worst only for people who has acne-prone skin....

junk food is not the cause of acne but it may aggravate and increase flare-ups for people who struggle with acne...

at least its what i think......

I'd like to believe that a polluted liver is the reason I am getting acne. I am very close to doing a liver cleanse this weekend. However, I can not ignore the fact that many very unhealthy people that I know, who eat junk every day, have crystal clear skin. Yes, they are obese but they do not have acne.

As a lot of people have said, some people are just more genetically prone to acne. It's kind of the same as some people eating whatever they want and not gaining a pound while someone else really has to watch what they eat in order to maintain their weight.

Ah, the wonders of genetics.

Same thing for people who drink and smoke till the day they die - at the ripe old age of 105, lol. There always anomalies. There's just something we don't know, I guess.

ive read about some recent studies made by scientist in the year 2004 that the P. bacteria

which is causing acne are capable of contaminating our genes with their genes and

scientists in the past were wrong about those genes being part of human genome.

IN MY OPINION (NOT A FACT), that is probably a strong reason why acne runs in a family.

there's this thing about dorminant genetic traits(genes that have a higher chance of being

expressed) and recessive genetic traits (genes that have lower chance of being expressed).

i have a feeling that hormones play a huge role in switching that contaminated genome

betw dorminant and recessive. hence explaining why certain people only have acne for a

period of time and naturally stop having them at a certain age. chances are, the p.bacteria

genome stays in our body but does not cause any further acne growth because our

hormones have stabilized and switched it back to being recessive. however, this

contaminated genome get passed down to our offsprings.

diet does not directly affect the formation of acne but it does fluctuate our hormones,

probably another reason why people see postitive results after eating more healthily.

if this is the true reason, im sure scientists are able to come up with some solution that can

hinder that switch just like they are able to slow down infection of HIV virus.

until then, i strongly believe we should eat healthily if we are concern about getting scars. if

not, staying healthy isnt that bad an idea after all!

anyways, to all readers that read the above 'non-factual-most-probably-could-be-crap' opinion, thanks for

your kind patience! =D i just wanted to voice my opinion.

But how old is your brother? Is he the same age you were when you were breaking out?

Like loser666 said, 'diet makes acne worst only for people who has acne-prone skin.' And those with acne-prone skin genetically start getting acne when they hit puberty. I'm assuming your brother is really young...

I don't know but my big sister is 20 and she eats anything ;/

she doesn't use any Cream!! she use nothing for her acne.

and i have it worse then her ;/

and i did avoid many foods ! now i drink sodas sometime! not everyday like before..

and never got worse actually i avoided sugars still same...

I really wanna try and see what's giving me break out

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to break out if i eat something that will gimme break out

cause i wanna know whats giving me acne. so i can avoid for good!!!!! i dislike acne!!!

red mark stays for very long :(