Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

EM..... I still dont get how to apply...........

I ordered everyday minerals online and they came in the little sample jars.... I still dont get how I can apply this stuff!! It's messy and I cant control it properly... I really like suing my fingers to apply foudation and I dont think I can do that with this stuff. I know I should use a brush but I feel like I dont have enough control.... How do you get the hang of it??? Hahahhaha...

You just reminded me of how much I used to hate makeup brushes! lol

Well, there are a few diff kinds you can use.

If I use liquid foundation under my EM foundation/powder/whatever I use a big ol' fluffy powder brush so that I don't wipe off the foundation.

If I wear just the EM foundation I use either a foundation brush or a kabuki brush. Both of them are dense brushes so you will see the makeup going on as you apply it and it's more like using your fingers, I suppose. Foundation brushes are pretty small so it may take a while and, just a little FYI, they give better coverage than a powder brush.

But yeah, I think it's just something you have to get used to!

One more note, if you use the brushes, dip them in the powder and then tap off the excess. (I use the lid so that I can use it later on.)

Hope that helps

It's almost impossible using those little sample jars.

I used a Dixie cup. Kitchen sized, actually. I put some of the powder in it, then swirled the brush around and tapped if off while just raised slightly. Saved quite a bit of the powder that way. Whe I was done, I bent the cup and poured the left-over powder back into the sample jar.

The next time you order, buy 2 or 3 mixing jars. I think they're only $2 each and nice to have on hand.

I ordered everyday minerals online and they came in the little sample jars.... I still dont get how I can apply this stuff!! It's messy and I cant control it properly... I really like suing my fingers to apply foudation and I dont think I can do that with this stuff. I know I should use a brush but I feel like I dont have enough control.... How do you get the hang of it??? Hahahhaha...

i know what you mean...those jars are so tiny. i ordered the sample kit as well. i have a pf pressed compact and i use the top cover of it to swirl the em minerals. you could even order yourself the mixing jars...i think they're 5 bucks on the website. i use my kabuki brush or jane iredale handy brush. once i have a nice amount on it, i slowly apply it to one side of my face and make my way to the second half. i use slow circling motions until i have the coverage i want. sometimes i do it 2x depending on what kind of skin day i'm having. if i can still see my red marks i add a bit of concealer and then lightly blend with my brush.

unfortunately, you're right...... you can't use your fingers to apply mineral make-up. well, i should correct myself - jai makes a tinted moisturizer by mixing her minerals with her moisturizer, and you could apply that with your fingers. ;)

anyway, you'll have to use a brush or sponge to apply em. and yes, those sample jars are a pain in the ass, so i would suggest dispensing your foundation onto something with a larger surface area to swirl into the brush.

Someone here awhile back suggested using a hand mirror. Just pour what you need out onto the mirror, and now you have a surface to swirl your brush in. Then when you're done you can easily rinse it off. Other people have found foil to work well too. You could try a washed plastic lid left over from a container (like sour cream or something, haha). I sometimes put a hand towel over the counter when I do my makeup, to keep my bathroom clean.

A densely packed kabuki or flat top brush is going to given you the best coverage and the most even application. Some people use a flocked sponge too. A big, fluffy powder brush will not give you control and you'll waste product. The right tools make all the difference. You might like a kabuki as they have short handles which might make you feel like you have a better grip.

You want to "swirl" your brush in a small amount of minerals, then "tap" off excess so there is a visible layer of powder left, but not a lot. I tap my brush straight down, as that seems to even out the layer of powder. Then "buff" it over your face, which is small circular motions with slight pressure. Repeat that until you get the coverage you want. Then take a small concealer brush (eye shadow brushes usually work too, or a q-tip might be okay if you don't have a small brush), and dip it in concealer and twist it over spots (basically "buffing" it right over areas that need extra coverage). I usually dampen my concealer brush with water too.

Hope that helps some. Keep practicing. It gets easier the more you do it.