Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guitar Man

Retin A and scars

So i've recently finished accutane a few days ago and I was thinking of getting Retin-A for some maintenence, of course i'll have to wait 2 months or so until accutane takes its last circumitive effect.

I've still got alot of black heads on my nose and a few clogged bumps/pores on my face that accutane fogot to get rid of and heard that retin-a works wonders for them. Is it really effective?

Also, i've been left with moderate-faily severe scarring after my harsh acne which left my skin with holes and an uneven texture.. and Retin-A supposebly help reduces it alot?? How effective is the scar healing on retin-A??

:D Thanks

Retin A can make a nice difference in scarring. You'll see max effects in about a year. You will see interim, beginning effects within the first three months.

Retin A can help with clogged pores, but the gel or liquid is better than the cream. The cream can be comedogenic for some. Others report loving mandelic acid. I myself do like mandelic acid, but have not tried it for longer than the sample size lasted. It's tempting, though. :) I don't believe that mandelic acid changes the skin structure, but Retin A does, thus improving some scars that mandelic acid can't.

Thats what i liled about it, it suppposebly reduces pitted scars and improves skin texture (which is my new concern since my acne is pretty much gone :think: ) and it also reduces red marks fast which is what i need. My cheeks have severe scars and horrible skin texture, and just hoped that i will work.

Take care with the Retin-A, I heard great things about it, but for me it has made my scarring worse :( My skin is much more easily damaged and each new spot is leaving a nasty mark, whereas before it didn't.

Good luck hun!

What about Finacea? It's suppose to help with redness and keep acne from forming. I used retin-a for a year and it quite working for me. I had to switch to tazorac and it worked but it was causing major redness and flushing for me. Switched over to Finacea 2 days ago and so far so good :D