Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
malto

moisturizing and BP

well im 16 ive been trying new things to try and cure my acne because ive been dealing with it for a very long time now and its the worst feeling to have because you feel uncomfortable everywhere you go and im pretty sure you guys know what that feels like. but i noticed that when you cleanse your face you normally apply BP and then moisturize about 15 mins after right? well you shouldnt put both things on at once it should be on or the other. like cleanse apply BP the first day and the second day just cleanse and apply moisturizer and so forth every other day. ive noticed that when you apply both BP and MOISTURIZER one on top of eachother it irritates your face more and it never heals your skin the way your body wants to. have any of you guys noticed that when you apply both your skin tends to feel really stiff and it doesnt seem to move when you talk or eat food? it was just uncomfortable for me so i decided to apply one or the other. so please just give it a try it this might be a possible solution to your acne problem. im not acne free but ive been reading alot about it because i want to try and get rid of mine and live a normal life. and please tell me what you guys think thanks...

If you're now doing something that works for you, so be it, but I'm curious what products you were using because I have not experienced the sensations you describe. My skin feels stiff when I apply BP and it dries, and gets less stiff once I put on moisturizer (and stays that way), which is the opposite of what you say. I'm wondering if maybe you were using thicker, creamier products like a BP cream instead of a gel?

no i used dkr cleanser, bp and moisturizer for a while. but the only thing i use now is his cleanser proactive 2.5 bp and murads skin perfecting lotion.

just from my prospective when you put on BP that dries your skin and then when you apply moisturizer is moistens your skin. how can your skin do both at the same time? it doesnt make any sense. it either dries your skin or it heals it right? if both are on at the same time its like blocking eachother out so it doesnt do anything for your skin just irritates the crap out of it.

The point of BP in the regimen isn't to dry out your skin, though. It has that as a side effect and that drying/peeling effect can help get rid of existing acne, but its more important role in acne management is to prevent new acne by killing the P. acnes bacteria with oxygen. It'll do this whether you moisturize or not, but your skin is able to heal better when it is adequately hydrated, so better to moisturize from time to time than to let your skin be dry (not to mention that the dryness can make your skin look wrinkled, dull, and aged, so moisturizing makes it look better). Moisturizer does not cancel out the acne-fighting effects of BP, unless the particular one you use clogs your pores and causes new acne.

well im 16 ive been trying new things to try and cure my acne because ive been dealing with it for a very long time now and its the worst feeling to have because you feel uncomfortable everywhere you go and im pretty sure you guys know what that feels like. but i noticed that when you cleanse your face you normally apply BP and then moisturize about 15 mins after right? well you shouldnt put both things on at once it should be on or the other. like cleanse apply BP the first day and the second day just cleanse and apply moisturizer and so forth every other day. ive noticed that when you apply both BP and MOISTURIZER one on top of eachother it irritates your face more and it never heals your skin the way your body wants to. have any of you guys noticed that when you apply both your skin tends to feel really stiff and it doesnt seem to move when you talk or eat food? it was just uncomfortable for me so i decided to apply one or the other. so please just give it a try it this might be a possible solution to your acne problem. im not acne free but ive been reading alot about it because i want to try and get rid of mine and live a normal life. and please tell me what you guys think thanks...

I've noticed that BP doesn't make my skin peel so much as it makes it sensitive. So as long as I avoid putting even more drying agents on my skin (like Tea Tree oil), and moisturize, the peeling is minimal. :D

cool as kim deal is right - bp and moisturizer do not cancel each other out!

BP treats acne and has a side effect of drying your skin - the drying is NOT the good thing! So the moisturizer "cancels out" the dryness, you could say.

So you still have the acne fighting properties from the bp, but not try dryness issues. They are most definitely meant to go together!

It IS however, certainly possible that Dan's moisturizer is not the best one for you, so certainly feel free to try another (there are more recommended products listed here) and see if that works better for you!