SoCold

Do nuts give you problems?

Do nuts give you problems  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do nuts give you problems?

• Yes
    • No

Do nuts affect your acne in any way?

Lately since I've been eating nuts more often (per my Protein Type) I've been having problems with bowel movements. It's a lot harder for me to go to the bathroom, and I get frequent severe urges to go then all that comes out is air. Not to mention in general, the bowel doesn't look good at all!

Does anyone know why this may be?

Also, I've been eating more meats and veggies and less fruits. However, I am not constipated....I just have...irregular bowel movements.

Sorry if this is gruesome, but hey it's the Nutrition and Holistic forum so... :shrug:

Nuts make me break out more and get more oily and have bigger pores. As far as digestion I haven't noticed an effect on that. Irregular bowels is a symptom of IBS. It could be you just need more water or fiber too.

Some nuts do cause constipation. Macadamias are notorious for it. Correlation with acne? I don't know.

Peanuts yes (but there not nuts!) every real nut fine - although i usually stick to walnuts & almonds as they have a slightly better nutrition profile in my book!

Do nuts affect your acne in any way?

Lately since I've been eating nuts more often (per my Protein Type) I've been having problems with bowel movements. It's a lot harder for me to go to the bathroom, and I get frequent severe urges to go then all that comes out is air. Not to mention in general, the bowel doesn't look good at all!

Does anyone know why this may be?

Also, I've been eating more meats and veggies and less fruits. However, I am not constipated....I just have...irregular bowel movements.

Sorry if this is gruesome, but hey it's the Nutrition and Holistic forum so... :shrug:

Nuts break me out big time and cause my digestion to go completely mental. I try to avoid them as much as I can but have a little every now and again.

The way to do this is simply to do a nut elimination diet. No way around it really.

Nuts are likley to cause digestive problems if eaten as a staple because they contain enzyme inhibitors and phytates. Where nuts form a significant part of the diet they are always soaked or fermented and then roasted or dehydrated to reduce the amount of toxins in them.

They don't contain much of use anyway. They have poor quality protein and poor fatty acid composition with generally high amounts omega 6 PUFA.

Basically we are not meant to eat them in large amounts, nuts are mostly neolithic foods.

The way to do this is simply to do a nut elimination diet. No way around it really.

Nuts are likley to cause digestive problems if eaten as a staple because they contain enzyme inhibitors and phytates. Where nuts form a significant part of the diet they are always soaked or fermented and then roasted or dehydrated to reduce the amount of toxins in them.

They don't contain much of use anyway. They have poor quality protein and poor fatty acid composition with generally high amounts omega 6 PUFA.

Basically we are not meant to eat them in large amounts, nuts are mostly neolithic foods.

I have been eating more nuts for the last 3 months and havent noticed any great difference with my breakouts...

I actually believe its helping me...

Nuts seem to give me some digestion problems. I still eat them sometimes.

As a protein type though, you really don't need nuts. What you need more than anything are lots of higher purine meats and good animal fat.

You don't necessarily need nuts or seeds in your diet because you can get all the carbs you need from protein type vegetables and fruits.

Keep in mind though that walnuts are a great source of omega-3 and if you're going to eat nuts, walnuts are definitely one of the better ones to consume.

Thanks for the replies so far...if a mod want's to make this a poll that would be fine with me.

I'm definetly going to eliminate them for a couple weeks and see what happens.

Nuts are perfectly fine with me. I eat a good deal of almonds and walnuts, sometimes pine nuts or cashews. Good stuff.

My co-worker, Shawn, swears peanuts and peanutbutter breaks his acne out. His face looks clear all the time, so I believe him.

I used to eat peanutbutter sandwiches all the time until he told me that :lol: .

sicne nuts all contain omega 6. would the type of nut you eat daily and serving size determien if it would effect omega ration.

suchas what about alomnds, high in mono. fat, minerals ,antioxidants and pretty low in omega 6.

for one ounce 3 grams of omega 6

1/2 oucne only 1.5 grams of omega 6

I think nuts are good in moderation, but the problem is that once you start eating them its hard to stop, and thats when the problem arises.

sicne nuts all contain omega 6. would the type of nut you eat daily and serving size determien if it would effect omega ration.

suchas what about alomnds, high in mono. fat, minerals ,antioxidants and pretty low in omega 6.

for one ounce 3 grams of omega 6

1/2 oucne only 1.5 grams of omega 6

Try pumpkin seeds. They are high in beta sitosterol, which is what is in saw palmetto that helps with hormones. And I think they have zinc, too. I don't remember.