Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bosoxgirl

almost done 5 months

hi all,

quick question. i am nearing the end of my 5 months on accutane. the first month i was on 40 mg/day, the second and third months i was on 60/day, and my 4th and 5th months i was prescribed 80 mg/day....however, for the majority of my 4th and 5th months i was only able to take 60 mg/day because of bad side affects. so, long story short, after i will have completed 5 months i have some extra pills. should i just continue to take 60 mg/day for like the extra couple weeks? or just stop after 5 months? or ween myself off slowly? any advice people have would be greatly appreciated.

hi all,

quick question. i am nearing the end of my 5 months on accutane. the first month i was on 40 mg/day, the second and third months i was on 60/day, and my 4th and 5th months i was prescribed 80 mg/day....however, for the majority of my 4th and 5th months i was only able to take 60 mg/day because of bad side affects. so, long story short, after i will have completed 5 months i have some extra pills. should i just continue to take 60 mg/day for like the extra couple weeks? or just stop after 5 months? or ween myself off slowly? any advice people have would be greatly appreciated.

no dont finish them...let's go Mets!

jk finish them only if the side effects are not burdening you or are not severe. If the side effects are extreme than letting the last month should be fine...the accutane is already in your system.