Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Happy Face

Trouble Foods

Trouble Foods

Foods in the Trouble category should be consumed with extreme caution and should be completely avoided, if possible.

Meat

pork

ham

bacon

sausage (pork)

rabbit

ostrich

emu

imitation meat products (soy)

veggie burgers

Fish and Seafood

fried or breaded fish

Avoid all shellfish including:

crabs

oysters

clams

mussels

lobsters

shrimp

scallops

catfish

eel

squid (calamari)

shark

Poultry

fried or breaded chicken

Lunch Meat

ham

corned beef

soy lunch meat

Eggs

imitation eggs (i.e., Egg Beaters)

Dairy

soy cheese

rice cheese

homogenized milk

low-fat or skim milk

commercial ice cream with sugar

processed cheese food

American cheese (singles)

yogurt with sugar or artificial sweeteners

any dairy product with added stabilizers, preservatives, sugars, or artificial sweeteners

Fats and Oils

lard

margarine

shortening

canola oil

corn oil

cottonseed oil

any partially hydrogenated oil

Nuts and Seeds

nuts roasted in oil

honey-roasted nuts

Condiments, Spices, and Seasonings

all spices that contain added sugar or preservatives

Fruits

canned fruits in syrup

Beverages

commercial beer and wine

sodas

chlorinated tap water

fruit juices or drinks with artificial flavors

fruit juices or drinks made from concentrate

Grains and Starchy Carbohydrates

bread or crackers made with white or unbleached flour

pastas made with white or unbleached flour

white or unbleached flour

dried cereal with sugar

white rice

instant oatmeal

pastries

baked goods

Sweeteners

sugar

corn syrup

high fructose corn syrup

all artificial sweeteners, including:

aspartame

sucralose

acesulfame K

sorbitol

maltitol

Miscellaneous

snack foods with sugar, partially hydrogenated oils, artificial sweeteners, or unbleached flour

Copyright 2005 by Biblical Health Institute, Inc Terms Of Use Privacy Statement

To see all of the extraordinary, average, trouble, and dirty dozen food lists, go to the link below:

http://www.biblicalhealthinstitute.com/Res...90/Default.aspx

eggs always get a bad wrap unfairly

The words in bold are the categories. Eggs aren't bad (depending on if you get the right kind or not). It's the fake eggs that are in the "trouble foods" category. If you click on the link at the bottom of the post you will see the extraordinary, average, trouble, and dirty dozen.

This is probably one of the best general to-avoid lists I've seen ever seen on the board.

Shellfish do amazing things for my skin, personally. =o

Shellfish are pretty much the pollution & filth sucker uppers of the ocean. Can you imagine eating a vacuum cleaner bag? No wonder so many people react badly to shellfish... when there are oil spills, well... things get worse.

stay away from school cafeteria food!

You got that right! When they say "pizza" you could be eating anything...

I eat Instant Oatmeal, White Rice, White Bread, Shrimp(rarely) with no problem. I think this list really depends on the person, but it's a good guide. Thanks!

Trouble Foods

Foods in the Trouble category should be consumed with extreme caution and should be completely avoided, if possible.

Meat

pork

ham

bacon

sausage (pork)

rabbit

ostrich

emu

imitation meat products (soy)

veggie burgers

Fish and Seafood

fried or breaded fish

Avoid all shellfish including:

crabs

oysters

clams

mussels

lobsters

shrimp

scallops

catfish

eel

squid (calamari)

shark

Poultry

fried or breaded chicken

Lunch Meat

ham

corned beef

soy lunch meat

Eggs

imitation eggs (i.e., Egg Beaters)

Dairy

soy cheese

rice cheese

homogenized milk

low-fat or skim milk

commercial ice cream with sugar

processed cheese food

American cheese (singles)

yogurt with sugar or artificial sweeteners

any dairy product with added stabilizers, preservatives, sugars, or artificial sweeteners

Fats and Oils

lard

margarine

shortening

canola oil

corn oil

cottonseed oil

any partially hydrogenated oil

Nuts and Seeds

nuts roasted in oil

honey-roasted nuts

Condiments, Spices, and Seasonings

all spices that contain added sugar or preservatives

Fruits

canned fruits in syrup

Beverages

commercial beer and wine

sodas

chlorinated tap water

fruit juices or drinks with artificial flavors

fruit juices or drinks made from concentrate

Grains and Starchy Carbohydrates

bread or crackers made with white or unbleached flour

pastas made with white or unbleached flour

white or unbleached flour

dried cereal with sugar

white rice

instant oatmeal

pastries

baked goods

Sweeteners

sugar

corn syrup

high fructose corn syrup

all artificial sweeteners, including:

aspartame

sucralose

acesulfame K

sorbitol

maltitol

Miscellaneous

snack foods with sugar, partially hydrogenated oils, artificial sweeteners, or unbleached flour

Copyright 2005 by Biblical Health Institute, Inc Terms Of Use Privacy Statement

To see all of the extraordinary, average, trouble, and dirty dozen food lists, go to the link below:

http://www.biblicalhealthinstitute.com/Res...90/Default.aspx

great link...can't wait to read up on it. thanks

I eat Instant Oatmeal, White Rice, White Bread, Shrimp(rarely) with no problem. I think this list really depends on the person, but it's a good guide. Thanks!

You're welcome. Just so you know, I posted this as overall health.. not just for acne.

Pork is one of the worst things I can eat. Can anyone explain why though?

I have heard lots of bad things about it. There was a really good article I read a while ago & I'll see if I can find it to post on here...

I find it interesting that prawns aren't listed under shellfish? I presume they are included in the shellfish category?

The "dirty dozen" seems to be the acne sufferer's big no-no!

Great link, thanks :clap:

ok thank you!

honestly, I at pork for dinner at at 3am I couldn't sleep and had horrici cysts!

Here is the article:

Pig’s bodies contain many toxins, worms and latent diseases. Although some of these infestations are harbored in other animals, modern veterinarians say that pigs are far more predisposed to these illnesses than other animals. This could be because pigs like to scavenge and will eat any kind of food, including dead insects, worms, rotting carcasses, excreta (including their own), garbage, and other pigs.

Influenza (flu) is one of the most famous illnesses which pigs share with humans. This illness is harbored in the lungs of pigs during the summer months and tends to affect pigs and humans in cooler months. Sausage contains bits of pigs' lungs, so those who ear pork sausage tend to suffer more during epidemics of influenza.

Pig meat also contains excessive quantities of histamine and imidazole compounds, which can lead to itching and inflammation; growth hormone, which promotes inflammation and growth; sulphur-containing mesenchymal mucus, which leads to swelling and deposits of mucus in tendons and cartilage, resulting in arthritis, rheumatism, etc. Sulphur helps cause firm human tendons and ligaments to be replaces by the pig's soft mesenchymal tissues, and degeneration of human cartilage. Eating pork can also lead to gallstones and obesity, probably due to its high cholesterol and saturated fat content. The pig is the main carrier of the taenia solium worm, which is found in its flesh. These tapeworms are found in human intestines with greater frequency in nations where pigs are eaten. This type of tapeworm can pass through the intestines and affect many other organs, and is incurable once it reaches beyond a certain stage.

One in six people in the US and Canada has trichinosis from eating trichina worms which are found in pork. Many people have no symptoms to warn them of this, and when they do, they resemble symptoms of many other illnesses. These worms are not noticed during meat inspections, nor are they killed by salting or smoking. Few people cook the meat long enough to kill the trichinae. The rat (another scavenger) also harbors this disease.

There are dozens of other worms, germs, diseases and bacteria which are commonly found in pigs, many of which are specific to the pig, or found in greater frequency in pigs.

http://www.unh.edu/msa/pork.htm

Happy Face, this is a *fabulous* list!!! I don't agree with everything at BHI, as I don't believe in eating lots of animal products, but I definitely agree with this list!! :)

Great post!

You sure all this in the list gives acne to people?

when we all have different skins etc.. ? >_<

Oh yeah i just ate bread , gonna get more more acne tomorrow. :)

This is a great list for people in need. I knew about all the foods mentioned here, there's a forum that talks about why pork is bad that I was reading a few weeks ago. I forget the name of it or even how I found it. Apparently it's a "dirty meat". I can agree with that!

I wanted to mention another thing I learned from a chinese woman who had acne all her life and pretty much knows her stuff. COLD or frozen items consumed will weaken all of your body organs especially the kidneys and the spleen, and congest your lungs. Signs of a weakened spleen will include dry lips or frequent thirst. When you drink water, make sure it is at least room temp or warmer. Also eliminating all liver and kidney weakening foods such as white flour (we all know), white sugar, caffeine, chocolate, deep fried foods, all citrus fruits, tomato, banana, cold drinks and foods which chill the liver and kidneys. Interesting!

I'll find the website and post it if anyone's interested.