Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaLa2006

tank top question

Okay this is kinda of a weird question. But when I wear a tank top [like a beater] it starts to get a lil baggy on the top. The top and where my boobs are and stuff. Its like its okay when I put it on but then after awhile it starts to become a lil baggy. Is this because I need a smaller size? I just wont a tank top that will stay up and stick to my skin. I get a small already..so idk. Im not REAL skinny..I am just average...so idk if I could get an xtra small. It just seems like I dont look good w/ a tank on [w/ a zip up sweater w/ it]

i think the problem you may be having is that the tank top is probably made of cotton, and cotton has a tendency to stretch out upon wear. you could try a smaller size or maybe a different brand (some stretch more than others.) i'm not really a wife beater wearer, but i have a couple and the one that probably stretched least was from old navy. you might also want to see if you can find a brand that uses a blend of materials instead of just cotton. (although for a wife beater like what you're talking about, i don't think it will be easy to find.)

I agree with lu lu belle... I have several like that from old navy, and they don't stretch. They are very form-fitting, and stay that way (which I like). It all depends on the material they're made out of I think.

Yep, sounds like the material is stretching, probably from wear & washing. Those kinds of tanks tend to stretch a lot.

I have that problem with jeans. I'll buy them fitted, but after wearing them for a few hours they get much looser. Then when I wash them they tighten up a bit again. It's very annoying. I've found that buying my jeans a little too tight is ideal, so when they loosen up they don't get too big. You might try that with tank tops; buy them a bit snug at first.

:lol: thanks everyone. i might try getting a smaller size. it makes me angry b/c when i see other people wearing beaters they look so nice! grr. oh well.