Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sam1981

Return of the Oil Slick!

Hi Everyone,

I finished my course of Accutane in the beginning of November. I am please to say I'm all clear, :dance: one or two spots now and then but nothing like it was before. However I have noticed that the oilyness on my face has returned and whilst it is not causing any more spots (at the moment) i am very worries that they will return.

Can anyone advise me on what to do? I am already using Neutrogena Oil free Moisturizer.

Thanks

Perhaps a product that control the oil production--- I know a bunch of different cosmetic companies have oil control products-- Proactive being one- I have also been reading about something called "sebum be gone" http://www.skinbiology.com/ that says it helps with oil control.

Hope this helps....

that's one of the signs that acne is coming back.

if you note more and more pimples, back to the derm.

:T

It is not one of the signs that acne is coming back. Most people get their oil back, though possibly slightless less than pre-tane, but many of these don't get acne again. Accutane isn't designed to work long-term by stopping oil, it works in other ways. Don't worry unless you start breaking out a lot again - and remember even a few spots is normal.

It is not one of the signs that acne is coming back. Most people get their oil back, though possibly slightless less than pre-tane, but many of these don't get acne again. Accutane isn't designed to work long-term by stopping oil, it works in other ways. Don't worry unless you start breaking out a lot again - and remember even a few spots is normal.

Thanks a lot I appreciate it.