Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnoman

Body building and ACNE

I'm really skeptical about the argument that diet and supplements are a huge factor. I honestly think it is the increase in hormones that is a huge factor. I'm lifting pretty heavy weights (225 for bench/squats/dead lifts) without taking huge amounts of protein etc. I've also found my skin is better while I'm on long breaks from the gym and worse during intense training (mainly back ance). I've recently increased my protein intake significantly for mass; I will see if this changes things at all.

each meal you consume should contain carbs, protein & fat something like 40% 30% 30% (although i strive for 33% 33% 33%).

Could you explain why?

Eating balanced meals is a good thing,

Define "balanced" please.

- I'd eat 1/2 yolks per 3/5 whites.

Why? All the good stuff is in the yolks, it's nearly pure protein and virtually no nutrients in the whites. If you toss them out and replace the protein in them with protein from more yolks or meat you get more nutrients per protein.

Add red meat couple of times a week and eat

Why not every day? IMO If you are trying to build muscles it's silly to restrict meat.

some of the fat (depends on the cut, but i wouldn't eat massive chunks of fat for the sake of it).

Not "for the sake of it" but you eat until you are full. If there is excessive fat it can be saved and used for later cooking.

It's nice to see that you have some grasp on nutriton and muscle gaining glennart.

First off, creatine is purely water based, it has nothing to do with the liver, all kidney's. I have been on a cycle of creatine and a cycle of accutane at the same time and my liver enzymes and kidney tests came back great. thats just me though.

In regrads to the milk and egg's talk, most people are allergic to milk yes, we were born to drink breast milk, not cows, given that milk is one of thee best proteins you can have for you body, period. don;t believe me, talk to a gentlemen named Alan Aragon, he;ll set you straight and give you a wealth of knowledge.

in terms of bodybuilding or even strength training, if your not taking in a gram of protein to a pound of body weight then you are wasting your time and won;t gain lean muscle mass at all. it's science, look on t-nation, muscular development, pubmed etc. countless studies showing if your a bodybuilder of strength trainer you need that much protein. why do you think Arnold ate 10 eggs and a pound of beef in Pumping Iron? For fun? The work that goes into becoming a bodybuilder is unparallel to anything else, you NEED that much protein if you want to become a bodybuilder and compete.

too much protein being hard on the kidney? yes that can happen, if your not workingout and it's being utilized. if you eat 300 grams of protein a day, sit on the couch and play halo 2 then your kidneys will be hurting over time. but if your training, and training hard then that 300 grams will be used so damn fast it isn;t even funny. you dont need to be a bodybuilder to know you MUST drink tons of water a day, i try to drink 1.5 gallons of fluids a day. with that much fluids the kidneys will be smiling.

each meal you consume should contain carbs, protein & fat something like 40% 30% 30% (although i strive for 33% 33% 33%).

Could you explain why?

Eating balanced meals is a good thing,

Define "balanced" please.

- I'd eat 1/2 yolks per 3/5 whites.

Why? All the good stuff is in the yolks, it's nearly pure protein and virtually no nutrients in the whites. If you toss them out and replace the protein in them with protein from more yolks or meat you get more nutrients per protein.

Add red meat couple of times a week and eat

Why not every day? IMO If you are trying to build muscles it's silly to restrict meat.

some of the fat (depends on the cut, but i wouldn't eat massive chunks of fat for the sake of it).

Not "for the sake of it" but you eat until you are full. If there is excessive fat it can be saved and used for later cooking.

It's nice to see that you have some grasp on nutriton and muscle gaining glennart.

First off, creatine is purely water based, it has nothing to do with the liver, all kidney's. I have been on a cycle of creatine and a cycle of accutane at the same time and my liver enzymes and kidney tests came back great. thats just me though.

In regrads to the milk and egg's talk, most people are allergic to milk yes, we were born to drink breast milk, not cows, given that milk is one of thee best proteins you can have for you body, period. don;t believe me, talk to a gentlemen named Alan Aragon, he;ll set you straight and give you a wealth of knowledge.

in terms of bodybuilding or even strength training, if your not taking in a gram of protein to a pound of body weight then you are wasting your time and won;t gain lean muscle mass at all. it's science, look on t-nation, muscular development, pubmed etc. countless studies showing if your a bodybuilder of strength trainer you need that much protein. why do you think Arnold ate 10 eggs and a pound of beef in Pumping Iron? For fun? The work that goes into becoming a bodybuilder is unparallel to anything else, you NEED that much protein if you want to become a bodybuilder and compete.

too much protein being hard on the kidney? yes that can happen, if your not workingout and it's being utilized. if you eat 300 grams of protein a day, sit on the couch and play halo 2 then your kidneys will be hurting over time. but if your training, and training hard then that 300 grams will be used so damn fast it isn;t even funny. you dont need to be a bodybuilder to know you MUST drink tons of water a day, i try to drink 1.5 gallons of fluids a day. with that much fluids the kidneys will be smiling.

Nice post bro...another T-Nation reader here. Great site! I agree with everything you said. Also, I don't believe acne has anything to do with how much you work out. I've taken weeks off and still develop cysts. It all coincidental if someone breaks out weather they lift or not. If that were the case everybody in the gym would be covered in acne...other than the juicers of course...

How exactly do people live with these lifestyles where they eat the same thing every time, at the exact same time, just because they are convinced it will make them 'bigger'. It is insane, get a life for christs sake! What is the purpose of all this? So you can stand around flexing in your undies, impressing noone in particular?

I workout, and I don't follow any of these bullshit diets, and I put on a steady amount of muscle. Im not huge, but why the fuck would I want to be. Why do ppl ignore Dannys advice? He seems to be one of the few here with any grasp of reality when it comes to fitness.

I think this bodybuilding bullshit is the same kind of mental state that annorexic women get into, there is a fucked up perception of what a human should look like, both for men and women now. Do people honestly want to look like Arne? You think he has never taken anabolics or growth hormones or all kinds of bullshit?

And if your going to lift all these weights and put on all this muscle, for gods sake remember to do a good stretching routine as well. You need to keep your flexibility up, as it decreases with increased muscle mass if you do nothing about it. Otherwise any physical activity and you will be highly susceptible to injuries. Not that most bodybuilders care about this, all they do is flex in the mirror.

If you actually want to be fit, theres so many more things you need to work on than strength. Flexibility, stamina, balance etc.

You only live once for fucks sake, stop wasting it worrying about being 'big'.

100% liquid eggwhites is VERY good :) and healthy

I buy lots of those.. it has 16 eggs in 1 carton , i drink it all in a day.

:P

Funniest poster on acne.org ^. (compliment of course) :D

How exactly do people live with these lifestyles where they eat the same thing every time, at the exact same time, just because they are convinced it will make them 'bigger'. It is insane, get a life for christs sake! What is the purpose of all this? So you can stand around flexing in your undies, impressing noone in particular?

I workout, and I don't follow any of these bullshit diets, and I put on a steady amount of muscle. Im not huge, but why the fuck would I want to be. Why do ppl ignore Dannys advice? He seems to be one of the few here with any grasp of reality when it comes to fitness.

I think this bodybuilding bullshit is the same kind of mental state that annorexic women get into, there is a fucked up perception of what a human should look like, both for men and women now. Do people honestly want to look like Arne? You think he has never taken anabolics or growth hormones or all kinds of bullshit?

And if your going to lift all these weights and put on all this muscle, for gods sake remember to do a good stretching routine as well. You need to keep your flexibility up, as it decreases with increased muscle mass if you do nothing about it. Otherwise any physical activity and you will be highly susceptible to injuries. Not that most bodybuilders care about this, all they do is flex in the mirror.

If you actually want to be fit, theres so many more things you need to work on than strength. Flexibility, stamina, balance etc.

How do you live being average your whole life? What is normal? Let's see - watch TV about 5 hours a day, eat all the s*** you see on any drive you take, consume over half your calories on soda, look like complete s***. Get the mythical-inevitable beer belly that everyone says is guaranteed when you get older.

No one ignore's Danny's advice, Danny caters to a group that I anyone with any bodybuilding knowledge can achieve in a matter of a couple of months. I can go from 150 to 200 and back to 150 in a single year and it is a complete joke to see other's screw everything up. In fact I went from 212 to 198 right now in just 2 weeks. No tricks, just knowledge of knowing how and what to eat.

Who said Arnold didn't take anything?

I'm 200lbs and I guarantee I am more flexible than you ever will be and have the endurance to drop a 6 min mile at anytime anywhere.

No steroids or whatever you losers think can achieve that. That is determination and pure skill.

:)

Yeah I'd love to see how flexible and full of stamina you really are, but whatever.

Being average my whole life? I don't care i am above average or below average, i just want to enjoy my life. I dont sit around and watch tv 5 hours a day, i do things. if thats the alternative to bb for u then u really do need a life. have a few drinks and chill out. you can not do any of the things that you list in the first paragraph without going to an extreme of bodybuilding.

How do you live being average your whole life? What is normal? Let's see - watch TV about 5 hours a day, eat all the s*** you see on any drive you take, consume over half your calories on soda, look like complete s***. Get the mythical-inevitable beer belly that everyone says is guaranteed when you get older.

No one ignore's Danny's advice, Danny caters to a group that I anyone with any bodybuilding knowledge can achieve in a matter of a couple of months. I can go from 150 to 200 and back to 150 in a single year and it is a complete joke to see other's screw everything up. In fact I went from 212 to 198 right now in just 2 weeks. No tricks, just knowledge of knowing how and what to eat.

I'm 200lbs and I guarantee I am more flexible than you ever will be and have the endurance to drop a 6 min mile at anytime anywhere.

No steroids or whatever you losers think can achieve that. That is determination and pure skill.

You think anyone really cares here?

This isn't a bodybuilding forum!

But its a Bodybuilding Thread...

And the ones who stay dedicated and consistend are the ones who learned to love the sport,to live the sport, the lifestyle,the eating, the non-drinking...u've never been there , so don't judge dude..

I love to eat 6 meals a day, to train 5 times a week, to push me over my limits, to see little improvements month by month...

its a sport for the extreme ones ... not for the average low-selfesteem guy, who just want to be big to fuck some chicks..

And the ones who stay dedicated and consistend are the ones who learned to love the sport,to live the sport, the lifestyle,the eating, the non-drinking...u've never been there , so don't judge dude..

I love to eat 6 meals a day, to train 5 times a week, to push me over my limits, to see little improvements month by month...

its a sport for the extreme ones ... not for the average low-selfesteem guy, who just want to be big to fuck some chicks..

What he said ^.

and.. If you aren't improving or changing in any positive way, whether mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, you are just watching time go by. Bodybuilding is just one way to improve yourself. Going out 'drinking and chilling', WTF is up with that? The thing that all you non-gym-goers, pro-couch-potatoes don't understand about real bodybuilding is that: I'd still be doing what I do even if I was the only person on this planet, while phonies do it to impress others, and people that go 'drinking and chilling' do it because their friends do it. :)

The thread is about bodybuilding in relation to acne, not to brag about how wonderful you think you are, or how dedicated you are to the sport!

The thread is about bodybuilding in relation to acne, not to brag about how wonderful you think you are, or how dedicated you are to the sport!

I've been replying to I_Hate_Redspots this whole time LOL!

Well his point is that you have biggerexia (BDD)!

And as such you just like to harp on about how wonderful you are, huge etc without any relevance to acne!

And as such you just like to harp on about how wonderful you are, huge etc without any relevance to acne!

Biggerexia? LOL. Well I used to be anorexic. So I guess I have travelled a long way. :D

Why is it that on every single one of these threads about muscle people gotta argue and say they know the best. Seriously... You guys may think you are "future Olympians," but you're not. Offer your advice, and be out.

--------------------------------------------------------

Now to the OP. You do not need to sacrifice clear skin to build muscle. You just have to build it slower. The best way to gain muscle is to bulk and cut. Eating tons of food and many sources of protein, vitamin b6, magnesium and zinc are also great ways to build muscle. The b6, magnesium and zinc help boost testosterone as well as stop excess testosterone from being turned into estrogen. (This is one reason why men can grow tits when taking steroids).

These ways are great, but aside from the zinc, you are probably going to end up releasing toxins through your skin.

Get plenty of rest between workouts and be easy on your body.

Working out=building muscle as long as you intake enough food and protein to build muscle. The rate at which you build muscle may be reduced because you have to watch what you eat, but it can be done.

Biggerexia? LOL. Well I used to be anorexic. So I guess I have travelled a long way. :D

That's the point. You have traveled nowhere.

It is still an eating disorder.

You think anyone really cares here?

This isn't a bodybuilding forum!

You got that right!!!! Ha Ha :D

Hi dear,

Today I read your message and would like to discuss my problem with you.In November i was having so many pimples on my face i went to a Doctor he also wrote me same medicine - ISOACE and i also felt same changes on my skin ...i can see the wrinkles under my eyes,also dryness on my skin,well but some how my face is quite clean now....but when i discussed about the wrinkles problems on my face after taking these capsules that doctor scold me very badly he was like this medicin can not harm or do anything it is your skin problem...well he is the best doctor so i listened to him...

now due to some busy scheduled i couldnt visit him and took 30 days gap,,,and when i went to him so he again wrote me same medicines .....

What should i do,,,,,i am not liking this medicin cause some where i think that the wrinkle on ma face are cause of it only but as he is a best doctor so i m stil taking it... :(

What you say on it???

Hi people,

I am 23 yr male. I have been suffering frm acne from past several years(forgot the count). I started bodybuilding a 2 yrs back. I wasnt on any special diet(coz couldnt afford it). I got a job 6 months back and I started having 15 egg whites, 2 scoops of whey, 5 gms of Creatine Monohydrate and 250 gms of chicken breast on my training days along with my three meals. On my non-training day, I usually consume 15 egg whites. I also have 4 bananas, oatmeal(with milk), carrots, almonds and consume atleast 3 to 4 lts of water. I usually have 6 small meals everyday. From past few months, all kinds of acne started spurting on my face(cysts, white heads etc). This has lead to depression in my life. I consulted a derm, who prescribed me a tab called ISOACE(Isotretinion-same as Accutane-20 mg). He told me to take it for 15 days and then come for the first appointment of Sallycilic peel. For the first 10 days of 20mg was fine. Then after that, my skin started to shrivel up like a prune. Dryness and peeling all over. I could see wrinkles on my face and my eyes ahhhhhhhhh. :doh: I stopped taking it. I quit my bodybuilding regime, diet and started eating lots of carrots, plenty of water and consume only 15 egg whites as my protein source. This has devestated me a lot. I just miss pumping iron. Even after my second appointment of Sallycilic peel, my face has shown only a few changes. The scars :wall: . I have decided to go back to my old routine, but stop taking whey and totally cut down my milk consumption(taking calcium tabs) All you bodybuilders out there, I know that you have faced the same problem in your life. If you have any solution, please help me out. A desperate cry from a desperate guy..... :cry:

Hope you people will help me out.

Really sucks to hear these people being suckered into this terrible "medication". I went through a similar experience as you guys too. Stop taking all that crap. I mean the prescriptions. Next thing would be to stop taking any whey, dairy, and any supplements your taking to get big. Eat a healthy balanced diet, and add pure proteins. And have a variety. I take Hemp protein shakes. It's an amazing protein, 100% pure, will fully digest in the stomach making sure your getting every drop of pure protein, and has all essential amino acids.

If nuts don't bother you, almonds are a great source of protein. You can do a lot with almonds too. Eat them plain, make almond butter, almond flour, etc.