Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VIRGOLOVE

Accutane and getting pregnant

How long after the last acctuane pill can a women get pregnant with out the baby having any type of disorder from the accutane?

How long after the last acctuane pill can a women get pregnant with out the baby having any type of disorder from the accutane?

I read 6months....they have articles online about how using accutane disfigures babes....

do your research....

all the best...

I did a TON of research on this, as I am hoping to get pregnant a year after my course is finished. I talked to all of my doctors (derm, OBGYN, etc.) and all of them said that you need to wait at least one month, but if you can wait about 6 months it is ideal. My OBGYN said that after 6 months, the traces of it in your system are almost undetectable...I guess the half life is so small at that point. She did, however, say that waiting longer than a year is overkill. I would just make sure to wait at least a month and shoot for at least 6 months, if possible. Feel free to email me if you have any questions as I looked into this for several months before starting accutane.

If your not in a rush i would really recomend 1 year +. And for those saying clinical data blah blah blah. That is a load of bull, seriously you will all hear about accutane in the news one day and how it can truely effect the body.

If your not in a rush i would really recomend 1 year +. And for those saying clinical data blah blah blah. That is a load of bull, seriously you will all hear about accutane in the news one day and how it can truely effect the body.

Dude, we're talking about a drug that's been on the market for 25 years. That's plenty of time for long-term studies of former Tane users, and there is no evidence that it causes birth defects once a woman has been off it for a over month. And do you really think doctors and drug companies want big malpractice suits and lawsuits from parents of deformed babies? If they say one to six months is enough time to wait to get pregnant, it is, otherwise they'd make you continue using birth control.

Clinical data blah blah blah? Talk about ignorant. Clinical studies are THE gold standard for proving a hypothesis. Media speculation and patient hearsay are just that.

Dude, we're talking about a drug that's been on the market for 25 years. That's plenty of time for long-term studies of former Tane users, and there is no evidence that it causes birth defects once a woman has been off it for a over month. And do you really think doctors and drug companies want big malpractice suits and lawsuits from parents of deformed babies? If they say one to six months is enough time to wait to get pregnant, it is, otherwise they'd make you continue using birth control.

Clinical data blah blah blah? Talk about ignorant. Clinical studies are THE gold standard for proving a hypothesis. Media speculation and patient hearsay are just that.

Your post is a methodical well thought out post Wendy and i agree with all of it. One thing you missed in my post was the fact that they don't understand the mechanisms behind accutane, they don't understand many of the side effects and they don't fully understand the effects it has on the body. I am not saying they are keeping secret studies on birth defects tucked away, what i am saying though is that they hide alot of the studies and other aspects of isotretinoin side effects. They run studies in such a manner that they know won't show up the effects it can/dose have.

It is hard for a company to be sued when the true science behind the drug they are producing is not known. In many of these cases there isn't enough evidence to suggest accutane was the culprit, but as with many of tanes side effects, the users know what the cause is...

Your post is a methodical well thought out post Wendy and i agree with all of it. One thing you missed in my post was the fact that they don't understand the mechanisms behind accutane, they don't understand many of the side effects and they don't fully understand the effects it has on the body. I am not saying they are keeping secret studies on birth defects tucked away, what i am saying though is that they hide alot of the studies and other aspects of isotretinoin side effects. They run studies in such a manner that they know won't show up the effects it can/dose have.

It is hard for a company to be sued when the true science behind the drug they are producing is not known. In many of these cases there isn't enough evidence to suggest accutane was the culprit, but as with many of tanes side effects, the users know what the cause is...