Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Light in Sight

B5 Log Of Hope

Today is my first day on 10 g of b5. Thusfar I have had no side effects except for bright gold piss that almost glows (sorry too much detail)

I take a capsul of b-complex that has 50 mg of all the b's along with 10 1000mg capsuls a day of b5 pantothenic acid.(still dont know if its enough complex to take, nobody knows on these forums it seems)

The last week I have had clear skin, never had clear skin for that last 2 years. Though I still have lots of scarring. I knew the clear skin wouldnt last, as it didnt. I now have 3 actives, one on the left cheek, and 2 above my upper lip that arent that big but sting like a biatch.

I think I can contribute my clearer skin to suki lemongrass cleanser, mixed with the mario badescu anti-acne face wash, and this lemongerass/grapefruit facewash for showers.

This is DAY 5, i took 5 g's for first 4 days. 3 actives like I mentioned, one trying to find its way up from my lower chin, dont think it will make it.

I am making this log for myself so that I can keep track or my progress and I know how long I have been taking it. If you have any comments please go ahead, otherwise I dont mind.

DAY 6

Well the other 2 cysts I had above my mouth are dying. New one on left cheek, it is small but was painful in morning, has died down now, hopefully it will be gone tomorrow after I polysporin it.

Damnit, I got one on my nose. Its friekin painful and will get bigger tomorrow. Im more worrying if it fills up the place of my old scar. That same situation happened on a scar on my face, where it rose from the dead.

Other than that my face still looks the best its looked in a year, not from the b5 yet, but it should help keep it like this and better in the long run. Oh and no side effects, not even dry skin! Just the coloured piss thing.

DAY 13

Side Effects: None

My skin isnt even dry yet, hopefully it wont ever be. Though I dont produce much oil on the face which is nice.

I have gotten 2 new pimples in the last day, on spots that have been clear for 3 weeks. One on the chin, and one on the cheek. Other than that Ive been quite clear with the occasional small pimple that heals fast.

I notice that the pimples I get not are much smaller, maybe that has something to do with the b5 shrinking pores, if its done that already. Though the one on my chin that is coming up is seeming like its a decent size, the biggest Ive had in a long time. Im putting benzoyl cream , clean and clear on it.

So far, so good though. I havnt noticed any consistent results but I plan on taking these pills for a long time, hopefully after 3 months I will be good. I just need to get rid of these damned scars now.

Hey,

Good job on the B5 log, I'm enjoying following your progress. I've been very interested in the B5 thing for a while. I added B5 to my regimen a while back but only in smaller amounts; I take 3-4 x 500mg GNC panothenic acid capsules, spaced out evenly over the day.

After the first couple weeks I didn't think it was doing much so I quit taking them... then I broke out for the next few days. So I haven't missed a day since. I think B5 is an interesting way to go about clearing up acne, and I'm really looking forward to your conclusion.

Keep up the good work! Fighting the good fight!

Best wishes!

Thx guys for your responses.

I dont know if this has anything to do with me getting any side effects but, the b5 pills I take are called "timed release" and basically after taking a pill the nutrients in the pill are slowly released into the system over an 8 hour span. Maybe this has someting to do with my no side-effects?

Though I think I may be getting dryer skin, just around the mouth area. That and the golden pee is the only side effects.

Does anyone know if B5 causes purging a few weeks after taking it? Because I am just instantly breaking out all over, I am very angry. I had a clear face for the most part for 3 weeks, now im back to normal.

Does anyone know if B5 causes purging a few weeks after taking it? Because I am just instantly breaking out all over, I am very angry. I had a clear face for the most part for 3 weeks, now im back to normal.

Im going to stay on B5 for a year or more, then slim down on it. How about diets, does B5, once it has reached its effective stage, allow you to eat something like pizza and chips without breaking out horribly the next day? I havnt eaten pizza or chips for a looooong time :( aka a year

DAY 19

Purging like a madman. Its unfortunate, I got just a taste of being clear for like 2 weeks then its back to normal. Hopefully my perception of normal changes in the coming weeks, its only day 19. Im not even 3 weeks in. I heard 3 months is where you should see the progress.

Side Effects: Drying around mouth area after showers. Golden streams, hope and dreams.

No diarreah, none, everyone talks about getting it, but not me.

I would also like to add that I just got B5 in capsule form, is there any difference or disadvantage to taking it compared to the other pill form?

Day 22

Still breaking out, got one on the cheek, where I thought they had stopped.

I hate acne, I loath it. It ruins my life. I hope it goes away from this b5.

I ate pizza today, its my friends bday so I had to. Im going to pay dearly for that.

Big Update!

Ok, I have to say, after about a month so far I think I am pretty impressed with b5. My only doubt is that it is wnter. The summer months in my experience are far worse for acne because of the hmidity and moisture it creates on my face. I looked lik a walking pepperoni pizza in the summer lol. I hope that with continuing b5 myacne will stay at a low rate in the humid summer months, it will be humid(damned global warming).

I havbeen pissed off the last few posts, but in truth the amount of acne I have been getting is FAR less than wgat I normally get. It just gets agrivating when youhave almost a clear face and you get a few pimples the next day. Especially when you havnt beenclear for more than a year.

The only problem is, that even when im clear now, I still look like I have horrible acne. The damned scarring just looks horrible. I dontknow what to do aboutit. Can anyone offer any advie as to what to take or do about scarring? I prefernatural treatments, but whatever it takes will make me happy.

Also, I am not planning of scar treatment just yet, im going to wait 2 months or so until I am consistently clear.

I dont get any cysts anymore. But I have gotten a few small pimples along the jawline, not noticalble but they hurt for a day. And I got on in my eyebrow. But other than that I am really suprised how well B5 is working. Im moreso hoping that I am growing out of acne for the most part since my acne was starting to go away b4 I started b5. But anyways.

I have read alot about people breaking out like crazy after quitting b5. That has me worrying. I plan on taking this pill for a year then b4 I quit I will go on a crazy healthy diet for a few weeks. And then I will likely switch to Taurine, and maybe Doxy depending on my situation. So far so good though, I dont even wear a hat anymore thats how much better I look! My face is a bit pale though and I got rings under my eyes, school has me sleep deprived lol.

I dont get any cysts anymore. But I have gotten a few small pimples along the jawline, not noticalble but they hurt for a day. And I got on in my eyebrow. But other than that I am really suprised how well B5 is working. Im moreso hoping that I am growing out of acne for the most part since my acne was starting to go away b4 I started b5. But anyways.

I have read alot about people breaking out like crazy after quitting b5. That has me worrying. I plan on taking this pill for a year then b4 I quit I will go on a crazy healthy diet for a few weeks. And then I will likely switch to Taurine, and maybe Doxy depending on my situation. So far so good though, I dont even wear a hat anymore thats how much better I look! My face is a bit pale though and I got rings under my eyes, school has me sleep deprived lol.

I dont use anything strong, or anything with alcohol. I use suki lemongrass cleanser, and then I use their facial cream during the day. Those are all 100% natural ingredients on those products.

I got another breakout. On the chin again. I dont know what to do to stop the chin breakouts. I have this one pimple on the chin/lip that breaks out then goes away, then comes back again etc. And on top of that, the only cysts I seem to get now are on the chin, as I have one formulating right now right on the center-left on my chin. They are really really painful today, I hate when that happens cuz it makes you think about the acne all day long. I hate acne. I plan on killing it.

DAY 37

I currently have no acne.

This stuff works wonders. My only problem is that I think my acne will come back once I go off it. I am searching for an alternative that I can switch to after I take b5 for probably around a year. Ive noticed though that if I eat somethin really bad like a meatball sub, it will cause a pimple or two, but it will heal faster and most of them are not inflammed. I feel great, I have no acne! Just scars that are fading thanks to Suki carrot serum!

DAY 39

Breakout! Crazy breakout, on both cheeks which have been clear and I thought finished for acne production. Now its back, I pissed Mr.Acne off and he is coming back with a vengence. I ate pan fried chicken yesterday which I think may have attributed to Mr.Acne awakening. The acne isnt visible yet, but it is below the skin and its going to rise to the top soon, they are cysts. Lets see how this goes about. Im glad I dont have school tomorrow!

DAY 40

Acne is gone, it healed over night. Those cysts that seemed hellbound healed over night! the redness is gone and they never surfaced! I love b5 I feel so great, havnt felt like this for 2 years. But I need to find an alternative, this stuff wont last and I think I will pay dearly after I go off B5.

Big Update!

Ok, I have to say, after about a month so far I think I am pretty impressed with b5. My only doubt is that it is wnter. The summer months in my experience are far worse for acne because of the hmidity and moisture it creates on my face. I looked lik a walking pepperoni pizza in the summer lol. I hope that with continuing b5 myacne will stay at a low rate in the humid summer months, it will be humid(damned global warming).

I havbeen pissed off the last few posts, but in truth the amount of acne I have been getting is FAR less than wgat I normally get. It just gets agrivating when youhave almost a clear face and you get a few pimples the next day. Especially when you havnt beenclear for more than a year.

The only problem is, that even when im clear now, I still look like I have horrible acne. The damned scarring just looks horrible. I dontknow what to do aboutit. Can anyone offer any advie as to what to take or do about scarring? I prefernatural treatments, but whatever it takes will make me happy.

Also, I am not planning of scar treatment just yet, im going to wait 2 months or so until I am consistently clear.

Ok it all acne was gone for a while again. Now I got 2 new pimples in areas where I used to always get them. Like those "volcano" spots on the face that always return. One on my eyebrow and one on the temple. Those spots just keep returning, I hope that the b5 is purging them so they dont come back.

DAY 58

Wow I cnt believe its been this long. Acne is currently not too good. I keep getting a few spots a week, and I always get one good one that is in an annoying spot, like the buddha one forming right now. It angers me cuz the rest of my face looks pretty good, then you get the mark of buddha and it ruins it all lol. Anyways, I think I went through another purging, maybe I am almost over it. I am going to go on till day 90-100(3 months) then I will slowly reduce.

Also, I cant decide whether I should start taking my DIM with Calcium D-glucerate yet or if I should wait until I go off B5. We shall see, if I do start taking it soon I will change the title to "B5 + DIM Regimine" nobody on here can top that yet I believe lol.

Day 66

I am having the worse breakout. This is HORRiBLE! I look like my old self again.

I have not changed my eating habits I dont understand this! I have 6 massive red cysts on my cheeks and side of face, and now one forming right in the middle of my eyebrows but just under. I am strongly starting to doubt B5! I hope it straightens out because I am now skipping school because of this. I look evil, like a freakin demon or something, my face is all red and swollen. I hope by day 90 this damned acne goes away.

And worse of all, my DIM hasnt arrived yet, and fr all I know it will take a few more weeks because its shipping from the US.

Chamomile I cant tell if its working yet, ive only been using as a tea for two days, my starting taking after my really bad breakout. It hasnt made anyting worse though.

I tried just now using it as a topical, will let you know results later.