Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DAY 70

I got another smallish one on the left side of my cheek, but that came into a head in a day and it's kind of shrinking now. So, basically I have no actives. Just some drying up. hurrah.

On the other note, face is red and blotchy.

I'm very tired today. got an hour of sleep and had a 14 hour day schedule. was traumatized at work, traumatized at school and now I'm watching "intervention" on youtube about a guy struggling with alcoholism, and it's very sad.. it's called "Lawrence" if anyone wants to check it out.

btw, forgot to add, my inners feel weird today. hard to explain. It's like when I go drink heavily, and the next morning I don't quite have a hangover but I have this slightly nauseating feeling in my gut, and it goes away after a meal or two. It's happening to me right now, but I haven't had any alcohol in a month or so and this has been going on for a couple of days!

Hi Juin!

Cant believe how much accutane costs over there! I seriously cannot fathom how much a couple of pills are! Over here on the NHS they are only like $12 each prescription. Unlucky.

Ive been feeling the stomach irritation too, in fact for the past month or so I'll have the odd day where I just feel uncomfortable for no reason at all. Im pretty sure its just a side effect of the tane and nothing to worry about.

Good to hear your doing well!

Yes JoeBloggs, it sucks to pay so much for accutane. I will probably have to be careful not to get sick till August or make do with OTC drugs. I'm guessing NHS is a british healthcare system? oh and I figured that the odd gut feeling is from dehydration. makes sense, no?

DAY 83

My skin is doing well. no actives. there were little bumps that popped up a couple of days ago and disappeared pretty quickly so I'm pretty satisfied. I changed skin care products because I didn't like how large my pores were looking despite the fact that I wasn't producing much oil. I also did a yogurt mask the other day, and I think it really helped in fading the red marks. I went out in public today without putting make up on! the red marks are still pretty pronounced but I can live with this.

I can't wait to live without make up. woohoo!

side effects are rash on the back of both hands and more hair falling out than usual.

DAY 98

Wow. didn't realize it was so long since I've updated. what is there to say...not much acne going on. I still get these little bumps deap underneat the skin where I used to get acne. They make me hyperventilate because they will probably come back after tane. I'll have to find a miracle worker in the one month window of post tane clearness I'm guaranteed with.

I've been experimenting with not using shampoo on my hair as to fight hair loss problems and the amount of hair I lose now is kind of ridonkulous. I haven't lost so much hair since the days of using pantene. so much for simplifying life. now I feel like a dirty hobo with flakey, greasy smelling hair (which I will have none of by the end of next month at this rate) who only showers twice a week. woohoo! whatev. at least I'm clear for the moment.

Seriously, every attempt I have made to become environmentally friendly/ all natural/ organic has bit me in the ass so far except for fresh produce and yogurt.

I've done the tane thing too.. about a month and a half post tane and still totally clear! Nothin but glory to come yer way!

If yer worried about hormones affectin acne, its been said that "Spiro" does the trick!

Good luck!

I'm on day 27 and just got really gross blackheads about a week ago that won't go away on my nose. Did you ever get rid of yours? did they ever go away naturally?

Raquelle,

Yes they are usually the first to go. It's weird they will just start coming out in strings!!!! WEIRD! It will happen soon.

Raquelle,

Yes they are usually the first to go. It's weird they will just start coming out in strings!!!! WEIRD! It will happen soon.

I've done the tane thing too.. about a month and a half post tane and still totally clear! Nothin but glory to come yer way!

If yer worried about hormones affectin acne, its been said that "Spiro" does the trick!

Good luck!

Hi. Have you skipped a few days or am I just calculating my number of days wrong? As you see I started 1/17 and today is my 99th day! Gosh.. :D Tomorrow I'll hit the bar :D Almost half way for me though.

Hope you will be in good shape till the end of your course and I'm really confident that you will. There is no reason why you wouldn't. Just think about those rainbows and unicorns, helps for me, at least :P

Hey juin you mentioned bumps underneath the skin, well I think I get the exact same thing, except that they couple of centimeters, they are pretty much located on where I had severe acne ages ago.

On some days they feel worse then others (especially when ive moisturised )but Ive had them for a while now, mainly on my right cheek, I do break out on those areas sometimes but I dont think its got anything to do with the bumps though, but yeah I dont know, I would guess it is just some raised scar tissue of some sort but either way Im constantly paranoid that one day they will just kind of explode but ive had em so long, since way before I started accutane so Im 80% sure its just scar tissue under the skin.

Hi. Have you skipped a few days or am I just calculating my number of days wrong? As you see I started 1/17 and today is my 99th day! Gosh.. :D Tomorrow I'll hit the bar :D Almost half way for me though.

Hope you will be in good shape till the end of your course and I'm really confident that you will. There is no reason why you wouldn't. Just think about those rainbows and unicorns, helps for me, at least :P

My course ended at day 140 on the 6/06/08 (yes I skipped a couple of days to go out drinking).

Here are the photo results:

post-66411-1212858088_thumb.jpg

DAY 1

post-66411-1212858592_thumb.jpg

DAY 7

post-66411-1212858162_thumb.jpg

um, so I had like four bouts of those big things coming up here and there in waves of a month or a few weeks. Didn't really record them all, because it did no good for my mental health.

post-66411-1212858180_thumb.jpg

That's the last day. the left one is more in focus, and shows what my skin is like right now more accurately. yeah, shit was so messed up to begin with, I'm definitely glad I did accutane.

post-66411-1212858088_thumb.jpg

post-66411-1212858162_thumb.jpg

post-66411-1212858180_thumb.jpg

post-66411-1212858592_thumb.jpg

So it's been about a month since my last pill. I've had small bumps come up a few times (one on my temple, one on my chin and one next to my lip) but they never turned into anything and disappeared after a few days. oil came back, but my pores actually look smaller than when I was on tane. My pores on my nose were exceptionally large during my course even though there was nothing coming out of it. Maybe I was using the wrong products or maybe shit just stretched out too much when all that junk came out while using accutane. I think I found some products without bp that actually have been working for me so yeah. things aren't too bad.

red marks are healing albeit slowly. didn't put on sunscreen on a cloudy day. I was on the bus that didn't have curtains or blinds and the UV rays got to me so my red marks got a bit darker but that was a temporary setback.