Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mboona

don't know what else to use

i've tried proactive and for a few years it helped reduce breakouts but I still had occasional large cystic break outs on my forehead and especially my chin. My T zone is very oily but my cheeks are extremely dry. During the winter months my chin started to become dry and have broken out pretty badly and the rest of my face remains generally clear. I tried the clearpores system with the salicylic acid and it doesnt cause itchiness like the proactive but it seems to be breaking out my chin even more even though the breakouts are a lot smaller than before. The first week of switching over my chin purged and for the next few weeks it was clear except for the dark spots that remained until now i've started to break out again. I then started to use proactive in the morning and that didn't help much with breakouts either. the breakouts aren't alot, they are one or two on my chin here and there, but with the dark marks left over they don't look too good! I am afraid of going to the dermetologist and not getting results or using something that will make it even worse, but right now I have no idea what to even put on my face.

Hi, Have you tried any Jan Marini products? if not then they are worth a go. I went to a private dermatologist last year before my wedding to try and get my skin clear for the big day, and like you I have mild to moderate acne. She gave me the BIOGLYCOLIC oily skin cleansing gel which I use morning and night and BIOGLYCOLIC acne gel 1, which I apply morning and night to affected areas and also was advised with the acne gel to dab onto a new spot that was forming, but be carefull make sure your skin isn't to sensative for that. Also the benzoyl peroxide in the Jan Marini range is better than most as it appears not to dry your skin as much as some of the other brands, but you need patients useing benzoyl peroxide as it takes a while to work for some people. Jan Marini has a website that you can buy the products from. I also had 3 glycolic peels and 3 microdermabrasions and my skin was the best it had been in years for my wedding so as you can imagine I was over the moon. Also an other option is Nlite laser I've heared good reports, not tried it my self but maybe worth a go if all else fails. I think the best thing to remember is that you will eventually find something that will help, even if you do end up going to the dermatologist as a last resort. I hope this has been helpfull for you and good luck

Charlie ;)