Notifications
Clear all

anyone with sensitive skin use vitamin e oil?

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 01/13/2008 9:33 pm

During my grocery shopping trip to trader joes, I ran across some vitamin E oil. I decided to buy it because Im considering using it at night. Im worried about it though because I had a horrible reaction to Desert Essence Jojoba Oil. Have any of you with extremely sensitive skin used vitamin e oil on your face? Did it break you out or it helped?

MemberMember
(@addie)

Posted : 01/13/2008 10:09 pm

I haven't tried it, but vitamin E is rated a 0 for comedogenicity and irritancy on 2 sites I checked.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 01/13/2008 10:35 pm

Well, my finacea has dried (I usually wait fifteen to twenty minutes for it to dry but this time I waited thirty minutes) and then I applied the vitamin e oil from trader joes all over my face. I it doesnt break me out. Here are the ingredients: Soybean oil, Vitamin E (dl-alpha-tocopherylacetate), Coconut Oil, Contains 24,000 International Units of Vitamin E Oil per 4 fl.oz (118 mL).

MemberMember
(@headtrip_honey)

Posted : 01/13/2008 11:18 pm

According to Paula Begoun, all those ingredients are good for your skin, and nonirritating!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 01/13/2008 11:39 pm

headtrip_honey said:
According to Paula Begoun , all those ingredients are good for your skin, and nonirritating!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@bryan)

Posted : 01/13/2008 11:52 pm

During my grocery shopping trip to trader joes, I ran across some vitamin E oil. I decided to buy it because Im considering using it at night.
MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 01/14/2008 12:00 am

During my grocery shopping trip to trader joes, I ran across some vitamin E oil. I decided to buy it because Im considering using it at night.

For what purpose?

MemberMember
(@addie)

Posted : 01/14/2008 7:53 pm

Soybean oil rates a 3 out of 5 for comedogenicity and coconut oil rates a 4 out of 5. I don't know how much of those are in the product, but I'd be careful if there could be a lot.

Pure jojoba oil is rated 0-2. I'm guessing the variation is due to the environment the jojoba is grown in.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 01/14/2008 10:45 pm

Soybean oil rates a 3 out of 5 for comedogenicity and coconut oil rates a 4 out of 5. I don't know how much of those are in the product, but I'd be careful if there could be a lot.

Pure jojoba oil is rated 0-2. I'm guessing the variation is due to the environment the jojoba is grown in.

MemberMember
(@headtrip_honey)

Posted : 01/14/2008 10:47 pm

Oh f***! Im so tired of all these products making my breakouts worse. Where are you getting this info by the way?

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 01/14/2008 11:45 pm

The first column is labeled FAMILY. The second column is labeled NAME. The third and fourth are COMEDOGENICITY GRADE and IRRITATION GRADE.

So, let's say want to find coconut oil. Look it up under NAME. It is a member of the Natural oils FAMILY as stated in the first column label. COM grade is 4 (BAD!) and IRRITATION is 1 (not bad).

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 01/15/2008 12:07 am

Man both my vitamin e oil and my cerave moisturizing cream Ive been raving about are comedogenic. The third ingredient on my CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is Ceteareth 20 and Ceteatryl alcohol which rates 4 in comedogenic. URGH! That moisturizer cost me $18!

MemberMember
(@addie)

Posted : 01/15/2008 12:18 am

If there's enough of the first 2, maybe the 3rd ingredient is at a concentration that isn't comedogenic? You seem to really like Cerave, and if it hasn't broke you out yet . . .

I use the zerozits site and another one, but zerozits is where I pulled that info for you.

I like cosmeticscop, too, but I error towards the conservative side on whoever says what is comedogenic. (She warns against titanium dioxide for acne prone people, while zerozits gives it a 0. I still, at least, prepare for a possible breakout when trying products with titanium dioxide in them.)

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 01/15/2008 12:29 am

If there's enough of the first 2, maybe the 3rd ingredient is at a concentration that isn't comedogenic? You seem to really like Cerave, and if it hasn't broke you out yet . . .

I use the zerozits site and another one, but zerozits is where I pulled that info for you.

I like cosmeticscop, too, but I error towards the conservative side on whoever says what is comedogenic. (She warns against titanium dioxide for acne prone people, while zerozits gives it a 0. I still, at least, prepare for a possible breakout when trying products with titanium dioxide in them.)

MemberMember
(@crazygamar)

Posted : 01/15/2008 4:34 am

I think the big question is, did any of these products your using break you out? Such as the CeraVe, did ths bother your acne or no? If so toss them. But I wouldnt base your decisions solely on those charts. I use products containing algae and carrageenan which are rated with a 5 and I have no problems at all, actually quite the opposite, I think those ingredients help my acne. But if you went by the charts it would say thats impossible and they are highly pore clogging.

I think your best bet, and I know it sucks, but is to experiment. I hate it to, you try so many things and they break you out. But not everyone is the same. One product or one ingredient that claims to be pore clogging may not be for another person. Im getting ready to use a moisturizer with cocoa butter and coconut oil which I believe both rate a 4 and I cant say im too concerned about it.

Another example, Jojoba oil, Ive read a few posts from you saying it broke you out, its rated a 0 on most charts meaning it passes, but yet it breaks out a ton of people. You posted a whole topic before and got a lot of replies from people who agreed. It really just depends on your skin.

I hope that helped a little bit :)

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 01/15/2008 11:29 am

I think the big question is, did any of these products your using break you out? Such as the CeraVe, did ths bother your acne or no? If so toss them. But I wouldnt base your decisions solely on those charts. I use products containing algae and carrageenan which are rated with a 5 and I have no problems at all, actually quite the opposite, I think those ingredients help my acne. But if you went by the charts it would say thats impossible and they are highly pore clogging.

I think your best bet, and I know it sucks, but is to experiment. I hate it to, you try so many things and they break you out. But not everyone is the same. One product or one ingredient that claims to be pore clogging may not be for another person. Im getting ready to use a moisturizer with cocoa butter and coconut oil which I believe both rate a 4 and I cant say im too concerned about it.

Another example, Jojoba oil, Ive read a few posts from you saying it broke you out, its rated a 0 on most charts meaning it passes, but yet it breaks out a ton of people. You posted a whole topic before and got a lot of replies from people who agreed. It really just depends on your skin.

I hope that helped a little bit :)

MemberMember
(@samantha1216)

Posted : 01/18/2019 2:16 pm

I use it on my 11 linesbetween my eyebrows. Normally for my daily routine after washing my face I use FOTE (Fruit of the Earth) Aloe Vera 100% mixed with a couple drops of Trader Joes Argan Oil and rub it in hands to mix them and then gently rub into my skin to nourish it. I have combination skin that's very sensitive and I've found that this works miracles. I only use the Vitamin E for any acne scars or wrinkles and use it as a spot treatment. The Vitamin E is quickly absorbed and doesn't leave a greasy residue. Of course it's not pure Vitamine E or aloe which would be preferred, but in a bottle it's a great product and I'd definitely recommend it.