Notifications
Clear all

Magnesium might heal you

MemberMember
(@and1)

Posted : 01/13/2008 5:58 pm

Right now I am looking into it and I keep you posted.

My face is clear but on my back things are not 100%. I started liver flushing in August and it is helped a lot, also my face, but as everybody knows nobody has a clue why they work. I think it might be the Epsomsalts that help me.

I am taking now every day 500 to 1000mg of magnesium through magnesiumcitrate powder (magnesium content only 9%), usually before I sleep and I sleep great. I have dreams I can remember every night, it is awesome.

MemberMember
(@user47728)

Posted : 01/13/2008 9:47 pm

Did you just start that today? When I was taking 400mg of magnesium citrate every day, it was majorly laxative, you can't maintain normal electrolytes when you're "flushing" every single day. I can only imagine what 500-1000mg will do!

MemberMember
(@and1)

Posted : 01/14/2008 9:12 am

i am aktually taking magnesiumhydrogencitrat it is supposedly absorbed very good by the body. it was recommended to me by the pharmacy for daily use. my digestion has not changed. i am taking it since almost 2 weeks and feel great. it is definitifly at the dosis that i am taking not a laxative.

MemberMember
(@user47728)

Posted : 01/14/2008 4:11 pm

i am aktually taking magnesiumhydrogencitrat it is supposedly absorbed very good by the body. it was recommended to me by the pharmacy for daily use. my digestion has not changed. i am taking it since almost 2 weeks and feel great. it is definitifly at the dosis that i am taking not a laxative.
MemberMember
(@livesinabox)

Posted : 01/14/2008 6:20 pm

Right now I am looking into it and I keep you posted.

My face is clear but on my back things are not 100%. I started liver flushing in August and it is helped a lot, also my face, but as everybody knows nobody has a clue why they work. I think it might be the Epsomsalts that help me.

I am taking now every day 500 to 1000mg of magnesium through magnesiumcitrate powder (magnesium content only 9%), usually before I sleep and I sleep great. I have dreams I can remember every night, it is awesome.

MemberMember
(@rakbs)

Posted : 01/14/2008 7:54 pm

I think that magnesium is an often overlooked macromineral. Usually people consider calcium and iron to be more important; otherwise, people only use magnesium in order to help with the absorption of zinc and calcium, but like Lili said most people don't get enough of it in their diets. The best source (nuts) don't let the magnesium get absorbed very well, and other than that there aren't any relatively common, good sources, the highest amount being about 10% of the RDA.

MemberMember
(@and1)

Posted : 01/16/2008 10:21 am

you guys are right. the skin on my back is healing right now continuously.

the only side effect i am experiencing: terrible nightsweats especially in the lower part of the body

MemberMember
(@livesinabox)

Posted : 01/16/2008 3:08 pm

you guys are right. the skin on my back is healing right now continuously.

the only side effect i am experiencing: terrible nightsweats especially in the lower part of the body

MemberMember
(@and1)

Posted : 01/16/2008 3:42 pm

i take vitamin c and magnesium now together and do not want to add any more stuff. I eat a lot of vegtables and fruits, I do not need anything else. Especially Vitamin B is in Europe only available in tablets and those contain all kinds of ingredients I do not want in my body such as titaniumoxide.... I think the nightsweats are a detox reaction.

MemberMember
(@and1)

Posted : 01/17/2008 4:57 pm

well my skin on my back is healing at lighspeed right now and the skin on my upper arms which was always real dry is almost perfect. what is the reason?

1. The five EPSOM salts baths I took about 2 weeks ago within the course of 10 days

2. The liver flush that I did about 2 weeks, the biggest stone yet came out

3. The regular dosis of magnesium and vitamin C that I take in the evenings

help me out!

MemberMember
(@calla-lily)

Posted : 01/17/2008 6:49 pm

Do you think I could just mix epsom salts and water, put it in a spray bottle, and spritz it all over my back every night instead of taking baths? or do I have to wash it off? I don't want to waste water...

MemberMember
(@user47728)

Posted : 01/17/2008 8:27 pm

Do you think I could just mix epsom salts and water, put it in a spray bottle, and spritz it all over my back every night instead of taking baths? or do I have to wash it off? I don't want to waste water...
MemberMember
(@calla-lily)

Posted : 01/18/2008 1:00 am

If you do that, when the water dries you'll have a very fine epsom salt powder all over you. I found actually that if I did that, and let it dry into a powder, and then used jojoba oil to keep it from flaking off, it healed an eczema rash I had nearly completely. I'd had that rash for about 5 years and nothing else worked, so it was pretty amazing. It took about 2-3 weeks of doing that every day to make it go away

MemberMember
(@and1)

Posted : 01/18/2008 10:16 am

it would definitely help, but bathing has a stronger effect pulling out the toxins and really speeding up your skin's metab

MemberMember
(@and1)

Posted : 01/19/2008 11:32 am

If anyone has tips on magnesium I would appreciate it. There is a whole range of different magnesium supplements available and it is hard to know which one the right one. I would like to get my hands on magnesiumoxide powder for the benefits many people promise about this product, but it is not availbale in powder in Spain or Germany. At least I did not find it on the net and I am not sure whether regulation allow it to be importet in larger quantities in the EU. Is magnesiumoxide worth it? Supposently it helps to prevent kidney stones and is a cleanser for your intestines. The oxides are supposed to kill the bad bacteria.

Any info is welcomed.

MemberMember
(@user47728)

Posted : 01/19/2008 1:52 pm

If anyone has tips on magnesium I would appreciate it. There is a whole range of different magnesium supplements available and it is hard to know which one the right one. I would like to get my hands on magnesiumoxide powder for the benefits many people promise about this product, but it is not availbale in powder in Spain or Germany. At least I did not find it on the net and I am not sure whether regulation allow it to be importet in larger quantities in the EU. Is magnesiumoxide worth it? Supposently it helps to prevent kidney stones and is a cleanser for your intestines. The oxides are supposed to kill the bad bacteria.

Any info is welcomed.

MemberMember
(@bryan)

Posted : 01/19/2008 6:30 pm

Magnesium oxide is just about the least absorbable form of magnesium available.
MemberMember
(@calla-lily)

Posted : 01/22/2008 1:10 am

Okay, so I've been trying the epsom baths. I've bathed in them 3x in a row so far. I don't really see a huge difference yet, but no new breakouts on my back so far.

My sister was concerned that I could overdose on magnesium just by bathing in it. Is this true?

MemberMember
(@and1)

Posted : 01/22/2008 2:12 pm

I did those baths every second day for 30 to 40 minutes using 2 to 3 cups of Epsom salts for 10 days and nothing happened (also put a cup of ACV in). Besides you are likely to be deficient anyways. If you are worried about toxicity take a close look at your eyes, if they turn a bit yellow you overdose. I would do the regimen I did for those ten days and take a break to see if it helped.

MemberMember
(@and1)

Posted : 01/25/2008 4:56 pm

Magnesium is important to carbohydrate metabolism. It may influence the release and activity of insulin, the hormone that helps control blood glucose levels. Elevated blood glucose levels increase the loss of magnesium in the urine, which in turn lowers blood levels of magnesium. This explains why low blood levels of magnesium (hypomagnesemia) are seen in poorly controlled type 1 and type 2 diabetes.

68% of the US population do not meet the US RDA for levels of magnesium. ( http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=10709 )

Many people do not get enough magnesium from their diet for reasons including the following:

* The amount of magnesium in the soil in which the food is grown may be reduced.

* Magnesium can be lost in the processing and refining of foods and in making oils from the magnesium-rich nuts and seeds. Nearly 85% of the magnesium in grains is lost during the milling of flours.

* Soaking and boiling foods can leach magnesium into the water, so the "pot liquor" from cooking vegetables may be high in magnesium and other minerals.

* Oxalic acid in vegetables such as rhubarb, spinach and chard, and phytic acid in some grains may form insoluble salts with magnesium, causing it to be eliminated rather than absorbed.

* Supplemental vitamin D or calcium reduces magnesium uptake.

* Diets high in phosphorus (meat, milk products, lentils, seeds, beans, nuts, chocolate, peanut butter, bran) reduce magnesium uptake.

* Magnesium elimination is increased in people who use alcohol, caffeine or excess sugar, or who take diuretics or birth control pills.

* Magnesium is absorbed toward the end of the small intestine. If any portion of this area (called the ileum) has been removed, magnesium absorption will be reduced.

MemberMember
(@livesinabox)

Posted : 01/25/2008 9:46 pm

Thought this might interest you (came across it while doing more taurine research)

importance_of_magnesium_to_human

Prevention and Treatment of Magnesium Deficiency Using Oral and Injectable Magnesium

For people who suffer from chronic magnesium deficiency and also to prevent the development of this condition, oral magnesium supplements can be quite useful. Magnesium is available in many forms. The cheapest is probably magnesium oxide, but this form is not absorbed as well as some other forms, which include chelated magnesium, magnesium glycinate and magnesium aspartate. Dr. Baker feels that the prescription form of magnesium chloride, known as Slow-mag, has been most useful for his patients. I have found that magnesium taurate, an unusual form of magnesium in which magnesium is chemically combined with the amino acid derivative taurine, is particularly well utilized and beneficial. This is because some of the same effects that one hopes to get from magnesium, such as the calming effect on the nervous system, and the strengthening effect on heart muscle, is also gotten with taurine. So, the two are synergistic together. I use it in all forms of cardiac and nervous system disorders.

MemberMember
(@user47728)

Posted : 01/25/2008 9:51 pm

Thought this might interest you (came across it while doing more taurine research)

importance_of_magnesium_to_human

Prevention and Treatment of Magnesium Deficiency Using Oral and Injectable Magnesium

For people who suffer from chronic magnesium deficiency and also to prevent the development of this condition, oral magnesium supplements can be quite useful. Magnesium is available in many forms. The cheapest is probably magnesium oxide, but this form is not absorbed as well as some other forms, which include chelated magnesium, magnesium glycinate and magnesium aspartate. Dr. Baker feels that the prescription form of magnesium chloride, known as Slow-mag, has been most useful for his patients. I have found that magnesium taurate, an unusual form of magnesium in which magnesium is chemically combined with the amino acid derivative taurine, is particularly well utilized and beneficial. This is because some of the same effects that one hopes to get from magnesium, such as the calming effect on the nervous system, and the strengthening effect on heart muscle, is also gotten with taurine. So, the two are synergistic together. I use it in all forms of cardiac and nervous system disorders.

Magnesium Taurine (Taurate)

Magnesium Taurine is magnesium bound to the amino acid taurine with a very high absorption rate because it forms a very strong bond in the digestive system, thus ensuring a better chance of optimal absorption. Magnesium is an essential ingredient in many processes in the body like energy production, digestion, brain function and immunity. Magnesium Taurate may be helpful in the support of concentration and memory recall. Taurine is the most prevalent amino acid in heart tissue and is a transport agent for magnesium in the cerebral circulation. Taurine interacts with bile salts and cholesterol, to maintain their solubility, thus helping to reduce gallstone formation and also helps conserve potassium and calcium in the heart muscle, thereby helping to support cardiovascular function. Taurine requirements increase when the individual is under stress, consequently influencing insulin and blood sugar levels.
MemberMember
(@honey90)

Posted : 01/26/2008 3:35 am

do you mean magnesium like epsom salt? could i just drink a small amount of epsom salt daily? or woud that be bad?

MemberMember
(@and1)

Posted : 01/26/2008 4:13 am

As soon as my Magnesiumhydrogencitrat runs out I will get me some Magnesium Taurine. I just googled for this stuff, if anyone comes across MagTaurine powder, please leave a message.

MemberMember
(@livesinabox)

Posted : 01/26/2008 6:15 am

I believe they call it magnesium taurate - i know CR do some but it's very low dose. I think the douglas labs one is the same, although it doesn't mention taurine (or anything else for that matter).

Magnesium Taurate