Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm not sure if anyone else gets this or has even noticed it, but I personally feel that people think i'm younger than I am purely because of my acne. Generally you see someone with acne you think they're 17-19 not 20 odd (i'm 22). I do wonder sometimes if I didn't have acne would I still get confused on looking younger, personally I don't think I would. I used to take it as a compliment until I actually thought about this and realised that I probably didn't look younger at all, it was just I had acne :confused: Anyone else get this?

I doubt people think I look younger than I am, they tend to think I'm older for some reason. My problem is I feel like people treat me younger because of my acne. I once had a prospective girlfriend make the comment "Oh wow, I thought you were out of puberty!" Let's just say it didn't work out. But then again, I think people tend to treat acne sufferers different than others regardless of their age. They either think of you as younger, they think of you as inferior, or they... I don't know. See what i mean though?

I know what you mean. I find some people think i'm not as confident as I actually am because of the acne. I guess it's fair as you don't expect acne sufferers want to attract attention to themselves.

Well I'm 23 and everywhere i go I'm getting asked for I.d, it's strange. My b/f is 27 and looks 18 too, we always get asked.

We went out with his parents the other night just at a local rsl club and we both got asked and she said wow you too look good for your age. It's always a plus I guess for the compliment atleast.

Hello! Well, in my case, that I am close to 26 years everyone will still tells me that I look a kid. Of course people who say this are always more older than me. I do not know whether it is because of the little beard, for having acne or by my young mind, I do not know ...

Nobody never gave me my age, always less than the real. I am always younger in the eyes of the people ... After all acne is not the worst thing in the world full of disadvantages :) ahahahah I have to see the positive side the thing is not true? If because of this, at least this is a point in favor! Stay well. Love and Kisses

yeah maybe acne's got something to do with it, but then again you probably just look young regardless.

people always think i'm younger than i am. everyone guesses me at 25, its almost uncanny how everyone guesses the same.

so if someone asks me how old i am, its got to the point where i'll just say "4 years older than i look".. and they'll look at me for a bit and then invariably say "29?" its so reliable it cracks people up when im like "yeah 29" lol i love it :D

yeah maybe acne's got something to do with it, but then again you probably just look young regardless.

people always think i'm younger than i am. everyone guesses me at 25, its almost uncanny how everyone guesses the same.

so if someone asks me how old i am, its got to the point where i'll just say "4 years older than i look".. and they'll look at me for a bit and then invariably say "29?" its so reliable it cracks people up when im like "yeah 29" lol i love it :D

That's awesome lol

i've had really bad acne for the last two years which is only now starting to go away. people still think i'm about five years older than i am... has happened all my life.

so no acne doesn't always affect age perception

Haha i'll just take it as a compliment then :). The amount of times I get confused for being a 19 year old it's mad. Though it doesn't happen as often these days but people still don't think i'm as old as I am. Let's hope it stays that way lol

Always been seen as younger than I am, the acne probably perpetuates this but I do look quite young anyway. Had my hair cut a few months ago and apparantly that makes me look even younger. I think a lot of it has to do with confidence as well though, somebody who behaves like their 19 will probably be seen as such I think.

Most people think I'm a lot younger than I am too, but I don't think it's because of acne. When I was in high school I didn't have acne and at 15 I could still pass myself off as a 12 year old and get the children's buffet at pizza hutt and pay childs fair on the bus. When I was in college some lady asked me if I went to high school with her daughter? Even today people tell me they think I'm 20 or 21.

I'm 26 and still getting asked all the time. Once, when I was about 23 I went to play the lottery and the lady behind the counter asked to see an ID as you're not allowed to play if you're below 16. lol A few months later the same thing happened when I went to the hospital for exams, the doctor thought I was 16 as well!

Maybe that explains why a friend of mine who looks about 30 attracts most of the male compliments when we go out. Maybe they think they will be called perverts if they talk to me...lol

If it wasn't for my acne though (which is mild) I think I'd look closer to my age; still younger though because I think I got the genes from my mom who is 61 but looks 37.

In a free dating website where I signed up (but just for fun), I got thousands of clicks on my profile and hundreds of messages in my inbox only in a few weeks! I suppose it's because I'm wearing makeup in the photo I have posted...By the way I'm not replying to anyone who has messaged me so far. Many of them are really good-looking and have the personality to match. But I'm not feeling confident AT ALL for anyone to look at me up close when they meet me for a date. So I keep postponing the day that I will finally have an actual date...:(

I'm 26 and still getting asked all the time. Once, when I was about 23 I went to play the lottery and the lady behind the counter asked to see an ID as you're not allowed to play if you're below 16. lol A few months later the same thing happened when I went to the hospital for exams, the doctor thought I was 16 as well!

Maybe that explains why a friend of mine who looks about 30 attracts most of the male compliments when we go out. Maybe they think they will be called perverts if they talk to me...lol

If it wasn't for my acne though (which is mild) I think I'd look closer to my age; still younger though because I think I got the genes from my mom who is 61 but looks 37.

In a free dating website where I signed up (but just for fun), I got thousands of clicks on my profile and hundreds of messages in my inbox only in a few weeks! I suppose it's because I'm wearing makeup in the photo I have posted...By the way I'm not replying to anyone who has messaged me so far. Many of them are really good-looking and have the personality to match. But I'm not feeling confident AT ALL for anyone to look at me up close when they meet me for a date. So I keep postponing the day that I will finally have an actual date...:(

I can't get served cigarettes or alcohol,,

So everywhere i go I need to take my trusty british passport.

Also when the grand national was on last year I had a small bet on as much of the country does, But the lady at the counter didn't serve me even though i was 23 coming up for 24.

So i gues you should take it as a compliment, Im glad I look younger than my age.