Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After washing my face with Cetaphil cleansing lotion for a month and then having to stop using it because it made my skin red and like it was burning everytime i used it. i thought id give jojoba and castor oil a go. I have been using it for about a week and i know its not very long but my skin feels and looks much better than it did when i was using cetaphil also my skin has cleared up i am on antibiotics too and have been for around 10weeks.

When i looked up Jojoba oil on wikipedia this is what i found:

*Unlike common vegetable oils, jojoba oil is chemically very similar to human sebum. Most jojoba oil is consumed as an ingredient in cosmetics and personal care products, especially skin care and hair care. Jojoba derivatives, including jojoba esters, isopropyl jojobate and jojoba alcohol, are particularly widely used in this context.

When i looked up Castor oil this is what i found:

*Ricinoleic acid is the main component of castor oil and it exerts anti-inflammatory effects.[20]

*Traditional or folk medicines

The use of cold pressed castor oil in folk medicine predates government regulations. Cold pressed castor oil is tasteless and odorless when pure. Uses include skin problems, burns, sunburns, skin disorders, skin cuts, abrasions, etc.

The oil is also used as a rub or pack for various ailments, including abdominal complaints, headaches, muscle pains, inflammatory conditions, skin eruptions, lesions, and sinusitis. A castor oil pack is made by soaking a piece of flannel in castor oil, then putting it on the area of complaint and placing a heat source, such as a hot water bottle, on top of it. This remedy was often suggested by the American Healing Psychic, Edgar Cayce, given in many healing readings in the early to mid-1900s.[31]

Hi~

Have you been using it like the Oil Cleansing Method? There's some really good information on using oils for cleansing on this site and the internet. One night, almost out of desperation when my skin was horribly dry and irritated from the BP and cold weather, I just grabbed some extra virgin olive oil out of my kitchen cabinet, massaged like a dime-sized amount into my skin, nothing else, and the next day my skin was feeling much better. It was then that I began reading about the OCM, modified the method a bit for my liking, and now I continue to use it in rotation with my other cleansing products at night, not in the morning.

I first use a mild cleanser to remove my makeup before massaging the castor oil and jojoba or castor oil and extra virgin olive oil into my skin because I just don't like leaving on my makeup and feeling like I'm massaging that into my skin. Then I apply my choice of oils, using the castor as the cleansing oil and either jojoba or olive. When I'm ready to remove the oil, I simply use warm water to wash away the excess. It seems to leave a little behind, which I use as a moisturizer before my BP and any other products I may use at night. So far, I would have to say it does calm down my skin too. I was surprised to read all the stuff on it!

Hope you have continued success with it!

hi :]

i was wondering..

where did you buy your jojoba and castor oil at?

i've been looking for jojoba oil for WEEKS and can't find any :/

and what brand do you use?

thank you for your help and story :D

hi :]

i was wondering..

where did you buy your jojoba and castor oil at?

i've been looking for jojoba oil for WEEKS and can't find any :/

and what brand do you use?

thank you for your help and story :D

Pocahontas21 ~ I read practically everything you posted on this method after I used the extra virgin olive oil out of desperation that one night! Thanks for being so very detailed not only in how you use the products but also links for people who can't find products in their neighborhoods. I do it at night, and as you see from above, I vary the method by cleansing with a gentle cleanser first, only because I can't get past massaging around old mineral makeup and grit from the day lol. It is quite nice though so thanks once again for sharing your comments. I was giving it a little more time before I posted my thoughts on the OCM link, but so far I'm very pleased with the results, especially in winter.

Beckyh1077 ~ Like Pocahontas, I could only find the correct oils in my local health food stores. The Vitamin Shoppe also has them. They are a pretty big chain so you might be able to shop there to compare prices. The Walgreens by me had BAD castor oil over by the laxative section so DON'T buy castor oil unless it says it is COLD-PRESSED. Mine also says it's COLD-PROCESSED and says it can be used for cleansing and castor-oil packs. Also, be sure to buy pure jojoba oil. There are a couple of names that I've seen, so be sure you are getting the nice oils to be used on your face. If you can't find the oils around your town, Pocahontas had some links in her very-detailed posts on the OCM. Here's a link on the Oil Cleansing Method I got from Pocahontas. You can read that for good detail, then read other online information to find out what works best for you. For example, I only use it at night, as described above, then I use a cleanser and salicylic scrub in the morning. So you will probably have to play around with it a little before you figure out what works best for you. You might end up loving it or hating it lol as I've found I change around my products quite routinely, switch back, change again, lol Here's the OCM link: http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

Good luck!

Pocahontas21 ~ I read practically everything you posted on this method after I used the extra virgin olive oil out of desperation that one night! Thanks for being so very detailed not only in how you use the products but also links for people who can't find products in their neighborhoods.

Jojoba oil is evil. It worked wonderfully for the first week. My skin was smooth, soft, and supple, and it just felt good. At the end of the week, i was shocked to wake up to a whole nest of pimples on my cheeks. I said to my self, "ok, don't panic, this is just the purging I hear so much. Its definitely gonna go away soon. Yeah...."

Probably the worst mistake I ever made.

I persisted for a another week, and the crap actually brainwashed me into thinking that it was getting better. Everything seems to happen after seven days as the end of that week I experienced the worst breakout in the history of my life! I actually screamed when I woke up that morning. It was that bad. No surface of my face was spared. Purging my ass!

Four whole weeks later and my face is finally starting to clear again, with the help of a much safer, much more effective natural remedy: apple cider vinegar. I'm just here to say that don't get your hopes up with jojoba. It is most assuredly NOT for everyone. So be weary... Off the record, ACV has done more for my skin than anything I've ever come across! But that's for another topic. ;)

Jojoba oil is evil. It worked wonderfully for the first week. My skin was smooth, soft, and supple, and it just felt good. At the end of the week, i was shocked to wake up to a whole nest of pimples on my cheeks. I said to my self, "ok, don't panic, this is just the purging I hear so much. Its definitely gonna go away soon. Yeah...."

Probably the worst mistake I ever made.

I persisted for a another week, and the crap actually brainwashed me into thinking that it was getting better. Everything seems to happen after seven days as the end of that week I experienced the worst breakout in the history of my life! I actually screamed when I woke up that morning. It was that bad. No surface of my face was spared. Purging my ass!

Four whole weeks later and my face is finally starting to clear again, with the help of a much safer, much more effective natural remedy: apple cider vinegar. I'm just here to say that don't get your hopes up with jojoba. It is most assuredly NOT for everyone. So be weary... Off the record, ACV has done more for my skin than anything I've ever come across! But that's for another topic. ;)