Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
British Soldier

Good Candidate? With pics

I will soon be turning 20 and have had skin problems for almost 6 years now. Do you think my condition would benefit from this regimen?

And if so do you think prolonged use could eventually lead to complete clearness?

The other side of my face is pretty much the same as is my chin and jawline.

I get lots of blackheads on my nose and clogged pores on my forehead.

I hope anyone can offer advice cuz i really am at the end of my tether and it's just ruining my life lol.

I think it definitely would! In my opinion the regimen doesn't just target one specific type of acne..I've seen the most extreme cases of acne and some mild ones and they benefited from them! Look around the gallery a little and you'll see what I mean, but anyway .. Yes definitely give the regimen a shot and make sure you read the 'What to expect' Section (http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html) as well as the 'biggest mistakes' (http://www.acne.org/regimen-biggest-mistakes.html) section..keep up posted & good luck!

Cheers i think i'll definitely give this a shot then, not really like i got anything to lose lol.

Just got to find some compatible products then i'll be set and keep this updated with pics.

I think the regimen can definitely help, since your acne looks to be mainly inflamed. It does look to me like yours is more on the moderate/severe side, though, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to get completely clear or not, but you should have a lot of improvement. Some of the redness on your face looks like redmarks from old acne or irritation, and I'm not sure which, but do keep in mind that that redness might take even longer to diminish than it takes for your skin to clear up, so be patient, above all. Modifying your shaving technique might help reduce acne from irritation on your beard area, but I'm not a guy, so I don't have any special tips :(. Best of luck!

Oooo, oooo! I'm not a guy, either, but a couple weeks ago, my dad was sharing guy shaving wisdom with me (probably because he has no sons) that took him 40 years to acquire: Press as absolutely lightly as possible. He'd get nasty acne in the area that he shaved in around his beard, and it completely cleared up with that tiny change. I tried it on my legs to good effect, too. The shave stayed a lot closer than I was expecting on me, and it also looked pretty close on my dad's face.

the whole shaving thing is a real pain in the ass being in the army cuz i have to shave twice a day everyday and very quickly too, and sometimes its outdoors with a tiny mirror and a disposable razor which doesnt help lol.

I was reading through the info on this site and realised the scrub and bp wash i had been using twice a day was making my skin appear worse than it really is so here are some updated pics.

I got a pm from a member saying it looked severe and i should consider accutane, what do you all think?

post-54410-1200317243_thumb.jpg pic from yesterday

post-54410-1200317290_thumb.jpg

post-54410-1200317303_thumb.jpg

post-54410-1200317328_thumb.jpg pics from today

Most of it is redmarks and blotchy healing skin so i'm thinking of using the regimen for a few weeks and perhaps adding a 15% glycolic moisturiser at night.

p.s sorry bout the small pics dont know how to resize them lol

post-54410-1200317243_thumb.jpg

post-54410-1200317290_thumb.jpg

post-54410-1200317303_thumb.jpg

post-54410-1200317328_thumb.jpg

Given your lifestyle in the army, Accutane might be easier since it's just popping a pill rather than a more involved application procedure, but it also has a number of possible side effects that you'd want to talk to your GP about before deciding whether to go on it. I'm not sure if your acne would get you Accutane or not, but again, that's something to talk about with a GP. I do think that the regimen could definitely help with your acne, but it's not the only option, of course, and if you want something simpler that could prevent your acne from coming back and are willing to accept possible side effects, Accutane is the way to go.

Its hard to tell from the quality of your pics, but it looks like your main problem is hyperpigmentation and just general redness. It doesn't look like you have much active acne except for a few inflammed spots. While benzoyl peroxide would likely clear your active acne and prevent new spots from forming, i don't think i would start using BP on your skin as it has a tendancy to prolong the healing of red marks.

I haven't used it myself, but from what i have read i think you may be better suited trying something like finacea. That is supposed to be good for redness(its actually a treatment for rosacea) and it treats inflammed acne at the same time. There is a little info about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finacea

yea i would not recommend you go on this bp regimen, if you can, go get accutane and if you can't i would find a way to gently exfoliate your skin and get that dead outermost layer of skin off and your spots will heal much quicker. Thats what I did and I would use a mild soap and thats it!