Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annakin

UPDATED!can anybody clasiffy my scars pics included!!

help :ninja::ninja::ninja:

ive been usin this acne free scar lotion on one side of my face just to test it out so far it look like the redness has gone down on that side as for the scarrin is still there

any advice

ok idk wat happene to the piucs i attached hers photobucket pics links

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/xpl.../Photo-0043.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/xpl.../Photo-0041.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/xpl.../Photo-0042.jpg

post-67914-1200174973_thumb.jpg

post-67914-1200174985_thumb.jpg

post-67914-1200174998_thumb.jpg

post-67914-1200174973_thumb.jpg

post-67914-1200174985_thumb.jpg

post-67914-1200174998_thumb.jpg

u should be able to see them now idk wt happened but i posted links

They look like rolling and boxcar scars for the most part, the redness will go away. I have almost identical scars on my temple area as yours. My temple scars responded very well to treatment. Mine probably looked like yours at my worst, now they are all pretty much flat and unnoticeable.

They look like rolling and boxcar scars for the most part, the redness will go away. I have almost identical scars on my temple area as yours. My temple scars responded very well to treatment. Mine probably looked like yours at my worst, now they are all pretty much flat and unnoticeable.

How long till redness goes away ive been usin some scar lotion on one side called scar free it has hydroquone or somthin and it looks like is helpin the redness for that side

CitizenPanda-what kind of scar treatment did u do?

HI AnnaSkin:

Are those scars formed because of picking your acne? They look pretty severe - maybe because its fresh and new. Definitely, as time passes by, it'll improve some.

I myself have a lot of small icepicks and some box scars (cystic acne). I used to pick a lot on my small acnes and that's how I ended up with those annoying icepicks. I'd say the scars have improved over time, however there are days when it just looks disgusting. I will be going for Fraxel soon. I'm right now treating my icepicks with TCA cross - I just started so I'm not sure what to expect from it.

From my research here in the board, looks like needling (or home dermarolling) along with some topical cream looks the best option right now. However, as Panda suggested - wait for couple of months for the scars to heal on its own and the redness to go away. They definitely look very fresh.

My suggestion to you is - pls don't be using multiple topicals because you don't see improvements in short term. The more topicals use, the worse it is - I see a tendency with most board members that they are trying on all sorts of topicals available in the market with desperation. Patience is the key and stick to a known good topical - although I cannot suggest you anything since all I use is the Neutrogena Oil-Free moisturizer and a gentle cleanser to clean my face daily.

The scar healing will take a long time and you'll have to be patient especially if u r not going for some kind of invasive surgery which I think still takes a long time.

hey, i think the best sar treatment forr you would be dermaroller..if you need more info just ask me..i can share with you lotsof info on derma roller...cause my scars are severe as well...t.care

How long till redness goes away ive been usin some scar lotion on one side called scar free it has hydroquone or somthin and it looks like is helpin the redness for that side

Drop everything your using now. The redness is normal and will go away in a matter of weeks or months, it depends on your skin. You want to use something natural like a Vitamin C or Aloe Vera. (I use GNC VItamin C cream as a daily moisturizer, it also happens to have Aloe Vera, I would highly recommend it). Hydroquinone is only for hyperpigmentation, which is something that doesn't go away after a very long time (a year?). Apple Cider Vinegar is also something good to try, as it's known to help reduce redness and (see the huge thread ongoing) helping some people with their scarring as well.

Are you completely clear of acne? If you aren't, I wouldn't suggest scar treatments until you stop breaking out.

Wtf are you talking about with your drop everything and redness will go away in a matter of weeks or months. I have a variety of scars and on my cheeks i have patches of this guy's scars, almost exactly the same. They've been red for years now and I'm not saying his will also and hopefully they're not, but don't go on this crusade of drop everything.

I've had 5 fraxel restores which helped with my shallow scars but now am about to go on a course of vbeam treatments for the redness.