Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MXdude

What is the deal???

Well i have been on Accutane for 5 days...and the only thing i have noticed is EXTREMELY oily skin. I thought by now it would have become maybe even a little dry...i weigh 150 lbs and im on 60mg/day (30 morning and night) Since starting accutane my skin has become TWICE as oily and gets oily faster...is this NORMAL? Is it just purging oil maybe? Please someone help me out on this.

When did you notice a reduction in oil???

The main thing that you need to remember when you're on Accutane is that it takes time. Don't try to analyze everything that happens in the beginning or during the course, because it usually won't have any effect on the end result - clear skin. The first 3 months or so are notorious for being awful, but it's different for everyone. Don't worry about what happens in the beginning - all the wonderful side effects of dry skin and lips, etc, will come in time.

I can't answer your question as to why you're more oily, but just keep in mind that tane will do it's job. I started getting really dry about 3-4 weeks in. Best of luck to you! :D

What you are experiencing is referred to as the 'initial breakout'. Pretty much your entire face turns to crap lol :P you should break out, your skin will be oilier and your blackheads will look disgusting (thats what i had anyway).

It usually lasts about 2 months, so by month 3 most peoples skin has cleared up :) occasionally it can last longer though.

Just hang in there, its good to see that the accutane is working!

Well i have been on Accutane for 5 days...and the only thing i have noticed is EXTREMELY oily skin. I thought by now it would have become maybe even a little dry...i weigh 150 lbs and im on 60mg/day (30 morning and night) Since starting accutane my skin has become TWICE as oily and gets oily faster...is this NORMAL? Is it just purging oil maybe? Please someone help me out on this.

When did you notice a reduction in oil???

You are 5 days into a 140 day treatment. Give it time.