Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mboona

break outs only on chin?

i have switched from benzoyle proxide to salicylic acid for 3 weeks and my skin feels so much better and i have stopped breaing out huge cystic acne, but i still get breakouts on my chin and my chin only from time to time. Why is that??

What can I also do to help get rid of the dark spots that were former acne? I usually use salicylic acid and then put some makeup on the dark spots but i think they might cause further break outs?

are you eating a lot of dairies? because if you do, that might explain those acne on your chin area. i've read that pimples on the chin area is associated with dairy products.

i forgot to tell you that toothpaste containing fluoride is said to aggravate acne. be careful when brushing your teeth. make sure that it doesn't come in contact with your face.

no i dont do anything like that, sometimes i might rest my chin area on my hand or whatever but nothing breaks out or anything. I will be extra careful to not touch my chin or anything, but is it possible that some other factor might contribute aside from outside factors? As for dairy products, i just drink milk daily but i have been busy and havent drank any and my milk drinking habits are on and off so i don't think they contribute to my chin problems. I mean it wasn't this bad at once and my forehead and nose and cheeks are fine, except for the chin

Do you bite your nails or anything? I do a lot and I'm starting to think that that's the reason most of my acne is around my mouth/chin area.

what are your eating habits like? how often do you eat/drink empty calories and processed foods, do you get enough natural / whole foods, vegetables?

actually i think my eating habits are very poor. I am a college student so i don't have an opportunity to always watch what i eat. i generally eat whatever to fill up for the moment.

I thought acne had little to do with diet, but rather hormonial or oil issues?

i forgot to tell you that toothpaste containing fluoride is said to aggravate acne. be careful when brushing your teeth. make sure that it doesn't come in contact with your face.

I guess thats just your problem area, people will tell you a hundred different reasons as to why that is but nobody really knows. My problem area is just my forehead, the acne i get there is moderate-severe. Yet, i don't break out anywhere else.

so i think my skin likes the salysilic acid, but i still have break outs on my chin. my forehead and nose are completely clear and i never had acne on my cheeks. The acne on my chin are medium size but appear often together. my current product is 2% salicylic acid, should i go to one that is smaller at .5 %? perhaps too much salicylic acid is causing the break outs?

when i used Benzoyl proxide before i would only break out occasionally but the breakouts would be huge cysts, now with the switch over i dont get any more cysts but i get a lot smaller break outs. I don't put my chin to my hand or bite my nails much at all.

could mints artifically sweetened cause break outs?

i didnt drink any milk for a week and i still broke out...

so i dont think its dairy.

I am a male, could it be hair follicles around the chin that causes it? I don't shave or anything but i dont grow enough to have a beard and im extremely careful not to irritate anything.

the types of acne is more small bumps that are filled with puss and or white heads. I feel the salicylic acid helps minimize the life of the acne and each pimple usually lasts 2-3 days, but of course leave red marks behind...

when i get them, my breakouts are almost completely refined to my chin area.

To eliminate them, I make sure to do excercise. If I sweat, that is better. I try to do 30-45 minutes of cardio a day, lift if I have the time.

I try to cut down on the processed junk and sweet foods... the "empty calories."

I buy a couple of apples, a bag of baby carrots, eat more vegetables, drink more water. I actively eat healthier.

I dont know what your sleeping habits are like either, but getting a good night's sleep in the dark and in the quiet, for around 8-10 hours on a clean pillowcase will usually help your skin, if you are following these other guidelines.

I also limit my face washing to twice a day at most, and I use dove basic soap... most soaps have VERY high pH's and will be very harsh on your skin, so if you wash your face with typical soaps, you should be very careful. (dove basic has a neutral pH, very close to the pH of the skin). It is less irritating.