Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m00sie

Do you focus more on perfecting your skin, or perfecting your makeup?

I was thinking about it today and i must admit i place more influence on making sure my skin looks good naturally with no makeup on. I want to be able to wake up in the morning and not look like crap lol.

Admittedly it is easier to look good with makeup on though, and lets face it a flawless complexion doesnt happen overnight!

That's a really interesting question.

I think for a long time when I was younger and my skin was terrible, I focused more on perfecting my makeup because I didn't really know anything about skin and washing and all that jazz. I didn't know much about makeup either, but I think I was counting on it to go away eventually (since that was what I was told e_e), so I focused on just looking okay until it passed.

Unfortunately it never passed, so I really got focused on my skin rather than makeup.

My main goal is obviously to perfect my skin.... but with all my scarring and redness I have right now.. the best thing I can do is just try to perfect my makeup :(

Skin!! I always hated wearing makeup when my skin was crappy (weird) and I always focused on getting my skin better. Now that my skin is as perfect as it's gonna get I've changed my focus to makeup.

I definitely unequivically focus more on perfecting my skin. I have been wearing make up, but to be honest I hate wearing make up. By the middle of the day I just want to wash it off. I dont though because I dont want people to see my blackheads and my yellow heads. I wish I could just show my natural skin but it looks too horrible and Im too ashamed :redface: I dont think I am ugly but acne sure does make me feel ugly especially when it isnt covered with make up

Definitely my skin, I'm a make-up artist so I would hope by now I have the make-up part sussed! No matter how I apply my make-up though, it's very difficult to fully conceal my acne. I would love to not have to wear foundation every day.

I had to think on this. Of course, my skin has to come first - and it does. I try to pick makeup that will not interfere with anything I'm doing to make myself / my skin healthy. But on the other hand, I'm very fussy about getting my makeup to look natural and right, to make it flattering. I don't think I'll ever be totally makeup free though, I have some aspects that are just not very pretty without hiding (ie I'm white as a ghost - and I have those annoying allergic shiners - even scar and acne free those still need hiding). That isn't exactly a black and white answer, is it?

When my skin is good, I don't even wear makeup (at all most days). But when it's acting up as it has been lately, then I get more into makeup overall. I guess I figure that if I'm bothering with foundation/concealer I might as well do the rest. And also, when my skin is bad I want to put on makeup to feel prettier.

But ultimately, I'm trying to get my skin good again so that I don't have to feel like I need makeup to leave the house...

For me I'd have to say it's about even; I want my skin to be clear.. but seeing as how it's not (though slowly, I do repeat on slowly getting there) I don't like leaving the house without my make up.. I feel way to self conscious. :redface:

Skin. I'm very pale, & simply don't look natural with makeup on no matter what. Plus, I really despise makeup (though I depend on it)...

The exfoliants don't help either. I got home from grocery shopping today, only to find my skin was looking all peeled and funky.

If I have a bump on my face, then it will look like a bump with make up on it. So I need to pay a lot of attention to my skin. If I can get that looking good, the make up will fall into place.

But I do love make up. I also have allergic shiners and have pale skin, so there is always something that needs to be covered up.

My skin....if my skin looks good, my makeup is easier and faster to apply. Then I can focus more on the fun makeup instead of layering foundation and concealer.

It depends what kind of mood I'm in.

If I'm feeling depressed about my skin, then I concentrate more on making sure that my make-up looks nice.

Whereas if I am feeling quite positive about my skin, I try to use less make up and try to perfect my skin.

It depends what kind of mood I'm in.

If I'm feeling depressed about my skin, then I concentrate more on making sure that my make-up looks nice.

Whereas if I am feeling quite positive about my skin, I try to use less make up and try to perfect my skin.

Both equally. If my skin isn't going to cooperate it's going to show through makeup no matter what. Makeup cannot hide obvious bumps or recessions (from scarring). And I just love makeup anyway.