Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I'll tell you a bit about me, I'm 17 and have had acne since 12. I eat farely well, and dont drink soft drinks. I shower every day. It started to get really bad so I went to the doc and he prescribed Accutane @40mg Twice Daily. I started it this morning. Here is my current acne. I certainly hope this works out :-

Forehead

Left Cheek

Right Cheek

Chin

Chest

Question!!!: Can you pop the pimples whilst on the tane? Or is it bad?

Hey, good luck with it.

Apparently Accutane slows down the healing process, so people say popping and picking the zits isn't a good idea. I remember popping and picking my zits during my IB and they healed up fine. So I'm guessing it depends on the person and the severeness.

Get some chapstick and some moisturizer, you'll probably need them.

Day 11

I got this pimple growing just under my eye, It's making the skin around it all puffy, and I look like i've got a black eye. Hopefully it'll grow quick so I can pop this S.O.B. It is so unsightly!!

Other than that, Nothing new, skin is painful to rub, lips arent that bad at all. So far so good.

Hey dude.. stick in there!

I am on day 13, just behind you. LIke you, not much dry and peeling. I thought it wasnt really working for me. But its good to hear that someone else isnt really really flaky.

I have all the little pustules, but they are unpoppable. So I have to leave them.. the little unsightly suckers!

Keep us posted!

Day 21

Hehe, nice to meet you Jane. Yeah, it's not bad but some is starting to develop, all around my mouth and chin, little bit of moisturizer does the trick of hiding it though. Lips are Dryyyyyyyy! Blistex really works to repair them though, wow! I recomment it. Fill in all the cracks and your good to heal :-)

I have pics I'll edit them in later.

Another thing that helps a lot is put moisturizer on your lips first, like the cetaphil, and let it soak in for a minute, and then put on the most waxy (waxy because it doesnt wear off as easily) lip balm you can find, like good ole chapstick. Especially at night.

The next day....

ooooooooooooh lips as soft as a babys bottom.

:)

HIya! (I would call you by your name, but I cant really even pronounce your username, heh)

I dont know about your hands... but I do remember reading about someone else getting very sore skin on their hands as well.

Ask your derm!

Hang in their buddy... and I will continue to read your log, and route for you.

:)