Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AsiaXiah

Finacea Log

Day 16

Hey everyone ~ I've been using Finacea for 16 days now. I've read a lot of logs on Finacea along with some other medication, so I thought that putting up a strict, Finacea-only log might help to really reveal the benefits (and perhaps side effects) of Finacea alone.

I'm an 18 year old male and pretty much the same story with acne. Started in middle school (8th grade) and just got worse and worse.

I've been through Tazorac, Differin, Duac, BenzaClin, Retin-A, and Fraxel Laser Treatments... Whew, has it been a long road. I've also tried Doxycycline.

Well, I actually achieved a near perfect state of a clear face during Tazorac, but Tazorac brought on such a horrible redness and flushing that I had to go through all those different products mentioned above. The Fraxel Laser Treatments were targeted for the pit scars that I have on my temples (the Fraxel did wonders by the way).

So, now I'm on Finacea to finally battle the redness alone! I've come to realize that I was really stupid when I used to think "Redness is a small price to pay for clear skin". It definitely isn't. I've just been really fed up with always being asked "Why are you so red?" and "Did you get a sunburn" and from occasional time to time "How much did you drink?" >.<

Anyhow, the status of my skin before having started Finacea~!

Mild to moderate acne ~ but more noticeably, redness. Flushing when laughing, exercising, in a hot room, etc.

So~! My current regimen on Finacea:

Morning: Wash face with Cetaphile Gentle Cleanser, Apply Finacea.

Night: Wash face with Cetaphile Gentle Cleanser, Apply Cetaphile Moisturizer, Apply Finacea.

As you can see, I'm not using any other medication, so any benefits will be 90% from Finacea.

Okay, so now for the current update!

My skin is starting to lose its redness. A few days ago, I went to the gym to work out, and I was so happy to see my reflection in the mirror ~ I actually looked kind of pasty almost. The acne is actually being pretty well-controlled. I'm getting occasional bursts here and there, but in general, I would say the acne is starting to subside!

A few things to note:

-When I apply Finacea at night, my face looks really red. But when I wake up in the morning, the skin tone is wonderful!

-The tube runs out really fast! ã… .ã… 

-It's getting better, but the itchiness and stinging with application was something to note >.<

-My face started getting a little bit scaley last night, but it all went away with the moisturizer.

Well, I'll keep on posting on any improvements or events, hopefully to shed better light on Finacea!

- - - - -

By the way, I have this weird habit where I can't get in my bed unless I take a shower right before... So, where a lot of people take morning showers, I take night showers, and it's kind of bad in terms of that I brush my teeth, etc. and wash my face with Cetaphile, and then take a hot shower. After the shower, my skin's pretty dried out, so I need to moisturize, but anyhow... Just wondering if anyone else is like me ~ and if changing this might give postive effects on the skin ~ thanks!

do you think you're using too much of it? "the tube runs out really fast" O.O If you have the same size I used, the tube is about half of a toothpaste tube. When I used finacea, my skin also got very red. It was too irritating for my skin so I had to discontinue using it. I'm happy to see it's working for you though.

I don't take morning showers. I only take night showers or sometimes I take afternoon showers if it's really hot outside. If your face feels "tight", then you should definitely use moisturizer. If you don't soothe that kind of skin, then more oil is produced and supposedly your skin ages faster.

I think I might be using a little bit too much, but I think it just feels like it runs out fast for me because I'm used to the retinoids (where it's just one application at night) whereas Finacea is twice a day.

Anyhow, I'm sorry to hear it didn't work for you >.< did you find anything else that works?

I'm glad you made a log! I think I'm going to start using Finacea again in a week or so, but I'm going to start really slow, probably one application every other day, or once a day, if my skin can handle it, then work up. I, too, would love to have my pale face back! Since starting Clindamycin in September (I stopped using it yesterday when I found out it was causing tons of whiteheads...), I've had occasional redness. When I laugh, or get embarrassed, etc, I always get a heated feeling and I just know my face is going unnaturally red. I hate that! Hopefully it'll go away for both of us!!

I'm glad you made a log! I think I'm going to start using Finacea again in a week or so, but I'm going to start really slow, probably one application every other day, or once a day, if my skin can handle it, then work up. I, too, would love to have my pale face back! Since starting Clindamycin in September (I stopped using it yesterday when I found out it was causing tons of whiteheads...), I've had occasional redness. When I laugh, or get embarrassed, etc, I always get a heated feeling and I just know my face is going unnaturally red. I hate that! Hopefully it'll go away for both of us!!

I really hope Finacea does the trick for the both of us too~!

Redness is so hard to deal with... I mean, before, I used to think that if I can have a clear face, then dealing with redness wouldn't be a big deal, but the big mistake I made was not realizing having a clear face is really far off... So now dealing with both redness AND continuing acne is just horrible! ㅠ.ㅜ

Anyhow, just before going to bed last night, I got about 3 semi-medium sized pus-filled lesions on my left cheek. Today (right now it's about afternoon, so 2 doses of Finacea have been applied, once last night and once this morning) and the 3 lesions are shrunk noticeably.

The redness is still my main problem! Nothing more I can do other than stay patient!

You're so right, all you can do is be patient and take things slow. Finacea really does work with speeding up a zit's healing process. I never used to have to deal with facial redness until I started an antibiotic a few months ago. Today (it's 11 pm where I live) was the second day I didn't use it, and my face is more flushed than it's been in a looong time. It's like withdrawals or something, lol! Do you use a moisturizer? People always say it'd help with redness, but I'm not sure...

You're so right, all you can do is be patient and take things slow. Finacea really does work with speeding up a zit's healing process. I never used to have to deal with facial redness until I started an antibiotic a few months ago. Today (it's 11 pm where I live) was the second day I didn't use it, and my face is more flushed than it's been in a looong time. It's like withdrawals or something, lol! Do you use a moisturizer? People always say it'd help with redness, but I'm not sure...

I actually red a lot of your log and I know you don't really like to use moisturizer, and I am exactly the same too! >.< It just feels like it's unecessary and especially applying it before applying Finacea makes me feel like it's going to stop Finacea from working at its fullest, BUT ~

About 4 days ago, I started using moisturizer because I started kind of looking a tad bit scaley. And actually, now, applying moisturizer day and night isn't that bad (I just got used to it ㅂ_ㅂ), but it does make my skin feel definitely far better.

I think you should really try moisturizing too~! I know it seems kind of unecessary and also scary that it might break out (for us non-regular moisturizing people) but it might really help a lot.

I've been using the Cetaphile lotion because my dermatologist recommended it, and it is really nice~

Oh, I have that red-affect when I laugh too! But my best friend says that's normal...?

I wish you luck! I don't usually apply things that make my skin red, I stick with Keri lotion to mousturize because it's the only things that I can handle. :D

I think I'll start moisturizing when I start using Finacea again, as well. I tried the Cetaphil lotion a few months ago, but my cheeks got kind of bumpy. =[ I'm sure there's something out there that works for my skin... I'll probably spot test whatever moisturizer I get in an area for a week or so before using it, though... xD

I think I'll start moisturizing when I start using Finacea again, as well. I tried the Cetaphil lotion a few months ago, but my cheeks got kind of bumpy. =[ I'm sure there's something out there that works for my skin... I'll probably spot test whatever moisturizer I get in an area for a week or so before using it, though... xD

I would recommend either Lac Hydrin Five Moisturizing Lotion or CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

Day 18

The 3 medium sized pus filled lesions on my left cheek are nearly gone! They're just small red bumps now ~ really starting to like Finacea!

Also, the red pit scars on my temples are starting to go away (about half are already back to normal skin tone).

I really can't wait to see how my face will look after about 3 months on Finacea!

I'm glad things are going well for you! I've been apply Finacea every other day (yesterday was the second day I've applied it since taking three weeks off of using it) and today my face is kind of red. Do you get that, or does Finacea make your skin less red?

I'm glad things are going well for you! I've been apply Finacea every other day (yesterday was the second day I've applied it since taking three weeks off of using it) and today my face is kind of red. Do you get that, or does Finacea make your skin less red?

When I apply Finacea, my face gets kind of red, but after it absorbs and I don't feel any residue on my skin, on a general level, my skin is starting to become less and less red. Already, my face is generally less red than before.

The pustules that were on my left cheek a few days ago are nearly completely gone ~ there is just a small red bump where they used to be.

I've started getting compliments from a few people who I'm very close to about how my skin's starting to look better. I can't wait till I complete 3 months of Finacea~!

I'm also interested to know how you are getting on with Finacea because I am having a hard time with dry, flaking and scaly skin! Lovely, eh?!

yes, i just started finacea, how much does one use? I'm used to using tazorac, where you only use a pea-sized drop, but finacea comes in a much BIGGER tube! so, how much do i use?

I just signed up to this site and I just started using Finacea, my question to you is I also have some mild scarring from acne in a couple of spots on my face and I noticed you said the Fraxel Laser took care of that, How much does that cost and is it possible to only get it on those few spots because I have Rosacea and that is the main reason that I am using the Finacea but now I have found out that it will also help with the acne. And did it take multiple treatments with the laser to clear the scars up? Thank You

Day 16

Hey everyone ~ I've been using Finacea for 16 days now. I've read a lot of logs on Finacea along with some other medication, so I thought that putting up a strict, Finacea-only log might help to really reveal the benefits (and perhaps side effects) of Finacea alone.

I'm an 18 year old male and pretty much the same story with acne. Started in middle school (8th grade) and just got worse and worse.

I've been through Tazorac, Differin, Duac, BenzaClin, Retin-A, and Fraxel Laser Treatments... Whew, has it been a long road. I've also tried Doxycycline.

Well, I actually achieved a near perfect state of a clear face during Tazorac, but Tazorac brought on such a horrible redness and flushing that I had to go through all those different products mentioned above. The Fraxel Laser Treatments were targeted for the pit scars that I have on my temples (the Fraxel did wonders by the way).

So, now I'm on Finacea to finally battle the redness alone! I've come to realize that I was really stupid when I used to think "Redness is a small price to pay for clear skin". It definitely isn't. I've just been really fed up with always being asked "Why are you so red?" and "Did you get a sunburn" and from occasional time to time "How much did you drink?" >.<

Anyhow, the status of my skin before having started Finacea~!

Mild to moderate acne ~ but more noticeably, redness. Flushing when laughing, exercising, in a hot room, etc.

So~! My current regimen on Finacea:

Morning: Wash face with Cetaphile Gentle Cleanser, Apply Finacea.

Night: Wash face with Cetaphile Gentle Cleanser, Apply Cetaphile Moisturizer, Apply Finacea.

As you can see, I'm not using any other medication, so any benefits will be 90% from Finacea.

Okay, so now for the current update!

My skin is starting to lose its redness. A few days ago, I went to the gym to work out, and I was so happy to see my reflection in the mirror ~ I actually looked kind of pasty almost. The acne is actually being pretty well-controlled. I'm getting occasional bursts here and there, but in general, I would say the acne is starting to subside!

A few things to note:

-When I apply Finacea at night, my face looks really red. But when I wake up in the morning, the skin tone is wonderful!

-The tube runs out really fast! ã… .ã… 

-It's getting better, but the itchiness and stinging with application was something to note >.<

-My face started getting a little bit scaley last night, but it all went away with the moisturizer.

Well, I'll keep on posting on any improvements or events, hopefully to shed better light on Finacea!

- - - - -

By the way, I have this weird habit where I can't get in my bed unless I take a shower right before... So, where a lot of people take morning showers, I take night showers, and it's kind of bad in terms of that I brush my teeth, etc. and wash my face with Cetaphile, and then take a hot shower. After the shower, my skin's pretty dried out, so I need to moisturize, but anyhow... Just wondering if anyone else is like me ~ and if changing this might give postive effects on the skin ~ thanks!

I have mild to moderate acne. I'm on retin-a for 6 months now and obagi nu-derm for 3 months and I'm liking the results. But I asked my derm if we can replace retin-a with something I can use during pregnancy coz I don't want to worry about it if I get pregnant, and she prescribed Finacea. I still get one or two pimples every now and then and the hyperpigmentation due to the 1st 3 months with retin-a is fading. I'm scared to start Finacea because of the warning of hypopigmentation. I'm a Filipino and don't have very white skin.. What are the odds of me getting it? Is there an initial breakout? And do you really blush when you drink something hot because of it - if so did it go away?