Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hii its rachel

ohhh snap...another accutane log :]...FINISHED!! :) w/ pictures

January 9, 2008

[Day One]

I’m 16 years old and I’ve suffered from acne since I was about 12. Neither of my parents suffered from acne, but I did. I’ve done everything I possibly ever could to cover it up, including caking make-up on to conceal my pimples. I tried ProActiv for about a year; it got a little better but still didn’t go away. I then started Doxycycline, which lasted about 8 or 9 months. During this time I switched from ProActiv to Murad. I also started getting Murad Acne Facials done once a week.

While all of this stuff helped, it never actually cleared my skin. I can’t remember a time in my life where I haven’t had acne. To me, having clear skin is a weird, abnormal thing because having acne-infested skin has been so “normal†for a lot of my life.

I just took my first Accutane pills today. I’m really excited, because I can’t wait to just get all of this over with. Acne has taken over my life. I never spend the night at a friend’s house, because I don’t want to have to take off my make-up and have them see my face. I’m constantly checking in mirrors and touching up my make-up to make sure my pimples are covered. I never go swimming, because I don’t want my make-up to wear off. I can’t even go to Target without spending 30 minutes doing my make-up.

My ultimate dream is to just be able to roll out of bed 5 minutes before I have to leave for school. I’d love to not have to worry about my make-up wiping off onto a boy’s shirt or not being able to lay my head down when I’m wearing long sleeves because my make-up will wipe off. I can’t wait for this stuff to start working! :]

post-66061-1200027400_thumb.jpg

post-66061-1200027400_thumb.jpg

i just started accutane too. i guess we are in the same boat. My acne is mild but persistent kind of like yours. im 18 and i totally know how it is to try everything and find no success...

GoodLuck!! You are very beautiful by the way! :surprised:

I have a log too... "Adam's Accutane Log" <----check it ouuuuuuuuut lol

January 11, 2008

[Day Three]

My skin's still really oily, and my lips aren't chapped...yettt.

I got a new pimple on my chin anddd I can feel a little tiny cyst forming near the side of my nose.

Ahhhhh. Just in time for the weekend, too. :]

Im 16 also. I have mild facial acne like you. But i have bad back acne and neck acne, its disgusting. I started accutane a month ago, and i am still looking forward. THe first few weeks are hard, but it went fast for me.

You are very pretty. :wub:

Im 16 also. I have mild facial acne like you. But i have bad back acne and neck acne, its disgusting. I started accutane a month ago, and i am still looking forward. THe first few weeks are hard, but it went fast for me.

You are very pretty. :wub:

January 14, 2008

[Day Six]

My skin is not as oily as before, but my lips are getting really chapped. My nose on the sides is starting to get dry and flaky-ish but I exfoliated my nose before putting on make-up so it looks fine now. :]

Im on Day 6 too! Im about where you are at in terms of skin...little less oily but still oily...and chapped lips. My nose got a little flakey too...but not too bad. It will be interesting to see our progresss since we are on the same day...

January 15, 2008

[Day Seven]

My skin is definitely still as oily as everrr during the day. I do use a really greasy moisturizer at night, however, and in the morning my skin isn't oily at all. Weird? BTW, When did you guys go through your IB?? Because my skin has started looking clearer...I did get a cyst on my chin the other day but nothing else has really popped up...hmmm..

I've also been having some lower back problems...it especially hurts at night when I try to sleep on my stomach. And today at school I kept having pains in my stomach up between my ribs. It's like those cramps you get from running...but GODDD they hurt and it's hard to move sometimes when it happens.

I had the same side affects as you when i started. I had really bad back pains, they have mellowed down now though. I also thought i wasclearing up in the beginning, but then i had a pretty bad IB two weeks in, it sucks.

I had the same side affects as you when i started. I had really bad back pains, they have mellowed down now though. I also thought i wasclearing up in the beginning, but then i had a pretty bad IB two weeks in, it sucks.

I also felt like accutan wouldnt work and all i would get was the bad side affects. Im almost done with my first weeks of month 2, and i think im starting to clear up. Havent had a cyst for about 2 weeks now.

January 21, 2008

[Day Thirteen]

I have a huge cyst on my chin. And another one coming, I can feel it. My lips are soo chapped and the area right under my lips on my chin is getting dry and peeling, and so is the skin between my nostrils. Sickk. I look disgusting.

The only thing that keeps me from getting upset when I look in the mirror is knowing it'll all be gone soon.

I am about to start Accutane soon also. I have a very similar acne condition as yours. I hope everything goes well for you in your upcoming months. And just like everyone else says your gorgeous.

January 22, 2008

[Day Fourteen]

My lips are sooo chapped...I have to apply chapstick almost every 10 minutes. My skin is fine once I wash it and moisturize, but a few hours later my chin starts to peel. My cysts on my chin are almost gone but now I have a pimple right on my bottom lip. :[

My scalp itches a lot sometimes, but I can deal. I've noticed my forehead is a LOT clearer than it was when I started. I'm also sick at home with a sore throat right now, which sucks. But it gives me time to catch up on Gilmore Girls. :]

I've heard that Accutane pushes out all of your blackheads...when did that start for you guys?

i dunno i dont have any blackheads...i have noticed that my pores under my eyes, and my cheeks on the sides of my nose have completely disappeared. And just like you, my forehead is clear. Accutane RULES!

Hope your throat feels better!

Hey just wanted to wish you luck! You're acne isn't that bad to begin with so I'm sure Accutane will clear you up for good so no worries.

i dunno i dont have any blackheads...i have noticed that my pores under my eyes, and my cheeks on the sides of my nose have completely disappeared. And just like you, my forehead is clear. Accutane RULES!

Hope your throat feels better!

January 25, 2008

[Day Seventeen]

I'm having major, major back pain. It's not constant, but especially during stunting in cheer, I have these back spasms where it hurts really bad to move. Right now, I mostly have only little bumps everywhere, except for a few whiteheads (that i popped...sue me, i can't help it) along my forehead. My lips aren't really dry, but have been peeling and from like biting my lip i now have this cut that hurts pretty bad sometimes. i've just been piling on carmex all day at school and i'm pretty good.

[Day 20]

Nothing really different. Same side effects. Although I do notice that my hair is dry. It doesn't feel gross dry or anything, but usually if I don't shower everyday my hair gets a little oily, but now it doesn't. But here's some pictures!

post-66061-1201492742_thumb.jpg

post-66061-1201492742_thumb.jpg

[Day 72]

Wow, it's been awhile since I've updated.

Accutane is going good! A few weeks ago my lips got really dry and my lips cracked at the corners. It refused to heal and got completely awful. Finally, after using mass amounts of Vaseline, it disappeared. My lips are really dry, but Carmex always helps. I've been fortunate enough to not have the skin on my face get dry and flaky (knock on wood), but my arms and legs get very dry if I forget to moisturize.

My skin is pretty much clear, except for the occasional pimple. And I still have some red spots left, but they're significantly better than what they used to be.

I'm so excited!! I can't even begin to describe my feelings to you. I never thought my skin would actually be pimple-free. To all of you who are considering Accutane: go for it! It's completely worth it. Even if you think it won't work. (I didn't!)

Still waiting for my upcoming make-up free days, however.

I'll update with pictures soon. :]

So it's been a while since I finished Accutane (June 12th), but I've been LAZY! Anyway, I'm completely clear and haven't had a pimple since finishing (I'm still amazed everyday!) :)

If anyone is considering taking Accutane...do it!! It's completely changed my life.

I no longer feel the need to leave the house everyday wearing makeup. :)

Good luck to EVERYONE still taking, or about to start taking Accutane!! And if you have any questions, feel free to post them! :)

post-66061-1218353530_thumb.jpg

post-66061-1218353541_thumb.jpg

post-66061-1218353530_thumb.jpg

post-66061-1218353541_thumb.jpg

hey awesome results, although i thought your skin looked pretty good before. how long were you on accutane for? and when did you start seeing results?