Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had two icepick scars by my left nostril fill in. They are still there, but I can barely see them anymore. Though, I'm not entirely sure icepick is the right term. They were big holes, like very wide, deep pores. I used to have to fill them in with makeup, now they're almost gone. I stuck the needle straight in.

The one in the middle of my nose (looks like a chicken pock scar) is much more shallow than it was.

I have not done subcission. I had a bad experience with a plastic surgeon years ago where he punch floated some of my scars. (I forget the technical term) The result for me was worse scarring.... I've had an aversion to plastic surgeons and dermatologists for years due to many bad experiences like that. I've had much better results on my own.

Specific questions I will be more than happy to help out with, but Dee has already done an exceptional job of explaining the procedure along with her progress. :)

Hi, i just wanted to let you guys know that i also went to Dr. Sire to get two dents that were caused by cortisone injections to go away. I know they are supossed to fill in naturally on its own but i couldnt wait any longer. Any way i started doing the treatments 2 months ago twice a month. my deepest indentation is gone the only thing you can see is the needle hole and now im working on the 2nd one which noone can see unless i tilt my head to certain angle under certain kind of lighting... either way that one is going away as well. And just to let you guys know like other procedures i didnt notice visible results until after the 3 or 4th injection.

Dee

Check out my gallery pictures. I have two big scars and around them a lot of tiny ice pick scars, though they dont show at that angle.

I did subsiccion and is not as invasive as what u got which is punch excission. My suggestion is that you can combine both procedures for better, faster results which personally i never done. It also takes couples of trials of subsiccion to see results but along with saline, it can work faster.

Dee, Did you have any bound down icepick/boxcar scars where there is almost complete tissue loss? If so, are they filling in also?

Jan31

Dee, Did you have any bound down icepick/boxcar scars where there is almost complete tissue loss? If so, are they filling in also?

Jan31

Dee, I just want to thank you so much for sharing this information! I, personally, have never heard of this, but am going to try it, along with doing my own TCA CROSS and perhaps needling.

What happened with your excisions? Did the doctor use layered stitches?

It's amazing that those of us who have suffered with scars for years are now finding so much success treating them ourselves!

Dee, I just want to thank you so much for sharing this information! I, personally, have never heard of this, but am going to try it, along with doing my own TCA CROSS and perhaps needling.

It's amazing that those of us who have suffered with scars for years are now finding so much success treating them ourselves!

Dee, I agree with you - Always go by your gut instincts!!! I've noticed that some cosmetic doctors/PS and dermatologists have this habit, along with their staff, of treating their patients like backward children. You are so right about respecting yourself and demanding quality treatment.

Jan31

You're welcome! :D

What happened was that I had a plastic surgeon that did not respect & listen to his patients. They sent me home with these sort of tape bandages on my skin & told me not to wash my face. They told me to keep those bandages on as long as possible (about three to five days).

I tried to tell them that with skin this oily those bandages would not make it past the first night. Sure enough, they had all slid off overnight while I was sleeping. What followed were panicked phone calls from me, & bad advice from the girls at the desk. I was also a pack a day smoker back then. :rolleyes:

I really blame us both. I should've had more self respect, & demanded better treatment..

I've thought about doing this for quite some time. Mentioned it to my derm about 2 years ago. At first, he said that he would do it if I signed a waiver. Unfortunately, he changed his mind. Given the frequency of lawsuits and such, I can't say that I blame him.

used2bpretty said:
I've thought about doing this for quite some time. Mentioned it to my derm about 2 years ago. At first, he said that he would do it if I signed a waiver. Unfortunately, he changed his mind. Given the frequency of lawsuits and such, I can't say that I blame him.