Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone who says that a plane didn't hit is being extremely disrespectful to the dead and their families. Shame on you.

I feel for the people I actually cried alot when I saw it, the options are not fantastic though whether they died being Murdered or whether they died being murdered?

Which option is better, who cares people died. Innocent people. That's all that matters, feel for the people not the reason, because the reason both sides is awful.

ffs theres no way bush or the government were involved in it, why on earth would they be involved in this.

For example that would make bush a complete lunatic as he has just killed x amount of his own people, but also there would have to be many other people involved in the operation. so you are saying that bush and all of these other people that were involved were ok with bringing the towers down filled with people, they were rigging the joint with explosives and planning this?

and secondly why would bush want money he can print it off his fucking self if hes that bothered he owns the country.

the only person that could have done this is that silverstein prick if anyone, but i dont understand how you question governemnt when its completley ludacris? not a clue use some common sense you kids, terrorists hijacked the planes and drove them planes into buildings. the people in those planes died, so how the fuck could it have been a missile or another plane if so where the fuck did the plane go?

your telling me these construction workers rigged the wtc with explosives and couldnt give a toss also?

Excellent points.

Anyone who says that a plane didn't hit is being extremely disrespectful to the dead and their families. Shame on you.

no. shame on YOU for those accusations! it does not matter if it was a plane, or a bomb. people died. that does not detract from that. the issue being discussed here is the means at which these people died not that their death is any way lessened in its tragedy.

however considering that we are bombing the living shit out of countries, killing their people over this, i would say that NOT to question is actually the far more ignorant and shameful thing.

so again. SHAME ON YOU

AND with regards to the planes. if you read ANYTHING it did state that the planes did crash just that it wasn't enough to bring down the towers according the theory it did NOT say that the people on the planes were not killed nor did it in anyway dishonor their memories, flight 93 is still considered heroes, the issue is however if they were heroes and the governement shot them down anyways. Maybe if you read insead of just attacked you woudn't be in such a hurry to judge people who are willing to look at another side of a coin.

No, i've been reading and well most of these truthers or whatever they are seem to think that planes didn't go into the towers for instance that September Clues. Also they say a plane wasn't flown into the Pentagon, so where did the plane and it's passengers go seriously give me a feasible reason...? And the other side of the coin if the planes did go into the towers then why release these so called fake videos to the media? These random guys filming on the street, and the eye-witnesses, there all part of it?

Suddenly everybody is a steel expert, photographic and video expert..i mean seriously the only sensible video i've seen is the one that blames Israelies, who i believe are the real culprits imo, and not osama, or bush for that matter.

No, i've been reading and well most of these truthers or whatever they are seem to think that planes didn't go into the towers for instance that September Clues. Also they say a plane wasn't flown into the Pentagon, so where did the plane and it's passengers go seriously give me a feasible reason...? And the other side of the coin if the planes did go into the towers then why release these so called fake videos to the media? These random guys filming on the street, and the eye-witnesses, there all part of it?

Suddenly everybody is a steel expert, photographic and video expert..i mean seriously the only sensible video i've seen is the one that blames Israelies, who i believe are the real culprits imo, and not osama, or bush for that matter.

Really, the Jews? What year is this?

Israel doesn't need to fly planes into buildings to control our foreign policy. They have the AIPAC for that.

however considering that we are bombing the living shit out of countries, killing their people over this, i would say that NOT to question is actually the far more ignorant and shameful thing.

so again. SHAME ON YOU

I completely agree with you.

This is what annoys me about the Western world. It only matters when OUR citizens die, right? Not the massive amounts of people our ignorant countries are murdering in cold blood overseas. Millions of families destroyed, a country on the brink of a humanity crisis, .... NO wmd's found. Good move, USA. As if.

Don't get me wrong, it's a tragedy that people were killed in 9/11. But where are the tears for all them people dead overseas? Where are the tears for all the people who died in the Rwandan genocide? The States was indirectly responsible for that too. The United States are just wardogs. Not the citizens, but every administration. It's disgusting. They've ruined more than one country.

Again, it's a tragedy about 9/11. But the amount of people that the USA is responsible for killing overseas... Well, let's just say "Turn the channel" because it's too disturbing to watch.

I'm from Australia, so I'm aware that my own country isn't any better. Here's to hoping with Kevin Rudd as PM we turn away from this ignorant, "patriotic" USA mentality and adopt something better than Howard's "Follow Bush" ideology. Idiot.

EDIT: VOTE IN SOMEONE GOOD, USA!

You are saying that majin's research is sloppy well how can research be totally 100% not sloppy if know one really knows what happened that day. We are seeking and searching for explanations because we do not believe 100% what we have been seen and told.

You've missed the point. The 9/11 conspiracy theorists rely on sloppy research in order to prove their points. There isn't a single argument put forth by them that didn't rely on some sort of logical fallacy, sloppy research, quotes taken out of context or a misuse of physics. Not a single argument. Which means that their arguments have no merit whatsoever. If they did have merit, they would not need to make such mistakes.

There are two possibilities for why conspiracy theorists are like this:

1) The theorists want to find the truth but are incompetent. They're too stupid to use proper investigative techniques and logic;

or

2) The theorists don't want to find the truth and are purposely trying to mislead people for whatever reason.

The sheer dishonesty displayed by a lot of the theorists suggests it's the latter. They never say, "Oh, it looks like I was wrong about that". Instead, they rationalize and rationalize using more and more faulty arguments. But in either case, the conspiracy theorists have proven that they are unreliable sources.

If no one knows what happened that day, then we can only make hypotheses about it. But in order for hypotheses to be useful, you have to be able to test them and determine which is more likely. That's the whole point. The hypotheses put forth by the conspiracy theorists have failed the tests, so they are invalid as far as anyone can logically conclude. That's all there is to it.

I never stated at any time that we shouldn't question anything. I said that the 9/11 conspiracy theories are wrong by considering the body of evidence that they've presented.

You're all correct when you say "we have to look at both sides" but you forget the key point of that: to figure out which side is more likely to be correct based on the evidence we have at hand. Unless a side can present an argument that is not riddled with holes and logical fallacies, whatever they say must be treated as nonsense. This is the real world we're talking about, not some high school essay where you can argue both sides and still be right.

AND with regards to the planes. if you read ANYTHING it did state that the planes did crash just that it wasn't enough to bring down the towers according the theory it did NOT say that the people on the planes were not killed nor did it in anyway dishonor their memories, flight 93 is still considered heroes, the issue is however if they were heroes and the governement shot them down anyways. Maybe if you read insead of just attacked you woudn't be in such a hurry to judge people who are willing to look at another side of a coin.

Don't be stupid. There are claims that it was a missile or a remote controlled plane that hit the buildings (or the Pentagon) instead of a real plane with real people on board. Don't tell me you don't see how that's disrespectful to the dead.

Default, yes, conspiracy theories are sometimes really out there. Damn right they are - that's why they are "conspiracy theories" and not "mainstream theories." Kind of the whole cornerstone of what a conspiracy theory means, really.

And I doubt anyone on ANY side of this debate feels that the deaths of 5,000 people that day is any way meaningless or less horrific than another. If anything, a good deal of conspiracy theorists feel that the involvement of the American government makes those deaths far, far more horrifying than any regular attack.

And Danny, touche. Between 9/11 and the war - roughly 7,000 US soldiers and civilians have died since 9/11.

Over 100,000 Iraqi civilians have died since 9/11. The death toll number of Iraqi soldier's isn't quite known.

It's a goddamn tradegy on so many levels.

Don't be stupid. There are claims that it was a missile or a remote controlled plane that hit the buildings (or the Pentagon) instead of a real plane with real people on board. Don't tell me you don't see how that's disrespectful to the dead.

What are you talking about?? It's not in any way disrespectful to the dead. I have a lot of respect for the victims and their families, which is a big part of why some of us are trying to get to the bottom of this. If it was a conspiracy, those that were killed would want the truth exposed. No matter how they were murdered, it was still horrible and wrong. So quit saying that this controversy has ANYTHING to do with disrespecting those who were killed!!

What are you talking about?? It's not in any way disrespectful to the dead. I have a lot of respect for the victims and their families, which is a big part of why some of us are trying to get to the bottom of this. If it was a conspiracy, those that were killed would want the truth exposed. No matter how they were murdered, it was still horrible and wrong. So quit saying that this controversy has ANYTHING to do with disrespecting those who were killed!!

Are you really this dense or are you just good at playing dumb? A lot of people ON THE PLANES died but some 9/11 conspiracy nutjobs are claiming that there were no planes and it was just a missile or a remote controlled plane that crashed (e.g. all the "questions" about why there wasn't enough debris at the Pentagon, etc). If I were you, I'd talk to your schoolboard and ask them why your comprehension skills are so poor even after so many years of schooling. You clearly didn't get your time's worth.

Are you really this dense or are you just good at playing dumb? A lot of people ON THE PLANES died but some nutjobs are claiming that there were no planes and it was just a missile or a remote controlled plane that crashed. If I were you, I'd talk to your schoolboard and ask them why your comprehension skills are so poor even after so many years of schooling. You clearly didn't get your time's worth.

Evidently, your comprehension skills need some work since you didn't understand anything I wrote. And you made no valid point in that paragraph. Those "nutjobs" are saying that a plane didn't hit the pentagon. Obviously there were planes that crashed into the trade centers. It was on national TV. The people that believe in the conspiracy know the people were killed, they just don't think they were on a plane that hit the pentagon.

Oh and default_user, I am sorry for attacking you. I'm not usually like that. I don't really think you are dumb. I just got really defensive just then haha. I'm sorry. I guess me and you just aren't communicating very well.

Oh and default_user, I am sorry for attacking you. I'm not usually like that. I don't really think you are dumb. I just got really defensive just then haha. I'm sorry. I guess me and you just aren't communicating very well.

lol babsdancer you made me laugh with this paragraph atleast you can say sorry for getting a little rude to people, default I think if you can't be nice about this topic maybe you shouldn't visit it anymore. I didn't want my topic to get turned into a fight ok? control your emotions, anger only makes your points look less convincing. You don't have to get personal to make a point. :(

Are you really this dense or are you just good at playing dumb? A lot of people ON THE PLANES died but some 9/11 conspiracy nutjobs are claiming that there were no planes and it was just a missile or a remote controlled plane that crashed (e.g. all the "questions" about why there wasn't enough debris at the Pentagon, etc). If I were you, I'd talk to your schoolboard and ask them why your comprehension skills are so poor even after so many years of schooling. You clearly didn't get your time's worth.

The conspiracy theorists claim that the people that were on the plane that allegedly hit the pentagon were taken to some military base and executed.

The conspiracy theorists claim that the people that were on the plane that allegedly hit the pentagon were taken to some military base and executed.

see your lumping them all in one again, theres multiple conspiracy's and as i said some are bullshit and just harm the whole 9/11 "truth movement", its things like this hologram crap and missile stuff that make it sound so inplausible.

i get where the missile hitting pentagon thing MAY have came from (unusual lack of wreckage of plane) but the hologram one is downright stupid, we've all seen the videos of the planes hitting the towers. i think its 100% with out a doubt planes hit them.

lol babsdancer you made me laugh with this paragraph atleast you can say sorry for getting a little rude to people, default I think if you can't be nice about this topic maybe you shouldn't visit it anymore. I didn't want my topic to get turned into a fight ok? control your emotions, anger only makes your points look less convincing. You don't have to get personal to make a point. :(

hahaha yeah I felt a little bad about contributing to the bickering and being kind of condescending. I really hate when people do it to me.

As long as people are believing theories that are clearly stupid, I'll keep pointing that out. I'm not angry at all. I am purposely being condescending because some of you deserve it for being so illogical. You are not thinking rationally. When you get into the real world, you'll find that people won't give you the benefit of the doubt. So just consider this a preview of what you can expect when you say something stupid professionally.

I'm really sorry to say it, but most of you haven't logically thought things through and it shows, especially because you keep ignoring various points that have been brought up. You're emotionally vested in the conspiracy theory because it appeals to you on some level. But you have to realize that you aren't being rational. It's OK if you never realize it, though, since half the population is below average in intelligence, so you'd be in good company. But really, if you actually want to understand things on a better level, then you'd carefully consider exactly what's wrong with these theories and what makes them unreliable.

This link explains why people are drawn to conspiracy theories (it's a site which discredits the idea that the moon landings were fake, another crackpot theory):

http://www.clavius.org/why.html

Evidently, your comprehension skills need some work since you didn't understand anything I wrote. And you made no valid point in that paragraph. Those "nutjobs" are saying that a plane didn't hit the pentagon. Obviously there were planes that crashed into the trade centers. It was on national TV. The people that believe in the conspiracy know the people were killed, they just don't think they were on a plane that hit the pentagon.

And you don't think that it's at least a tad bit disrespectful to the people who died (and their families) on AA 77 to claim that they either didn't actually die or that they died in a fashion different than what really happened?

I really didn't think I had to connect the dots to have you understand that.

As long as people are believing theories that are clearly stupid, I'll keep pointing that out. I'm not angry at all. I am purposely being condescending because some of you deserve it for being so illogical. You are not thinking rationally. When you get into the real world, you'll find that people won't give you the benefit of the doubt. So just consider this a preview of what you can expect when you say something stupid professionally.

I'm really sorry to say it, but most of you haven't logically thought things through and it shows, especially because you keep ignoring various points that have been brought up. You're emotionally vested in the conspiracy theory because it appeals to you on some level. But you have to realize that you aren't being rational. It's OK if you never realize it, though, since half the population is below average in intelligence, so you'd be in good company. But really, if you actually want to understand things on a better level, then you'd carefully consider exactly what's wrong with these theories and what makes them unreliable.

This link explains why people are drawn to conspiracy theories (it's a site which discredits the idea that the moon landings were fake, another crackpot theory):

see your painting the picture of stupidity but i just dont buy it. why would so many people in professional positions of authority in government office, intelligence agencies, architects and engineers believe it was an inside job? are these people stupid? are people stupid who look at history and see governments have committed false flag operations before, America itself has got themselves into war by this very means (gulf of tonkin incident to get into vietnam war) and thus 9/11 may just be another one in a long line of false flag operations.

As long as people are believing theories that are clearly stupid, I'll keep pointing that out. I'm not angry at all. I am purposely being condescending because some of you deserve it for being so illogical. You are not thinking rationally. When you get into the real world, you'll find that people won't give you the benefit of the doubt. So just consider this a preview of what you can expect when you say something stupid professionally. ( Not you directly I can see you are pretty smart even if you are on the opposite kind of the debate )

It's more like people get looked down upon or told to shutup for actually thinking different from the rest of the sheep population. Everyone thinks the same (well people are starting to actually think outside the box I think) "When you get into the real world, you'll find that people won't give you the benefit of the doubt." well that just proves right there people can't even think for themselves, they can't even doubt a theory? or even consider it? wow the government should just take our brains out and implant robot one's it wouldn't make a difference from the way you put it.

I know alot of people have been killed even over thinking different or having a certain point or uncovering alot of things in our History, You are trying to say we don't have a freedom of speech, well sorry we should learn to stand up more and not be so bubble headed. :)

see your painting the picture of stupidity but i just dont buy it. why would so many people in professional positions of authority in government office, intelligence agencies, architects and engineers believe it was an inside job? are these people stupid?

Yes, they are. Just because someone appears to be speaking from a position of authority does not mean that they aren't stupid or that they don't subscribe to conspiracy theories. (Aside: I would not trust GWB to teach my kids basic English, for example, and he's POTUS). Really, you have to evaluate what they are saying and determine if it makes sense or not. None of the people that you've pointed out had any insider information about 9/11, so their statements don't constitute proof. And regardless of what position of authority they are in, if they make arguments that can be shown to be false or highly suspect, then they are wrong.

As for the engineers and architects, I believe you are referring to ae911truth. While its true they are engineers and architects who believe in the conspiracy theory, it makes no difference. Their arguments are demonstrably false. Richard Gage founded the movement and likes to give a presentation on his theory. He frontloads it by putting up the AIA (architect's institute) logo and indicating that he has the support of a few engineers and architects. He is setting up a logical fallacy - the appeal to authority. By building up his authority as an architect, he hopes to convince his audience to accept his conclusions without questioning him. He starts the presentation by making a few claims: controlled demolition can be identified by < list of various factors >. He then goes on to show that the buildings in 9/11 showed those < list of various factors >. The problem here is that he has not established the first statement to be true. HE says "controlled demolition can be identified by < list of various factors >" and expect you to believe it without question. He gives no references or calculations. In the scientific and engineering community, this is very easily recognized and indicates dishonesty. Once you accept that the first statement is true, he can easily convince you that 9/11 was controlled demolition. The trick was to recognize that he didn't prove that the first statement was true. In fact, ae911truth.org can be easily debunked by someone with no engineering or architectural experience and I'd encourage you to see how that's done without any messy calculations. See http://www.ae911truth.info/ which exposes several outright lies. Click the link AE PowerPoint for a slide by slide discussion of everything that's wrong.

So how did he convince a bunch of his fellow engineers and architects? Architects and engineers don't all specialize in the same thing and many might not be familiar with controlled demolition. If an engineer doesn't know something, they defer to another engineer's expertise. In the professional world, this is fine because that other engineer is liable for anything he or she signs. But if they defer for the purposes of this advocacy group, they basically shut off their brain and let this guy's presentation convince them. All they had to do was accept his first statement, "controlled demolition can be identified by < list of various factors >" and they would logically agree with him. Of course, another, more cynical, reason for them joining up with him is that out of any graduating class of engineers or architects, someone had to rank dead last. (I only offer that as a possibility. I have a professional obligation not to doubt other engineering professionals unless I can show they somehow failed to uphold their professional standards; belonging to an advocacy group, no matter how misguided that may be, does not necessarily mean they aren't competent professionals in their area of expertise.)

It's more like people get looked down upon or told to shutup for actually thinking different from the rest of the sheep population. Everyone thinks the same (well people are starting to actually think outside the box I think) "When you get into the real world, you'll find that people won't give you the benefit of the doubt." well that just proves right there people can't even think for themselves, they can't even doubt a theory? or even consider it? wow the government should just take our brains out and implant robot one's it wouldn't make a difference from the way you put it.

Don't take my quote out of context. I was specifically discussing why I was being so purposely condescending. People won't give you the benefit of the doubt if you say something stupid. They won't assume that it was a little mistake, they'd assume that you are stupid, period. This particular point - about why I am purposely being condescending - had nothing to do with the issue of believing in conspiracies. Rather, I'm simply telling you that you shouldn't expect to be coddled in the professional world. You'll get cussed at for being stupid if you really were stupid.

And I really love that you called people sheep, because it plays right into the stereotype of conspiracy believers thinking that they are better than the sheep but are, in fact, the ones who are being manipulated by the conspiracy theorists. They absolutely love to make you believe that you're better than the sheep because it allows them to get a better hook into you.

Why did you inject a parenthetical sentence into the first paragraph of what I wrote? I did not write that and I'd appreciate it if you didn't give people the impression that I did.

I was actually in NYC when the attack happened. I had travelled there for a concert. I was staying on the 18th floor of a hotel right opposite Madison Square Garden. I think I woke up at exactly the same time the first plane hit the tower. I went outside to get a milk-shake from McDonalds but everything was closed, the traffic had stopped and people were listening to the car radios. I didn't know what was happening, I just assumed there was a bomb alert somewhere. Then we arrived at Times Square just in time to see the 2nd plane hit the tower on the TV screens. We were flying back to the UK the same day but all flights were cancelled. We had to stay for at least another week sharing rooms at the hotel. I could see the smoke from my window...

I'm 50-50 on my opinion about what actually happened. However I tend to go towards the conspiracy theory side...

I really recommend watching Fahrenheit 9/11 by Michael Moore and Lord of War with Nicholas Cage.

I think you are not realising many other people feel this way too, you keep saying people are stupid. I'm not even on one side totally. Talking with you is kind of like talking to a brick wall and you keep repeating youself, we keep having to say the same things over and over but you still reply with the same paragraph over and over. It's starting to get pointless.

Sheep was my word I thought of that best described how people think in this world today( well most) not what I have read or what some crazy stupid "crackpot put into my head" okay ? because you know sheep follow each other around, get it ? :)

Are you so scared of looking different or being called stupid? let them call me stupid, do I care no ? I've started to not care what any one thinks about me instead of my family & friends. So this whole you'll look stupid comments are not working. I'm sorry you are scared of being called stupid but that must be a self phobia thing? because I really don't care.

I think its important to note that the website noted NUMEROUS conspiracy theories, some of which did include the planes actually crashing. It was that in which i referred to. but thank you default_user for completely overlooking that, reading whatever the hell you want and making an inference.

it just makes you look stupid.

and the next time you call ME stupid you had damn well better know what you're talking about. that is not a remark i take lightly by any means. especially with a degree in anthropology and an understanding of cultural and human dignity.

I was actually in NYC when the attack happened. I had travelled there for a concert. I was staying on the 18th floor of a hotel right opposite Madison Square Garden. I think I woke up at exactly the same time the first plane hit the tower. I went outside to get a milk-shake from McDonalds but everything was closed, the traffic had stopped and people were listening to the car radios. I didn't know what was happening, I just assumed there was a bomb alert somewhere. Then we arrived at Times Square just in time to see the 2nd plane hit the tower on the TV screens. We were flying back to the UK the same day but all flights were cancelled. We had to stay for at least another week sharing rooms at the hotel. I could see the smoke from my window...

I'm 50-50 on my opinion about what actually happened. However I tend to go towards the conspiracy theory side...

I really recommend watching Fahrenheit 9/11 by Michael Moore and Lord of War with Nicholas Cage.

Yeh that was a pretty interesting, do see it.:)

how about the fact that no jews were present at the WTC that day coz they'd had been notified about 2 hours before hand by the isreali embassay... and teh fact that 4 so called isreali students were found dancin and takin pictures of the WTC collapsing and celebratin in jubilation.. they were later found to be mossad agents who were found in a van with explosives and shit.. and hey fox news actually ran a story on this but later took in out of their records of mossad agents who were stealin the identies of arab guys in teh US just so that they could frame them.. but hey these guitly mossad agents were set free and werent even charged.. FREE Just like that.. oh and mohammad atta.. the supposed hijacker was a mossad agent.. so really this whole thing was a mossad operation which framed the arab world.. just to start an agenda on teh middle east.. and bush and co knew knowledge of this and co -operated.. oh and im not tryin to sound like an anti jew person/ or tryin to be racist here..

The fuck you're not trying to be an anti-Semite. "Gee, I think that there's a gigantic Jewish conspiracy to murder thousands of Americans, but I don't hate Jews." Bullshit. You want to know about Jews who were in or near the WTC that day? There's me for starters. I went to high school four [short] blocks away and was in my chemistry class when it happened. After the school was evacuated, they set it up for use as a triage center. Once they let us back in the school, I got to watch truckload after truckload of metal being taken away from the site for months on end.

Then there's my mom, who had an appointment in the WTC for that afternoon. Then there's my cousin, who worked in one of the buildings adjacent to the WTC. Or the mom of one of my friends from Hebrew School. Her father died several years ago from cancer, and when the towers were falling, her school wouldn't let her watch what was happening on TV, so she just had to hope and pray that she wasn't suddenly an orphan.

Where did I go when my school was evacuated? Well, I couldn't get home because I come from Queens and my usual subway stop was buried under innumerable tons of metal, and all the subways were closed, so I walked four miles uptown with a friend to her house. This friend also happens to be Jewish. Before I found this friend to walk with, I was walking with another group of friends, some of whom are Jewish. So tell me, who are all these Jews who went home early that day, and why don't I know any of them?

Thank you Wolf's Rain and default_user for actually being sensible human beings. You want to know why people hate conspiracy theorists? Because they are sad pathetic fucks who come up with theories like that.