Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smc0617

neck breakouts

i've noticed the past few months or so i've been breaking out a little above my neck, like under my chin. does anyone know what causes these breakouts? i don't remember getting them there before?

im 29 year old female. could it be hormonal? if so, what would people suggest for hormonal acne?

It could be hormonal, or it could be from your hair, or if you aren't rinsing well under you chin after you wash, or it could be a new product, or it could be from wearing turtle necks in the winter. But I would think it's probably hormonal. But I'm no Doc, so you might ask him :) .

It could be hormonal, or it could be from your hair, or if you aren't rinsing well under you chin after you wash, or it could be a new product, or it could be from wearing turtle necks in the winter. But I would think it's probably hormonal. But I'm no Doc, so you might ask him :) .

My derm asked if I ever breakout on my neck under my chin and sometimes I do, which he said is hormonal. Also if you are only breaking out on your chin and or around your mouth this is also suppose to be hormonal. I just started breaking out last year at 33 when I had my tubes tied. I had been on the ortho evra patch for years which causes you to not ovulate. As soon as I was "fixed" my skin started looking like crap. I never had breakouts before, just the occasional blemish here and there. Now my hormones are all out of whack. I just went to the derm 12/31 and he put me on minocycline 2x a day a retin-a at night. I will go back to see him in three weeks to see how things are working. He did say that if things don't clear up for me then we'd talk about hormonal treatment, whatever that may be. If someone else out there is doing hormone treatment please let me know!

I've been using Yasmin BCP.... Also, a combination treatment of glycolic acid and strong salicylic acid.. My chin is finally really clear. Though, I have to stress that from what I've read Yasmin isn't for everyone.

Just for reference, I'm 34.

Neck breakouts - bleh. They drive me crazy.

For me, I think that they are at least partly hormonal (I've been on loestrin fe 1/20 for 3 years, and it hasn't affected my acne at all) and partly due to irritation. I love scarves and turtlenecks, but I found if I don't wear them often, my neck is much happier.

I think paying attention to diet and a combination of aha's and bha's has helped reduce my neck breakouts.

He did say that if things don't clear up for me then we'd talk about hormonal treatment, whatever that may be. If someone else out there is doing hormone treatment please let me know!

I think is allergic. :X

I got like 3-4 around my ear.. same time.

could be what u eating. not sure...

is rare to get acne on the neck around.

I actually use nothing for it.. just wait till is gone ;) doesn't take long.

Well, i don't know if this helps but i actually apply toner on my neck too. I noticed that i get A LOT of dirt off my neck when i apply toner to it. Actually i think our necks can be pretty dirty as they do not get the same kind of attention as our face and i think grime and dirt can be a big cause of acne.

Try cleaning your neck regularly. Think it will help. :D