Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ivana

acne scars

Hello,

I posted my acne scars photos...Pls let me know your opinion whether CO2 laser can do something in my case? Any other recommendations?

I'm thinking to do CO2 laser treatment on lower part of the face but not sure if I will have permanent discoloration or my treated skin become equal to non treated skin.

Pls help me.

Thank you!!!

post-7179-1199971734_thumb.jpg

post-7179-1199971734_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I posted my acne scars photos...Pls let me know your opinion whether CO2 laser can do something in my case? Any other recommendations?

I'm thinking to do CO2 laser treatment on lower part of the face but not sure if I will have permanent discoloration or my treated skin become equal to non treated skin.

Pls help me.

Thank you!!!

Hi Ivana, I had C02 treatment 10yrs ago, unless things have dramatically improved i would stay away from it, it did nothing for my scars and thinned out my skin so they looked a lot worse, they look good while you are swollen then go back to normal a few weeks later,also the down time is grotesque, red bleeding and weeping for days!

Hello,

Pls help me.

Thank you!!!

Hi Ivana, I had C02 treatment 10yrs ago, unless things have dramatically improved i would stay away from it, it did nothing for my scars and thinned out my skin so they looked a lot worse, they look good while you are swollen then go back to normal a few weeks later,also the down time is grotesque, red bleeding and weeping for days!

Ivana have a look at TCA Cross. It seems to be doing wonders for people. Maybe Fraxel can help too. I wish you all the best. :D

Hi ivana,

My chin looked somewhat like yours maybe a tiny bit better, but not much. I also have a scar on my lower cheek like yours but it's deeper. I've had two fraxels and my skin has improved, especially the tone. The cheek scar hasn't improved, but my chin has really evened out. Scares are still there, but slightly evening out. Like most people say, the ice pick scars haven't improved much, but the more shallower scares are starting to fill in.

If you do go with Fraxel, make sure it's Fraxel 2 and try to start with the highest setting the doctor allows you to.

Good luck with your decision.

Hi ivana,

My chin looked somewhat like yours maybe a tiny bit better, but not much. I also have a scar on my lower cheek like yours but it's deeper. I've had two fraxels and my skin has improved, especially the tone. The cheek scar hasn't improved, but my chin has really evened out. Scares are still there, but slightly evening out. Like most people say, the ice pick scars haven't improved much, but the more shallower scares are starting to fill in.

If you do go with Fraxel, make sure it's Fraxel 2 and try to start with the highest setting the doctor allows you to.

Good luck with your decision.

My chin is also similar. I have had three fraxels and have seen an improvement. I would also recommed.

I agree with the fraxel suggestions. It looks like your scars are mostly rolling, so fraxel should help.