Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CBurns

Why wait 5 to 15 minutes for your pores to close?

In "The Regimen" it is recommended that you wait 5-15 minutes after washing before applying the benzoyl peroxide to allow the skin to dry and the pores to close, but why? It seems to me that you would want the benzoyl peroxide to penetrate the pores, especially if it had been clogged and had bacteria multiplying inside of it.

i dont know...but i apply BP straight away after cleansing...toning...then BP..I thought in that order your skin is the most ready to absorb?? That's what the salesgirl in clinique said?

Trial and error. This is how it works best. Pores being open or closed makes no difference. The vehicle of benzoyl peroxide is so miniscule that it could penetrate the tiniest of pores easily. I don't know why it works best this way, it just does.

I can also vouch for waiting 5 min and don't know why it works best this way either. I just know it does from experience of trying out both methods.

Waiting after the wash is a good idea, just so your skin is dry, and the BP can be applied better. This should be five minutes at least. (I recommend at LEAST ten, or so)

Now, after applying BP wait EXACTLY fifteen minutes. Let it seep into the skin, and make sure to rub it in softly. Sometimes, you need to wait less, so your skin is not TOO dry for the moisturize application...

Keep on the regimen, punks.