Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
otis20

My Scar Photos...

Hey here is the link to a slide show of three photos showing side on of either cheek and then a front on picture.

I would really appreciate if some of you could take the time to look at the images and let me know what type of scarring, the severity and if a chemical peel or any other treatment would be successful on this type.

Thanks

Hey here is the link to a slide show of three photos showing side on of either cheek and then a front on picture.

I would really appreciate if some of you could take the time to look at the images and let me know what type of scarring, the severity and if a chemical peel or any other treatment would be successful on this type.

I've been really down about my skin lately and was hoping someone could shed some light.

Thanks

http://img266.imageshack.us/slideshow/play...9958390esj.smil

Hey, Thanks for your response.

Those pictures show the worst of the scars so thats good, it took me a while to be able to get them on camera because it never really came out, it just depends on the light. Some lights you cant see anything.

I was thinking a medium chemical peel from what i have read but would a demobrasion be a better option i thought they pretty much did the same thing.

a medium chemical peel could be an option...it will go down into a couple layers of skin. i would talk to your dr to see which one he/she suggest would be most beneficial for your skin.

are you talking about dermabrasion or micordermabrasion? the reason i ask is because they're two entirely different procedures. dermabrasion goes down much deeper in the skin and involves more down time by the patient. some people need atleast 6 months to recover which includes a lot of facial bruising and healing.

microdermabrasion on the other hand is often called, "the lunch time peel". most people can go to their dr's office and be out in 30-60 mins with minimal side effects. sometimes just a little redness.

I found microdermabrasion to be worthless, personally. I can do just as much at home with a baby brush, & very mild peeling agents.

Just thought I'd add this regarding Smoothbeam and redness. I've had lots of them done - usually do a series every fall/winter for the last several years. It's a slow process but it definately helps. I read on here a long time ago that you have to have it done at a high level and I would agree with that. It has not caused any lasting redness at all in my case. I look terrible at the doctors office, by the time I get home any redness is usually gone. One time I still had slight pinkness on one side that was gone within a couple of hours. Don't expect to see any major changes anytime soon. I usually have some microscopic swelling for a couple of days (nobody but me notices it - it makes the scars look better) then at about 4 - 6 weeks you can see some change. It tends to gradually improve over about a 6 month period. I like it because I think it does help and there really is no downtime. I've put makeup on following the procedure and have had no problem going out in public right away. I've had the best results on bigger scars - it really does smooth them out. Not so much luck with smaller ice pick types. I've had small blisters on two occassions (they went away without any scarring) and pretty large welts one time (they resolved over the course of about a week).

Hope that helps. For what it's worth, I don't think your scarring looks bad at all. I'm certainly not a doctor, but I would think that one of the prescription topicals or one of the milder lasers would help a great deal. Smoothbeam seems to have come down in price over the past couple of years, too.

I wouldn't do an overall treatment, meaning that I would only treat the scars. You have great skin tone in general so please don't mess with that. Another thing is that your lucky that your scars are in the hollows of your cheeks. The only thing I would try is subcision and restylane as a filler. Treat the scars and not healthy skin please!

I don't have much experience in scar treatment, and what I've tried is unsuccessful. I can say that it's a big plus that you don't have any pigmentation, and there is no active acne present! I have found that in healing my acne I have little physical scarring, but I have a problem with pigmented skin. I have heard Zinc helps for repairing damaged skin, but don't quote me on it.

Your scares aren't that bad. You have nice skin tone too. Check out cesar2 photos in the gallery. She did Fraxel and her scares improved. You might also try topicals. Good luck with your choice.

I took a look at your pictures.

I live with a face full of extremely deep scars that are very much noticable in ANY light. I would be ecstatic with your skin!

I know my condition has nothing to do with you, but I also know that sometimes it's nice to be envied.

Just wanted to let you know I envy you. lol.

Good luck on your treatments if you wish to follow through with any.

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not they think a medium chemical peel or fraxel would be better for this type of scarring.

Also is there a high risk of pigmentation or any other issues associated with medium chemical peels that i should watch out for.

Thanks!

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not they think a medium chemical peel or fraxel would be better for this type of scarring.

Also is there a high risk of pigmentation or any other issues associated with medium chemical peels that i should watch out for.

Thanks!

I've been really down about my skin lately and was hoping someone could shed some light.

Thanks

Your scars aren't that bad. You should try fillers. The rest of your skin is really good and you are young, so they may improve. You should avoid the sun, because it will degrade the collagen in your skin and make them more noticeable later on.

Thanks

When i went to the derm he seemed to think they were negligble and chose not to prescribe any treatment which is frustrating because if they were negligble i wouldnt be seeing him.

i think you face is good...no acne at all just lido scar..i dont think thats a big problem though...you know sometime when u look at ur face and you think its look bad but other people dont really think the way ur thinking...srry i dont have any answer for you....good luck with that..