Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miss.chaNel

it helped my redness..

I recently (3 weeks ago) started doing the oil cleansing method and it has cleared up all of my facial redness. I have extremely smooth skin now, and overall my facial skin looks better. I mix about 1/4 teaspoon castor oil to about 1 teaspoon olive oil. I simply then take the mixture with dry hands and rub it onto my dry, unclean face. I then rinse with lukewarm water. Since a little bit stays on, i no longer moisturize. =]

if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Heya, im thinking of trying this to see if it works... just one question; how long do you leave the mixture on until you rinse it off? Thanks, Dan

Yep, helped me immensly aswell.

Basically most here have sensitive dry irritated skin from using harsh products which is what causes redness. Oil cleansing method restore moisture back to your skin thus removing the redness.

It seems since that one girl signed up recently and began pimping the oil cleansing method many people have used it with success. Good to hear. Hopefully if more people try it over an extended period of time there will be more positive testimonials.

I was thinking of using it as well, but I've been experiencing success with just Aloe Vera; such as the one you'd buy from a convenient store. I swear, prior to this I've had problems with EVERY type of cleanser. Even those designed for sensitive skin. It's never been an issue of controlling acne, but more of the redness, blotchiness, and oilyness which accompanies cleansing.

Since I've been using Aloe Vera (which I massage on my wet face and let stand for about a minute before washing off), I've noticed an immediate reduction in post-cleansing oil. For as long as I could remember, three/four hours after cleansing you could always count on oil beginning to surface. Now, after only using Aloe Vera as a cleanser twice a day for three days it has taken far longer.

It's not long enough to draw conclusions, but it's a good start. I'm a believer in sticking with a cleanser for two weeks (unless its effects are detrimental -- as BP's were). One problem is my redness hasn't noticeably decreased with Aloe Vera. I'm hoping the reduction in oil production is step one before reducing redness.

will all the oil cause break outs on people with naturally oily skin? that sounds really good im going to try it!

i was thinking the same thing.

I might just give this a try. I have slight facial redness and I am pretty sure dryness is the culprit but anytime I have tried moisturisers in the past to deal with it, even sensitive skin and natural ones, I experience clogged pores and my normally dry skin becomes extremely oily/greasy. I try mixing them with water or only using small amounts but I feel my skin is left not being properly moisturised.

If most of the oil is being wiped off the skin while still allowing for some moisture retention then this method sounds like it could be helpful.

I agree with Jenstar above that I normally wouldn't let oils anywhere near my skin but these products aint expensive and it sounds promising so I may give it a shot.