Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
djQuake

TCA CROSS

I bought a scar kit from that website mytcapeel.com

I put it on last night only where I have scars with the toothpicks they provided in the kit. It frosted the skin and then the burning sensation went away after 10 mins

i noticed after a couple hours there was alot of redness around the areas i put the acid...some of the areas where I put the acid and where I had large areas of scarring i covered more

I woke up today with purple skin where I had put the acid. It looks like I have bruises or purple patches

should I be concerned or is this normal and will go away? Those who have done it...PLEASE ADVISE!!

of course I didnt put anything after i did the peel cus the instructions werent clear and i jus found out from their website that I should have applied an antibacterial ointment.

I also left the acid for a long time while i was going through the other areas on my face

what can I do to reduce the ugly looking patches?

I bought a scar kit from that website mytcapeel.com

I put it on last night only where I have scars with the toothpicks they provided in the kit. It frosted the skin and then the burning sensation went away after 10 mins

i noticed after a couple hours there was alot of redness around the areas i put the acid...some of the areas where I put the acid and where I had large areas of scarring i covered more

I woke up today with purple skin where I had put the acid. It looks like I have bruises or purple patches

should I be concerned or is this normal and will go away? Those who have done it...PLEASE ADVISE!!

of course I didnt put anything after i did the peel cus the instructions werent clear and i jus found out from their website that I should have applied an antibacterial ointment.

I also left the acid for a long time while i was going through the other areas on my face

what can I do to reduce the ugly looking patches?

Um... did you any research at all into TCA Cross? Yes that is perfectly normal, and you didn't expect your scars to just raise up and look like your normal skin color the next day did you?

No, I didnt expect for normal skin the next day, but I sure didnt expect purple skin tones lol...i expected more of redness like when I have had lazer treatments.

I did read up on it but more about how it helps scars and the benefits, etc but nothing on how my face would end up looking like I had been scraped across the road.

I was also freaked out cus I did this in my left temples, on my cheeks, on the lower side of the face(near the neck). and those areas are large areas, so its not like i had little dots on my face, but more of purple paches and circles.

I do appreciate that u take the time to give your input. I remember the last time I posted here about the TCA LAtte and u gave me some info about theres no need to wash it off and that even on CROSS you had not heard of washing it off after a few mins.

I am very new to all this peeling deal and this was my first time using such a high level of acid. the only other time I did a peel was with the latte and that really cant even be considered a peel cus of how mild it was.

If anyone else can share their experiences I would really appreciate it.

ps I am afraid to leave my skin dry without the antibiotic ointment cus it looks like its gonna turn into a scab like the ones u get on your knees when u scrape them. I have been putting on and leaving the ointment all day to keep the patches and circles moist because of the fear of hard scabs. I came home and washed my face and I noticed one of the circles just peeled off and left a red area, i guess this is a good sign

ps It was pretty scary to wake up in the morning and see purple rather than jus redness.

Would it be best if I stop using the antibiotic ointment and let the circles dryout or would it be best to continue aplying the ointment all day?

Keep the treated areas moist with an antibiotic ointment, aquaphor, OR petrolatum jelly (like Vaseline) UNTIL scabs form. After scabs form, do NOT pick the scabs. Allow them to fall off naturally. Wash gently, trying to avoid damaging the scabs. Once the scabs fall off, then you can moisturize again (but you don't need heavy duty moisturizer). Wear sunscreen of SPF 30 for at least six months after you've done a CROSS.