Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am posting this thread to basically gather information on which products everyone feels have given them the most success. Whether it be over the counter topicals, or prescription drugs/topicals. I am interested in hearing which products are universally advocated so I can create a daily regimen or consider certain products. It is difficult to weed out successful treatments through the hundreds of products that are out there, and I am curious to see which ones people find the most effective.

I am looking forward to your input

My answer, that of course, differs with everyone:

Garnier Nutritioniste Cream Cleanser or Daily Basis Bar, immediately follow by Dove Deep Moisturizing Cream when not out in public. Out of the hundreds of products i've tried, those combinations are probably the ones that have worked the greatest. Of course, this was after my acne was under control. My face is even now, and it no longer feels dry in any case.

For me, the "regimen of adding bp to your face," which I had done even before coming to the Org, cleared my face. After which, it made everything easier- and I no longer had to use a "treatment" but more so just a calming cleanser and moisturizer.

As mhmm said, everyone's different, but I've had great success with Pendo Pads for body acne, and Cetaphil cleanser has been a godsend for me after trying a million different cleansers. I'm still working on a moisturizer. I know a lot of people feel Cetaphil isn't such a great cleanser, so to each their own I guess.

Got my basic regimen down to three products, but I like quite a few more...

CeraVe moisturizer

Any good glycolic acid product, currently Paula's Choice 8%

Makeup Artist's Choice 8% Salicylic Acid

CeraVe moisturizer

CeraVe moisturizer

Which CeraVe moisturizer are you using, the cream or lotion?

I didnt even know AHA and SA came in eight percent. I guess we learn something new everyday :)

morning i use aveeno ultra calming face wash and then moisturize with glycerin and water mix

at night i use castor oil to deep cleanse, moisturize with glycerin and water mix, put on my retinoid, and then petroleum jelly...my skin has never looked better...who knew?

I am posting this thread to basically gather information on which products everyone feels have given them the most success. Whether it be over the counter topicals, or prescription drugs/topicals. I am interested in hearing which products are universally advocated so I can create a daily regimen or consider certain products. It is difficult to weed out successful treatments through the hundreds of products that are out there, and I am curious to see which ones people find the most effective.

I am looking forward to your input

Vichy Normaderm, CoQ 10 Toner, Proactiv's Repairing lotion, Biorre lightweight pore minimizing moisturizer (which is non-comedogenic and spf 15)<--- As far as a daily regimen goes.

For spot treatment Zinc sulfate (goes deep into the skin, traps bacteria, good for foliculitus (thick hairs getting stuck under the skin), precription, made by Leo Canada. Proactiv Sulphur mask, deff the best thing I have EVER found for spot treatment, It can turn a 10 day nodule into a 2 day! I absolutley love the shit!

Oh forgot to mention for post acne marks .. VitaK Lotions, its a Vitamin K lotion, 2 weeks and you can't even tell you had a mark there. Works on old marks as well but takes about 4 weeks to make them fully fade.

Terressentials 100% Organic Flower Therapy Skin Care: Detoxifying Facial Cleanser, Exfoliating Facial Toner, Daily Renewal Facial Lotion, Terrific Tush Treatment for scars. When I reorder I'll also add in their Flower Acid Facial Masque.

Anything by Vivant, anything by DDF (or Peter Thomas Roth since they basically have the same products), Cetaphil, Clearasil Ultra, Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, Olay... That's about it.

Finacea, Vivant Derm A Gel, Queen Helene Mint Julep mask for occasional spot treat only, and my esthetician's products from her own product line (her BP, glycolic, scrub, moisturizer and sunscreen)