Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
silver star

Clear Skin Regimen --> Dan Kern's Regimen?

Hello!

It's been a long time since I've been on these boards. I've been following the Regimen off and on for a couple years now... it's very interesting to see how WELL it works every time I really "focus" on following it! I'm back to order some more bp as I'm on my last tube, and noticed Dan's moisturizer is out now! I realize it's been out a few months at this point, but it's news to me :)

Anyway, I also noticed that everyone is talking about the "Dan Kern Regimen" or "DKR" now - when did that happen?? It was always the "Clear Skin Regimen" or "CSR" (or just "The Regimen" - I do still see that used) from what I remember. It's referred to as "Dan Kern's Clear Skin Regimen" on my old bp tube, which makes sense, but just "Dan Kern Regimen" is new to me!

I'm guessing there were copyright, etc. issues with "Clear Skin Regimen".... but "Dan Kern Regimen" just strikes me as a little narcissistic, and I know that's NOT where Dan's coming from! At least how I've always interpreted things is that Dan is trying to promote his ideas to really help people, rather than promoting himself. And I still do believe that, but this Regimen name change just strikes me as odd.

So does anyone have any info about this name change? Was it something official or did it happen gradually? I'm very curious - thanks!

Hello!

It's been a long time since I've been on these boards. I've been following the Regimen off and on for a couple years now... it's very interesting to see how WELL it works every time I really "focus" on following it! I'm back to order some more bp as I'm on my last tube, and noticed Dan's moisturizer is out now! I realize it's been out a few months at this point, but it's news to me :)

Anyway, I also noticed that everyone is talking about the "Dan Kern Regimen" or "DKR" now - when did that happen?? It was always the "Clear Skin Regimen" or "CSR" (or just "The Regimen" - I do still see that used) from what I remember. It's referred to as "Dan Kern's Clear Skin Regimen" on my old bp tube, which makes sense, but just "Dan Kern Regimen" is new to me!

I'm guessing there were copyright, etc. issues with "Clear Skin Regimen".... but "Dan Kern Regimen" just strikes me as a little narcissistic, and I know that's NOT where Dan's coming from! At least how I've always interpreted things is that Dan is trying to promote his ideas to really help people, rather than promoting himself. And I still do believe that, but this Regimen name change just strikes me as odd.

So does anyone have any info about this name change? Was it something official or did it happen gradually? I'm very curious - thanks!

I think Dan felt the same way. That's why its called the Acne.org Regimen in the forum titles. But people (except Dan) seem to like calling it DKR so that why its stayed I guess.

but yeah it changed from CSR to DKR about 8 months ago, due to copyright issues.

"Dan Kern Regimen" just strikes me as a little narcissistic

I think Dan felt the same way. That's why its called the Acne.org Regimen in the forum titles. But people (except Dan) seem to like calling it DKR so that why its stayed I guess.

but yeah it changed from CSR to DKR about 8 months ago, due to copyright issues.

Ah I see, yeah that's what I was thinking (copyright issues).

One of the things I've always loved about the Regimen is that it seems to be genuinely about sharing techniques that work, not just "hey buy my products!" - every other company seems to do that, and it's pretty much impossible to tell if anyone is really selling something worthwhile or if it's all about profit.

Dan's regimen, on the other hand, is all about paying attention to ingredients so that you can make an INFORMED decision about what's really going to work. And about HOW to apply those products for maximum benefit. It's not about specific brand products.

I still feel a little slightly weird about Dan selling products at all... I know that HIS products aren't essential to the Regimen, and I know he sells them for convenience more than anything, since it is really tricky to find reliably gentle and cost-effective products. When I started the Regimen only the bp was available on here... now I'm excited about having good sources for "all 3" products on here (I haven't had a chance to fully test the moisturizer yet, but am hopeful).

But I am a HUGE skeptic, and I am just a little afraid that if when I'd first stumbled upon Acne.org and saw that products were for sale, I would have written this all off as "just another gimmicky acne system" before reading more into it. I know better now, but would I if I were new to the site now? I really hope so, because the Regimen REALLY works and I'd hate to have missed out on it!

It's now just the Acne.org Regimen. Dan was never comfortable with his name in it, and he had to change it from Clear Skin because another company already had a product line by that name. So, the "Acne.org Regimen" it is. But we do still often refer to it as The Regimen, or Dan's regimen, for simplicity.

For the skeptics out there, just give it a strict try for 3 months. Really. With store-bought products or Dan's, whichever you prefer.

Good luck!

Hey Brandy, thanks very much for the reply. This makes a lot of sense - that it wasn't really "Dan's idea" to have his name all over the place.

I did notice that in my new order, the bp tubes say "Dan Kern's Regimen" but the moisturizer, which looks like it has a new-style handwritten label, just says "Acne.org" - I think that's a good way to go. Also, I like the look of the handwritten label, it's a nice touch. :)

Anyway though, it's so true that if you're new to the Regimen, give it a good shot, and don't worry about whether or not you get Dan's products. Eventually you may realize that they're an incrediblely cost-effective way to get really good quality products, but DO NOT let the mere fact that there are products for sale turn you off!

The Regimen here, by whatever name, is NOT about buying these particular products. It's about what's important to look for in skin products, and about how to apply them.

And I hope that message never changes, no matter how popular this site may become or how many marketing people get involved. :)