Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andlanierwaslike

accutane not working

i am not on my second course of accutane. and i am almost finished, here in the next 2 weeks. the first time as soon as i got off of it in a month i was just as bad as i had been befor. so less than a year after finishing that course i started again. and have not seen great results this time either. i have tried EVERYTHING under the sun it seems like, over the counter products, every topical almost, i used a few different antibiotics, then accutane, the only thing left that i have been told to try has beem birth control. i have been suffering from severe acne for 6 years now, and am ready to fix it. any ideas on things to use after accutane to keep the results longer. any other ideas of products i should try? HELP!!!!

i am not on my second course of accutane. and i am almost finished, here in the next 2 weeks. the first time as soon as i got off of it in a month i was just as bad as i had been befor. so less than a year after finishing that course i started again. and have not seen great results this time either. i have tried EVERYTHING under the sun it seems like, over the counter products, every topical almost, i used a few different antibiotics, then accutane, the only thing left that i have been told to try has beem birth control. i have been suffering from severe acne for 6 years now, and am ready to fix it. any ideas on things to use after accutane to keep the results longer. any other ideas of products i should try? HELP!!!!

What is your dosage and weight? How is the medication taken? How long has this course lasted?

What is your dosage and weight? How is the medication taken? How long has this course lasted?

the guy above me posts some really good questions....also, get a second dermatologist to look at it, and ask for his opinion on what dosage he would use, and what he thinks the problem is.....

also.....some people need 3 courses for success.....me included! my doctor had to put me on it 3 times......and the third time was the charm....get that second opinion...