Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heather2182

Acne light treatment (blu-u)

I have pretty good insurance through work and I just get so frustrated that they really don’t cover any treatments for Acne. Why not??? Acne is a disease of the sebaceous gland, why wouldn’t they cover treatments. My friend at work had stomach surgery, a tummy tuck and a breast lift and insurance covered it all. That was thousands a dollars, and they won’t cover anything for acne.

I have been on a mission to get something covered. Years ago I tried to get blue light covered and that was DENIED! Today I called a dermatologist and got the codes they use for blue light that they submit to insurance companies. I then called my insurance company and gave them the codes to see if it would be approved. Surprisingly the said they would cover 2.

It costs $250 a treatment I’m so happy I don’t have to pay! I’m sick of putting thousands of dollars to skin treatment

I have to call back and confirm what they mean by 2. Is it 2 treatments a year or what?

I was just too excited and got off the phone fast.

Has anyone had this blue light treatment and had good results? I have read good things.

A few months ago I bought the lumiport light. I think it works good.

This link below give info on the blue light and provides some video.

http://www.dermacareusa.com/acnelight.html

I have pretty good insurance through work and I just get so frustrated that they really don’t cover any treatments for Acne. Why not??? Acne is a disease of the sebaceous gland, why wouldn’t they cover treatments. My friend at work had stomach surgery, a tummy tuck and a breast lift and insurance covered it all. That was thousands a dollars, and they won’t cover anything for acne.

I have been on a mission to get something covered. Years ago I tried to get blue light covered and that was DENIED! Today I called a dermatologist and got the codes they use for blue light that they submit to insurance companies. I then called my insurance company and gave them the codes to see if it would be approved. Surprisingly the said they would cover 2.

It costs $250 a treatment I’m so happy I don’t have to pay! I’m sick of putting thousands of dollars to skin treatment

I have to call back and confirm what they mean by 2. Is it 2 treatments a year or what?

I was just too excited and got off the phone fast.

Has anyone had this blue light treatment and had good results? I have read good things.

A few months ago I bought the lumiport light. I think it works good.

This link below give info on the blue light and provides some video.

http://www.dermacareusa.com/acnelight.html

Hi Heather:

It's a crime what insurance WILL pay for while not paying for acne treatments!

My daughter got good results from a series of 8 light treatments, basically once per week using the Lumenis CLearlight machine (same basic product as Blu-U). THere is no danger or side effect from this light only treatment. The research on this shows about 70 percent get clearing results, and the long term benefit varies, with some clearing for a long time. No way to know until you try, so best of luck and hoping you get good results! Bear in mind that during the initial weeks, you can get more breakouts as the light kills bacteria deep in the follicles. Basically it just speeds up what was going to happen sooner or later anyway. Keep us informed and please post your weekly results so others can learn from your experience.

On my other thread

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=172034

we are investigating cheaper options for this 415 nm light and hope tto have some actual results to report soon.

Regards, Dan