Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Security breach

Hi everybody. We had a security breach the past couple of days and had to update the forums as a result. My apologies if your posts got deleted or if you were otherwise affected in any way.

Regarding the breach, it is a crime, and we are launching a full criminal investigation and will prosecute the fullest extent of the law. This is no laughing matter and we are taking it absolutely seriously. We have contacted and engaged the support of the police and special High Tech Crimes unit of the FBI.

Thanks for your patience as we grow and improve our security procedures. And thanks as always for being here to help one another out.

Dan

Glad to hear everythings back to normal- and even better to hear your looking into this :)

Also glad thing are getting back to normal, hope you find the people who have been doing this. And hope the police or whoever is looking in to this takes the right action.

Yeah! Take down them blinkin' free bootin' jerks! Honestly, why the crow would anyone hijack a skincare site anyway?

Yeah! Take down them blinkin' free bootin' jerks! Honestly, why the crow would anyone hijack a skincare site anyway?

I'm pretty sure it was to sabotage the Countdown to 10,000 thread They only had like 600 more to go, and the thread is now gone. Wooosh. Vanished into thin air.

I'm pretty sure it was to sabotage the Countdown to 10,000 thread They only had like 600 more to go, and the thread is now gone. Wooosh. Vanished into thin air.

O_o)!? Along with what else??

omg.. that MUST BE IT!! .. :w00t:..your a genius! :wub:

I like you Blythe, always did. Tell you what, I'll break off a small piece of my genius and give it to you. I know, I know... I'm too nice for my own good. I just can't help it..

*breaks off a piece of his genius and hands it to Blythe*

I like you Blythe, always did. Tell you what, I'll break off a small piece of my genius and give it to you. I know, I know... I'm too nice for my own good. I just can't help it..

Very tempted to edit that word......;) but this is a serious topic, so i shall not.

Glad its being looked into.

omg.. that MUST BE IT!! .. :w00t: ..your a genius! :wub:

oh great. Just what i need...moarrrrr genius. >_<

I have no room for it, but thanks anyways. :comfort:

omg.. that MUST BE IT!! .. :w00t: ..your a genius! :wub:

Very tempted to edit that word...... ;) but this is a serious topic, so i shall not.

Glad its being looked into.

LOL!!! m00sie! :lol:

Really????

:cool:

:ninja:

The Exercise thread appears to be gone as well, along with all the other pinned threads .....

Thanks for keeping us informed Dan! I was wondering WHAT was going on because I couldn't get to any of my boards! I just wonder why anyone would bother with an acne site... it's a support site and seems it would only be of interest to people who are trying to solve their skin issues. Hope you catch them!

I put a 10$ bet out there that it can be traced back to Proactiv

Not making accusations mind you, but . . .

I came on the first time it was "hacked" (if any of you were there you would have seen the two odd pictures they posted on the front page of the board along with "lol") and it seemed to be some flamers from a site called Liberty Hell just having some really pathethic fun. A lot of people probably already know this and they have already deleted everything concerning it. So yea... :mad:

It proves that some people will never grown up and will always be immature losers. Anyway I hope the hackers get what they deserve. Glad to see the Acne.org boards back up. Thanks so much Dan, Joel, Brandy, and every other mod and admin for the work you put into this wonderful place. :)

I put a 10$ bet out there that it can be traced back to Proactiv

Not making accusations mind you, but . . .

Meh, my money's on Acnexus, and a certain "GD Labs" in Utah that doesn't exist.

The hoster who houses the message board I run was hacked and had to shut down for a couple of week. Very serious indeed.

I came on the first time it was "hacked" (if any of you were there you would have seen the two odd pictures they posted on the front page of the board along with "lol") and it seemed to be some flamers from a site called Liberty Hell just having some really pathethic fun. A lot of people probably already know this and they have already deleted everything concerning it. So yea... :mad:

LH? Wouldn't shock me.

thanks dan...

so what's the deal with this LH stuff..................i keep seeing that around but never really gave it any thought until this happened and another org member said that it looks like peeps from LH were the culprits...................